We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1

    Well Traveled...wait, what???

    I took my level 50 burglar into Moria for the first time today. I was just doing a bit of the free traveling part before getting into questing. There was the well, so I decided I might as well get my title and another horse point. So I jumped in and fell and fell......and landed in the water of the waterworks! No damage. I did get the title, but I didn't realize it was possible to survive the fall. Really, I would have rather landed in the circle, rather than have to sneak my way back to the horse point. You just can't please some people, I guess.
    Officer and elder member of the Claws of Abigail kin.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeb682 View Post
    I took my level 50 burglar into Moria for the first time today. I was just doing a bit of the free traveling part before getting into questing. There was the well, so I decided I might as well get my title and another horse point. So I jumped in and fell and fell......and landed in the water of the waterworks! No damage. I did get the title, but I didn't realize it was possible to survive the fall. Really, I would have rather landed in the circle, rather than have to sneak my way back to the horse point. You just can't please some people, I guess.
    Try to land on the bucket in the well, my daughter did that. Didn't zone out, it was hilarious seeing her in the well. Not sure if you still can do it or not.

  3. #3
    Once you've explored Moria a bit, it's the quickest way to get from 21H to Water-works.

    21H - swift goat to CoC - well

    And once my LM fell down AND SURVIVED. I want an extra title for that.

    100s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Hrolfdan (MN), Aldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rumbold (BG): The little ones - Rumbelina (MN), Brai (RK)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), Snowbourn
    A Noob for All Seasons

  4. #4
    "EVEN I AM BUGGED IN THIS GAME..."
    ~ Terry Pratchett's Death on LOTRO ~

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedfrith View Post
    Once you've explored Moria a bit, it's the quickest way to get from 21H to Water-works.

    21H - swift goat to CoC - well

    And once my LM fell down AND SURVIVED. I want an extra title for that.
    For some reason, every time I drop down there, I survive... although that's more than likely down to the fact that my laptop is junk, so by the time the loading screen cuts back to my character, I've already landed in the water (or very close to). Either that or all my characters equipped Pogo sticks before they jumped.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,922
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeb682 View Post
    I took my level 50 burglar into Moria for the first time today. I was just doing a bit of the free traveling part before getting into questing. There was the well, so I decided I might as well get my title and another horse point. So I jumped in and fell and fell......and landed in the water of the waterworks! No damage. I did get the title, but I didn't realize it was possible to survive the fall. Really, I would have rather landed in the circle, rather than have to sneak my way back to the horse point. You just can't please some people, I guess.
    lol Yes, that is possible. I fell down just two days ago or so with a friend. He died, but I survived and had to limp back. xD
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    465
    My hypothesis is that this is WAI and you always survive your first jump down the well. Which is very convenient if you do it to deal with that epic quest asking you to check out what's below the well, and why I think the behavior might be intended. I can't recall dying on a first drop, or surviving on subsequent drops, anyway.

    I've also experienced a different "fatal" Moria drop frustration when my minstrel did II.6.7 (the one where you find Gandalf's hat and look at rubble on the Endless Stair). SOP is to "swift travel" back to the Shadowed Refuge by jumping off the Endless Stair to die and get to the rez circle. Somehow my mini landed just right on some funky mushroom/outcrop/something-or-other and survived without even taking falling damage.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,922
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Howell View Post
    My hypothesis is that this is WAI and you always survive your first jump down the well. Which is very convenient if you do it to deal with that epic quest asking you to check out what's below the well, and why I think the behavior might be intended. I can't recall dying on a first drop, or surviving on subsequent drops, anyway.

    I've also experienced a different "fatal" Moria drop frustration when my minstrel did II.6.7 (the one where you find Gandalf's hat and look at rubble on the Endless Stair). SOP is to "swift travel" back to the Shadowed Refuge by jumping off the Endless Stair to die and get to the rez circle. Somehow my mini landed just right on some funky mushroom/outcrop/something-or-other and survived without even taking falling damage.
    Well, I can say that when I jumped down the well the other day on my champion (and a friend on his warden) it was the very first time for both of us. He died, I didn't. *shrug*
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

  9. #9
    Nope, I had only done it once before, with my first character to enter Moria and she wound up in the rez circle.
    Officer and elder member of the Claws of Abigail kin.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    3,941
    I've never survived my first jump into the well.
    Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Loringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard
    http://www.theoldergamers.com

  11. #11
    Only did it twice, first with my champion who died then with my captain who survived.

    Guess it depends on where you hit the water.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000002b61df/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  12. #12
    I have never survived any jump in that well. Not the first and not the fifth of any of them in between. Some people have all the luck!
    Lag = skills roulette. You never know which one will go off.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Middle Earth, Arda
    Posts
    4,109
    Yes, you can survive that jump with only a broken leg. It prety much depends from what point you jump. Maybe some invisible object in the air is the cause of dead.
    Is this Alternate Character Disorder? :

    Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth

  14. #14
    I seem to survive more than I die, I have also got stuck in the well at least on three occassions. This is all very annoying when your actually trying to die!

  15. #15
    I haven't tested it, but my hunch is that jumping into the hole makes you more likely to die than just walking over it.

    My first time down the well I wasn't even trying to do it. I was aiming for the quest-giving npc on the other side of the well, but fell short.
    [B]Dwarrowdelf[/B]: Gufli-Champ(58), Gadhalion-Hunter(27), Galbarad-Warrden(23), Gildro-Burg(20)
    [B]Windfola[/B]: Fredemond-Mini(25), Fimorin-Cappy(34), Fallaf-Guard(25), Fumli-RK(25), Falandion-LM(21)

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload