We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    101

    Skills of the enemy: Charge – Impact

    Fighting some Warband leaders I noticed that while they usually do only moderate damage that they somehow hit me (and my horse) very hard suddenly to the point where they dismount me from nearly full endurance (usually about 4k max) very fast. A glance at CA revealed that I have been hit by a skill called Impact which can hit up to 10k damage. Observing this in subsequent fights showed that they only seem to be able to use Impact when they have the Charge-buff on them so I tried to stay out of range whenever it popped up. Today I noticed that one of my Captains skill, Oppressive Blow in Riddermark, seem to remove the Charge-buff. I think what removes it is the 'Forces your target to ride to your left or right flank for a short time.'-effect of Oppressive Blow.

    Has someone made similar experiences or can generalize this?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by fusei View Post
    Fighting some Warband leaders I noticed that while they usually do only moderate damage that they somehow hit me (and my horse) very hard suddenly to the point where they dismount me from nearly full endurance (usually about 4k max) very fast. A glance at CA revealed that I have been hit by a skill called Impact which can hit up to 10k damage. Observing this in subsequent fights showed that they only seem to be able to use Impact when they have the Charge-buff on them so I tried to stay out of range whenever it popped up. Today I noticed that one of my Captains skill, Oppressive Blow in Riddermark, seem to remove the Charge-buff. I think what removes it is the 'Forces your target to ride to your left or right flank for a short time.'-effect of Oppressive Blow.

    Has someone made similar experiences or can generalize this?
    Sounds reasonable, but I haven't looked at what buffs cause mounted enemies to use Impact.

    All I know is that a mounted enemy is best dismounted, so I take care of that. Enemies on foot don't have Impact in their arsenal, so for me, that solves the problem nicely.

    HTH,
    SNy
    LotRO on Linux! http://SNy.name/LOTRO/
    Also home to the LI progression diagram.
    Find the new forums unreadable? Try my forum theme.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by SNy-lotrolinux-EU View Post
    All I know is that a mounted enemy is best dismounted
    This certainly was a viable tactic for Eastemnet warbands, but some of the Wildermore Warbands (in this case Voz) are very unwilling to part with their mount and sometimes even die mounted despite me hiting them with every dismount skill I have during the fight. That's why I want to understand how this Impact skill works and if I can avoid it.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by fusei View Post
    This certainly was a viable tactic for Eastemnet warbands, but some of the Wildermore Warbands (in this case Voz) are very unwilling to part with their mount and sometimes even die mounted despite me hiting them with every dismount skill I have during the fight. That's why I want to understand how this Impact skill works and if I can avoid it.
    I would like to know this as well

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Middle Earth, Arda
    Posts
    4,100
    Use the yellow warsteed line to root, snare or stune the mounted enemies. That remove or prevent the charge buff (charge = fury). Also some classes dismount them when on yellow line when they do a critical hit. Increase agility to reduce the miss chance. Try to build some fury to increase your chance to crit on them.
    Is this Alternate Character Disorder? :


 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload