We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    With the current donation rates are all servers on track to finish before the November 18th deadline?

If every server is donating 10-15k a day on average, then yes, they should be able to do so just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Fipiara View Post
    We're getting there I've turned in enough so far to get the t3 deed 5 or 6 characters.

It probably has to do with the fact that the Firefoot didn't seem to get the drop rate nerf I've seen others mention.
    Anyone else experiencing this? Blue Name care to comment?

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHKNYGHT View Post
    Updated approximately every twenty-four hours.
    Just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to do this! I've been checking every day. I really like the second graph (that breaks it into daily contributions).
    A vote for Saruman is a vote for progress! Vote today!

Quote Originally Posted by jpark84 View Post
    Anyone else experiencing this? Blue Name care to comment?
    I just did one rotation of an old bounder token farm to test the drop rates, and they do appear to have dropped for Firefoot as well; 1 bag in ~15 minutes, as opposed to about 10 bags in ~15 minutes before the Faire.

Therefore, it is safe to assume festival participation on Firefoot is significant.

I've been having a very difficult time getting any Bounder's Tokens since the FF went active. Even within the FF, the quests within the event that reward tokens seem to be giving a very poor rate of return.

I really looked forward to the Bounder's Token event when it was announced. I wanted the statue deed accomplished to help everyone while helping myself at the same time. I wanted to participate to show my enthusiasm for the approach of Helm's Deep and to try to generate game-wide enthusiasm for the launch. I wanted to do my part for my server to get the pre-launch buffs. I think that those goals are in keeping with what Turbine wanted from the event and what would ultimately be good for me, my server, and this game.

Win-win sounded good to me. It hasn't been my experience since the event launched.

I'm not what I would consider a hardcore player but I am playing 3-4 hours most days. My pre-FF strategy had been that I would concentrate on slayer deed completions to maximize kills for Bounder's tokens and to maximize TP for deed completion. I play a lot of toons on three servers but I've been concentrating almost exclusively on Nimrodel where the bulk of my toons reside and where I have a lot of deeds open to me. I did not use accelerators in order to get the maximum number of kills to try to maximize my chances for Token bags.

Post-FF, most of my game time is taken up with the FF quests on an 85 RK toon and doing enough landscape questing to expend my blue-bar bonus on a lvl 62 minstrel. I'm turning in almost all tokens with that 85 RK so that I can easily plot my progress and maximize my chances for rewards to that player. So far, playing daily, I am still several hundred tokens short on tier 3 of the Bounder's Token turn-in deed with that single toon.

Here are my token gathering experiences.

On landscape, pre-FF, I was getting about 300 tokens a day from deeding after Turbine reported the increased drop rate tweak.
    On landscape, post-FF launch, I'm getting 5-10 tokens a day on average from deeding and questing with some days being zero tokens on landscape.
    In FF, I'm getting 50-60 tokens a day from festival quests.

I have to assume that this is WAI. I can't assign my low totals since FF launched to bad luck with the RNG because it's been consistent from day to day. At present, it seems like the token drop rate is actively opposing me in the pursuit of my goals.

All that said, I'm not going to succumb to too much negativity and label this a complaint as much as I just want to say that I find this very disheartening. The precipitous decline in token drop rate has been received by me like a kick in the back of my head. What could have been a really good, fun time in game is giving me what I describe as LOTRO-fatigue because my gains don't outweigh my pains.

The event has stopped being fun for me. The fun needs to come back into this event or I'd just as soon not have the event.

imladris was in the middle range of bounder totals... when FF started with the lower droprates i knew ppl on my server would stop farming... (too much effort in comparison to the reward) like i would do... and yes i did quit... and now our server is one of the lowest did maybe get 50 tokens during the FF, where i got 2.5k before the event

Quote Originally Posted by LethalLethality View Post
    If every server is donating 10-15k a day on average, then yes, they should be able to do so just fine.
    Gilrain added over 72,000 tokens in the past 24 hours, so even the smallest server is on track to complete with time to spare.

Updated approximately every twenty-four hours. Gilrain's info will be added later today; I cannot say why without breaking a Turbine rule, so please do not ask.

This combined with the fact Gilrain is now (The current time on the server is 09/13 01:57 PM.) on 1,146,000 Tokens compared to 849,850 22 hours ago (Info from https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-Server-Totals
    Gilraen: 849,850/1,750,000 9/12 3:00 PM server-time) raises some suspicion, at least with me. How did they get so many tokens in such a short span of time?

Quote Originally Posted by Alianne_EU View Post
    Gilrain added over 72,000 tokens in the past 24 hours, so even the smallest server is on track to complete with time to spare.
    It seems highly likely that some tweak was made for Gilrain. This would explain the OP's comment about an update later for Gilrain.

I wonder if there's some way to query both the drop rate and the server's current totals which is what led to this ...'can't talk about it' statement in the first place.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

It seems highly likely that some tweak was made for Gilrain. This would explain the OP's comment about an update later for Gilrain.

I wonder if there's some way to query both the drop rate and the server's current totals which is what led to this ...'can't talk about it' statement in the first place.
    I logged on Gilrain and asked about it, someone told me a kinnie of theirs just handed in 260k in total (multiboxing).
    Weird thing about the statement though, why would OP post such a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by zalladi View Post
    I just did one rotation of an old bounder token farm to test the drop rates, and they do appear to have dropped for Firefoot as well; 1 bag in ~15 minutes, as opposed to about 10 bags in ~15 minutes before the Faire.

Therefore, it is safe to assume festival participation on Firefoot is significant.
    Well, I don't really keep track of my drops by day or by mobs, but I've been working through a LOT of deeds over the past couple weeks in many areas (Sarnur, Evendim, Forochel, Eregion, etc.) on quite a few alts. I tend to focus more on deed completion and virtues than counting the tokens and farming optimal locations specifically for the tokens. While the drop rate might not be exactly as high as it used to be, my drop rate since FF has been quite a bit higher than what others are reporting. In total I have turned at least 15k and have at least that to turn in. Since FF started, if there has been a decrease in drop rate on FF, I still have been able to accumulate tokens at a strong rate via kills/slayer deeds.

Firefoot & Gilrain were dead last by a fair amount - it wouldn't surprise me if drop rates were adjusted at the start of FF depending server stats, but without any communication I really couldn't say whether it was intentional or a mistake/bug or even how the drop rates faired between all the servers. Who knows, maybe I've just been incredibly lucky while working on my slayer deeds, but looking at the progress of Firefoot I would be VERY surprised if the steady progress of Firefoot is only attributable to our small server's extreme enthusiasm for the Faire.
    [u][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmEsCKAb7r0"]Sauron vs. Tom Bombadil[/url][/u][COLOR="Red"] [/color][COLOR="Orange"] A fun what-if video I hope brings a smile[/color][COLOR="Red"][/color]

Not sure if true, but I've also heard somebody on Gilraen turned in 200-300k tokens. Not going to mention names, but it's fairly obvious if you just ask around the server.

Quote Originally Posted by Anharmon View Post
    Not sure if true, but I've also heard somebody on Gilraen turned in 200-300k tokens. Not going to mention names, but it's fairly obvious if you just ask around the server.
    Lets pretend for a moment that they're 12boxing.

At 350 Tokens/hr / char that takes them just under 48hrs /played to get 200k

Assuming they found a way to 24box practically, it'd still take them 24hrs of solid farming at that rate.
    ~350 tokens/hr would be an insanely high rate under the current conditions. So lets see what that looks like with a more conservative 12 boxes at ~150tokens/hr/char which is much more realistic given the rates seen after the faire. 4 1/4 days of non-stop token acquisition.

I'd ask the Gilraen player to come here and testify that's what they did if true, rather than people assuming he made some astronomical donation of 200-300k overnight. That's the equivalent of turning in 11-17% of the statue all at once.

Lets pretend for a moment that they're 12boxing.

At 350 Tokens/hr / char that takes them just under 48hrs /played to get 200k

Assuming they found a way to 24box practically, it'd still take them 24hrs of solid farming at that rate.
    ~350 tokens/hr would be an insanely high rate under the current conditions. So lets see what that looks like with a more conservative 12 boxes at ~150tokens/hr/char which is much more realistic given the rates seen after the faire. 4 1/4 days of non-stop token acquisition.

I'd ask the Gilraen player to come here and testify that's what they did if true, rather than people assuming he made some astronomical donation of 200-300k overnight. That's the equivalent of turning in 11-17% of the statue all at once.
    I assume that they farmed for 3-4 days and then turned it all in as once. Otherwise it wouldn't be obvious that something happened, and Gilrain didn't just decide to get super-productive.

It doesn't make sense to me for Turbine to have given Gilrain a boost, because no other servers got a boost.

Just a question to which I can't find an answer anywhere. Let's say I want a tier 3 reward (the horse). It will unlock for 1500 tokens once my server reaches the 1,750,000 tokens. I bet we'll reach that in time. Can I then just get the horse, or do I also need to have reached the Tier 3 donations on my character (2,500 tokens total)? Or will it unlock regardless of the amount of tokens I have donated on the character?

Quote Originally Posted by Talzaroff View Post
    Just a question to which I can't find an answer anywhere. Let's say I want a tier 3 reward (the horse). It will unlock for 1500 tokens once my server reaches the 1,750,000 tokens. I bet we'll reach that in time. Can I then just get the horse, or do I also need to have reached the Tier 3 donations on my character (2,500 tokens total)? Or will it unlock regardless of the amount of tokens I have donated on the character?
    You can just get the horse. It will unlock regardless of the amount of tokens you have donated on your character.
    http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/User:Trove

The Graph is updated. With the Farmer's Faire over, it should be interesting to see what happens with the drop rates. Does anyone have any guesses on what will happen or seen any changes yet?
    http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/User:Trove

The Graph is updated. With the Farmer's Faire over, it should be interesting to see what happens with the drop rates. Does anyone have any guesses on what will happen or seen any changes yet?
    The people who were doing non-competive faire quests for a semi-reasonable acquisition rate can no longer do so. The rate of kegs/bottle collection is much smaller than you could get bags from the faire. I suspect this means we'll see a drop off in contributions as mob rates seem unaffected.

It will be interesting to see how the long 'Bilbo's Birthday' quest arc affects turnins.

The graph is really great.

Can we have the high drop rates again? Honestly. Think of the lower pop servers.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/dgoqrr.jpg[/IMG]
    RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle[B]
    Landroval[/B]: [SIZE=1]LAERLIN ([URL="http://tinyurl.com/laerlin"]Bio + Drawings[/URL]) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND ([URL="http://tinyurl.com/aethelind"]Bio + Drawing[/URL]) • NETHAEL[/SIZE][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][URL="http://tinyurl.com/mnwbbbq"]Make LOTRO Housing Fun & Profitable![/URL] • [URL="http://tinyurl.com/m33b8be"]New Dye Color Suggestions![/URL][/CENTER]

The last place server is less than 500k away now, I think if the drops tail off to near nothing, they should get there within two months, especially with another festival coming up. Hard to believe people ares till worried about the drop rates.

2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    I don't think people are worried about reaching goal. I think they're worried about not having enough tokens to get what they want after reaching goal.

I don't think people are worried about reaching goal. I think they're worried about not having enough tokens to get what they want after reaching goal.
    That's exactly the point. I personally have a goal a little above 10k tokens to get 3 horses, the housing items and gear for 3 characters, and would be done by now if Turbine hadn't killed the drop rate. I'm sitting at about 4,200 tokens at the moment. Unless they put it back to what it was, there's not a chance I'll get anywhere close to my goal.
    -Silverlode- Ithoran 95 Guardian | Ithorano 85 Captain | Velga 85 Burglar | Ithoriel 85 Hunter | Odolier 44 Minstrel | Ithorann 27 Lore-master

Just wanted to say that I am SUPER glad that I saved my tokens (about 3,000) for when my server reached its' goal. I switched out 6 store-bought universal toolkits for the barterable toolkits, so now I have 6 universal toolkits in shared storage for any future alts I end up making. Also bought 10x 100% craft XP scrolls on all 6 of my characters so that they can speed through the Helm's Deep crafting tier once it hits. May get some housing items next time I log in just for kicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Laire View Post
    The graph is really great.

Can we have the high drop rates again? Honestly. Think of the lower pop servers.
    Thank you, Laire! Some of us in low population servers feel a bit frustrated and forgotten at the moment. I've finished all the Baggen's Birthday quests with all my alts, farmed the Mariner's event while it was on and am now waiting for the drop rate to (please) raise up again. Yesterday I was in a warband raid in Wildermore. We killed all the warbands and each of us only received one bounders bag per player. Mine gave only 5 tokens. It's discouraging to know folks from high population servers are enjoying the Bounder's Boon and have their horses while we're still struggling hard to meet our goal...and with such low drop rates.

Personally, I was "worried" when it first started, not knowing what time frame we had to work with. Once we knew that, my "worry" dropped to "mild concern", given drop rates and server progress toward its goal. After having gone through the events/festivals so far and seen the results, I'm now relatively confident that the server my main is on (and possibly the others servers as well) will reach goal by the end of this coming weekend (or even just end of the month to have a nice clean break to it). That would leave ~7 weeks and the next festival for personal token acquisition. I'm expecting to be able to pool enough tokens to get what I want for my main. Anything extra beyond that is gravy. I like gravy.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast