We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

[Request] Bounder Bounty Notifier

It'd be nice to have a bounders bounty notifier!

I managed to get an alert working for everyone BUT bags that drop for myself (Despite copying and pasting the pattern from my lootlog and attempting to escape the special character in exactly the same way I did for the other character has acquired one.)

(It'd also be nice if it would include notifications for all the levels of boxes and keys!)
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

The Alerter plugin already handles this. Just use ".*acquired.*0x000000000000000 0:0x7003855D.*" for the pattern (include the periods and asterisks but not the quotes) to match in the english client. For FR and DE clients, replace the word "acquired" with the correct word from the chat message (the numeric part matches the item examination ID and is the same for all three clients). Make sure you select the Custom Channel and enter 36 as the custom channel (the "Loot (Self)" channel is not directly selectable until ver 1.06)
    EDIT: Note, the forums put an extra space in the pattern to break up the long string, you will have to remove the space in the string of zeros if you copy it

I use "%M" for the message, but you might want to enter the actual text since with %M the item text shows up in the message as the font size of the chat window and looks a bit odd. I left the response centered full screen and set a duration of 3 seconds with an interval of .5 seconds. Just set those five values (pattern, message, channel, duration and interval), save it and voila!

You can also set up similar alerts for all of the levels of boxes and keys (or any other item you are interested in). I would recommend using the item names instead of IDs in the pattern if you are not sure if the item has a unique ID or a generic ID (unique IDs have numbers in the first half of the ID and generic IDs only have numbers in the second half). You can capture the examination tooltip part of the chat message using Alerter's built in log - use '/alerter log start' to start the log and then once an instance of an item you are interested in shows up in the chat log, use '/alerter log show' to display the log and copy the item ID from the tooltip tag.
    Last edited by Garan; Aug 31 2013 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garan View Post
    The Alerter plugin already handles this. Just use ".*acquired.*0x000000000000000 0:0x7003855D.*"
    I didnt realize there was a way to pattern match on IID, that's much handier than trying to figure out how to escape the special characters. Still. I'm at a loss for why I've managed to get it to work for everyone else, but me with my existing patterns.

While I'm at it.. whats the ID for the Loot (Fellows) channel?
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    I didnt realize there was a way to pattern match on IID, that's much handier than trying to figure out how to escape the special characters. Still. I'm at a loss for why I've managed to get it to work for everyone else, but me with my existing patterns.

While I'm at it.. whats the ID for the Loot (Fellows) channel?
    Special characters can be a bit of a pain

I never got around to identifying the Loot (Fellows) channel. My secondary game machine no longer runs LotRO and this box won't handle multiple instances so testing group functions is now a minor hassle. I'll see if I can get in a group later to find this out. You can determine the channel ID of any chat message using the log - just turn on logging with '/alerter log start' and then when you see a message you want to check, use '/alerter log show'. The channel is displayed in the log with the message text. If if is a previously defined channel, the name will be displayed and you can select it with a checkbox in the alert definition. If it is a channel that was created since the last plugin update the number will be displayed and you enter it as a custom channel. The biggest drawback to custom channels is that I only left a single entry field so if you are interested in more than one channel (which is possible with something like Loot) you would need multiple alert definitions. I will probably change that for the next release by allowing users to enter multiple custom channels separated by commas or semi-colons.
    EDIT: The Loot (Fellows) channel ID is 37.
    Last edited by Garan; Aug 31 2013 at 10:59 AM.