We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Exclamation The Bounder's Bounty Thread

Come on people, don't be greedy. It's time to pull together.

Here's the deal. Until Helm's Deep, LotRO has an event where players in each server collect tokens. They can then choose whether to hand in those tokens for rewards or use them to contribute to the server-wide goal. If we reach the server-wide goal, we can use further tokens for better items. We are essentially being given a choice between selfishness and sacrifice for the greater good.

The rewards for reaching the goal are as follows:

1. Access to impressive items such as the Universal Toolkit and a steed in return for further tokens.
    2. A buff, the Bounder's Boon, that persists until Helm's Deep launches.
    3. An upgrade to the Michel Delving statue which will, as far as I can tell, persist for the rest of the mmo's lifetime. This means our success or failure here will be visible, something to either be proud or embarrassed about.

Last I checked we were at 2,950 tokens.

We need 1,750,000. (Yikes.)

I don't know about you but playing with my wife I sometimes only see one or two other people in a day. Reaching this goal seems optimistic, but I can't just settle for being one of the second-rate servers that don't reach it.

I suggest a win-win strategy for this server. Instead of handing in our tokens in the hope that we reach the goal, we can hold onto the tokens and post here how many we have saved up. When it is pretty certain we will reach the goal based on what we have recorded here plus what has already been handed in, we hand in what we've saved up.

This could turn out to be the best thing that ever happened to our community. Come on, free peoples of Silverlode. Let's do this.

As well as posting to this thread with how many tokens you have saved up so far, we'd appreciate any advice you have as to where might be the best places to get them.

So far I have only found tokens in the Quarry in Scary, with a lv. 43 Elf LM (can't imagine it matters though). I just happened to be collecting Dirty Filth and Light Carapaces for another character and during a half hour session, a total of 15 tokens appeared in my bag.

I suggest we only update this thread upon every 100 tokens that we collect, so post when you have 100 and when you have 200, etc.
    Last edited by Torathon; Aug 27 2013 at 06:21 AM.

Hold on, does anyone know if you can collect more than 50 at a time? If not, this idea falls flat. But still we can share tips for getting tokens on this thread.

Update: There are items that require more than 50 tokens so this idea should work.

I thnk it's that the lady who accepts the tokens only takes them in lots of 50.

Everyone will reach the goal eventually. No need to worry.

Quote Originally Posted by EdgeCase View Post
    For those concerned about some servers not unlocking the server vendor and Bounder's Boon: we've taken this into account in our numbers. We've set the value at a point where we feel that every server has a reasonable chance to unlock the final rewards. Larger servers will unlock it earlier, and smaller servers will unlock it later, but the number is low enough that it's designed to be reachable for everyone, if they try enough.

I know that the number looks daunting, but we're only a few hours in, with only one way of obtaining tokens open. We've got more tricks up our sleeve, and we're keeping a close eye on this event.
    We will have more ways to unlock tokens soon. And we're not even one of the smallest servers.

One strategy I found that worked for me, for the time being, was running angmar instances since they drop items/coins and the mobs are easily grouped up. I take an AoE class and group up as many as I can. I end up having at least 1 bag or more by the time the groups I pull are all dead. Of course you need to be level cap to pull this off most effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Torathon View Post
    Hold on, does anyone know if you can collect more than 50 at a time? If not, this idea falls flat. But still we can share tips for getting tokens on this thread.

Update: There are items that require more than 50 tokens so this idea should work.
    On my five accounts I have we'll over. 5k tokens. I'd help the server...not I need horses. I'llleave the freep buffa up to the ppl that still think these festivals are fun

There are already other threads for this. At least one has graphs.

Edit:
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-Server-Totals
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...onations-Graph

They are not particular to Silverload, but they do show overall progress of all servers.

Quote Originally Posted by xDementedx View Post
    Everyone will reach the goal eventually. No need to worry.
    It was not promised all servers would reach the goal. It was stated all servers would probably reach the goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexendynamus View Post
    There are already other threads for this. At least one has graphs.

Edit:
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-Server-Totals
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...onations-Graph

They are not particular to Silverload, but they do show overall progress of all servers.
    You've misread. This is not a thread for tallying our official progress. It is for tallying the tokens we haven't yet handed in.

It was not promised all servers would reach the goal. It was stated all servers would probably reach the goal.
    That's what they seemed to be saying, which is why I think we need to be vigilant.

To be honest I was starting to relax yesterday until I read the graph thread. It says we have the least tokens of any server...

If we aren't the smallest server, that is just embarrassing.

I didn't realize everyone had their own quota of 2,500 tokens to unlock the highest tier of items... so I guess this idea is a bit redundant. I thought we needed a system to reassure people contributing to the server total wasn't a waste. I suppose we could use this thread when any of us get more than 2,500 tokens and are wondering whether to use them on items or the server tally.

There is that off-chance one server just ceases to contribute any tokens until Helm's Deep. True.

I've been collecting these by running 3 accounts together. On my main account, I'm keeping them after finishing tier 3 deed, until the 1.75M is done. On the ftp accounts I'm running with it, I'm turning in all the tokens. So I guess I won't have much to report here... I'm just going to turn in most of the ones I collect.

Some of you might want to do this too... collect on main account for buying items later, and turn in even more from additional ftp multibox accounts. You'll also get more of other stuffs. More lootboxes and keys and rep items and ... well... everything the mobs drop.
    [FONT=Verdana][CENTER][COLOR=#666666]Silverlode lvl100 raiding characters: [/COLOR][COLOR=#FF0000]Glaistig [COLOR=#FFFF00]Skop[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=#666666] | lvl100 solo and small group characters: Bede, Elentir, & Wibba[/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [/FONT]
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu6/sierraechotango/LOTRO/Sigwwwdjelledk003_zps89225b3e.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#666666][COLOR="#FFA500"]Moochinbras [/COLOR]- former expert treasure-hunter of Silverlode, now enjoying retirement on Landroval [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by xDementedx View Post
    There is that off-chance one server just ceases to contribute any tokens until Helm's Deep. True.
    Nothing like that could happen in a Turbine game!
    Oh, wait : http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-7-mo...ng-history_p2/
    [FONT=Verdana][CENTER][COLOR=#666666]Silverlode lvl100 raiding characters: [/COLOR][COLOR=#FF0000]Glaistig [COLOR=#FFFF00]Skop[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=#666666] | lvl100 solo and small group characters: Bede, Elentir, & Wibba[/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [/FONT]
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu6/sierraechotango/LOTRO/Sigwwwdjelledk003_zps89225b3e.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#666666][COLOR="#FFA500"]Moochinbras [/COLOR]- former expert treasure-hunter of Silverlode, now enjoying retirement on Landroval [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Wow, has anyone noticed the drop rate shooting way up? No need for this thread even in theory any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Moochi View Post
    Nothing like that could happen in a Turbine game!
    Oh, wait : http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-7-mo...ng-history_p2/
    Hey I've seen this before!

Wow, has anyone noticed the drop rate shooting way up? No need for this thread even in theory any more.
    They increased the drop rate. At this rate, we should reach the goal in 6 weeks more or less.
    Last edited by xDementedx; Sep 01 2013 at 01:22 AM.

Come on people, don't be greedy. It's time to pull together.

Here's the deal. Until Helm's Deep, LotRO has an event where players in each server collect tokens. They can then choose whether to hand in those tokens for rewards or use them to contribute to the server-wide goal. If we reach the server-wide goal, we can use further tokens for better items. We are essentially being given a choice between selfishness and sacrifice for the greater good.

The rewards for reaching the goal are as follows:

1. Access to impressive items such as the Universal Toolkit and a steed in return for further tokens.
    2. A buff, the Bounder's Boon, that persists until Helm's Deep launches.
    3. An upgrade to the Michel Delving statue which will, as far as I can tell, persist for the rest of the mmo's lifetime. This means our success or failure here will be visible, something to either be proud or embarrassed about.

Last I checked we were at 2,950 tokens.

We need 1,750,000. (Yikes.)

I don't know about you but playing with my wife I sometimes only see one or two other people in a day. Reaching this goal seems optimistic, but I can't just settle for being one of the second-rate servers that don't reach it.

I suggest a win-win strategy for this server. Instead of handing in our tokens in the hope that we reach the goal, we can hold onto the tokens and post here how many we have saved up. When it is pretty certain we will reach the goal based on what we have recorded here plus what has already been handed in, we hand in what we've saved up.

This could turn out to be the best thing that ever happened to our community. Come on, free peoples of Silverlode. Let's do this.

As well as posting to this thread with how many tokens you have saved up so far, we'd appreciate any advice you have as to where might be the best places to get them.

So far I have only found tokens in the Quarry in Scary, with a lv. 43 Elf LM (can't imagine it matters though). I just happened to be collecting Dirty Filth and Light Carapaces for another character and during a half hour session, a total of 15 tokens appeared in my bag.

I suggest we only update this thread upon every 100 tokens that we collect, so post when you have 100 and when you have 200, etc.
    Until they clarify whether this 'boon' will affect the Moors, I will trade my tokens for Creep commendations...

Quote Originally Posted by BigPoppaMikey View Post
    Until they clarify whether this 'boon' will affect the Moors, I will trade my tokens for Creep commendations...
    Don't quote me on this, but I'm fairly certain it doesn't affect the Moors.

So I haven't been on my server since before the event began, and I've been reading the posts and it seems to me that higher-level areas are the best places to get tokens. I'm in lower-level areas right now(Lone-Lands), so I was wondering if gaining tokens is just as easy for lower-level players as it is for high-level players? In other words, can players just as easily find bounder's tokens in the Shire as they would in Angmar? Or is the activity of gaining tokens much more favored toward high-level players? If so, I find that very disappointing, as that steed really catches my eye! Happy Travels!

Just realized another detail that makes this thread even less relevant (the only reason I am posting this is to moan): the names of the characters who have contributed the most to the tally will be displayed on the statue. I feel like that completely flips the whole 'community effort' idea on its head. That isn't going to be a list of people who sacrificed extra for the server, that is just going to be a list of people who hogged low-level areas for weeks on end in return for a bit of fame. I have been hearing about exactly the opposite of a community effort - lvl 85s actually denying fellowship requests so that they aren't sharing tokens with anyone. So forget what I said about this being great for the community.

Well, at least we haven't needed to worry about the tally filling up.

after the fairy thingy. there is no drop rate anymore

Just realized another detail that makes this thread even less relevant (the only reason I am posting this is to moan): the names of the characters who have contributed the most to the tally will be displayed on the statue.
    We dont know what form this recognition will take. We do know it will be account wide because of server level contributions. This leads me to suspect it's a title.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

So, yesterday turbine turned the drop rate way down, I haven't seen a bag on over 24 hours now.

Excellent timing... Brandywine made the goal, because they are the largest. Way to go turbine in thinking this through - yet again! How about balancing these sorts of server-wide things based on populations?! Now the smaller servers suffer while the larger ones are in great shape.

This game finds new ways to push me away every week!!!
    [center]Irin r8 Hunter // Arngar r8 Burg // [b][color=red]Akthuri r15 LM[/color][/b] // Vishus r5 Captain[/center]

They don't drop from mobs anymore (almost) but every quest in the farmers faire gives a bag. You can get at least 10 bags per character per day from this. That adds up to a LOT of tokens if you're someone like me who has 9 alts xD

Also, the bounders boon does NOT have an effect in the moors. You can quote me on that. xD
    (don't believe me? then check the dev tracker)
    Last edited by Joebob7; Sep 08 2013 at 01:09 PM. Reason: typo