We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Then, if the leader has fewer than 5 types, do we check the other group members for additional types? And if there are still fewer than 5 types, just pick something at random? Because I, for one, do not want to fight 500 worms across 30 minutes and nothing else. That gets really boring, even if you're a champion hitting "Schwing-Schwing" all the time. ^^

Oh, while we're at it, let's add in skirmish lieutenants, rares from the above-mentioned types, and some kind of off-the-wall reward for beating them all! xD Start with the Shire, maybe fighting over the Quarry in Scary, or clearing the Bridgefields. Then Breeland in the Old Forest (for a change from Bree-town or the Barrows >.<). Ered Luin for Rath Terraig or someplace near there. Let's see... where else? Lonelands is a bit harder for fitting all types in, though Harloeg swamp might work. Add in something in the middle of North Downs, around the Bruinnen in the Trollshaws (Wait! We already have that one... let's just add in the crawlers and wights for their deeds) and so on.

Even better! Adjust the existing skirmishes in each region to include ALL creature types that fall into the slayer categories. That way, we have more incentive to purchase those skirmishes in the LotRO store or to go VIP, not to mention we get a bit more variety than the current Dourhand/goblin/wolf/warg/hendroval slayers associated with most skirmishes (and a couple of the later ones that actually include MERREVAIL, WORMS, ANGMARIM, and one or two of those annoying GRIMS!) I know the single most annoying slayer for me in Ered Luin/Shire/Breelands is spider-slayer, though Bree's Neeker-Breeker Slayer and ___fly slayer are also super annoying (in the latter case because there are probably fewer than 30 of them throughout Breeland, and about 10-15 of those are hiding in the Midgewater Swamp .)

Still, we'll need an Evendim skirmish, along with Eregion, Enedwaith, Dunland, and several other lesser-known areas of Middle Earth in order to meet the above-mentioned goal of more easily grinding deeds in each area. Of course, following the existing skirmish system will not solve the existing problem of people with insufficient funds to purchase VIP needing the extra help to make the game fun, but it will at least make deeds easier over all (and, hopefully, also for them eventually.)

Add to that extra skirmishes for Turbine to sell--I'm sure they would love that. >.<
    Last edited by Elym; Sep 02 2013 at 03:00 PM.
    Gimli's First Law of Tanking:

"Certainty of death? Small chance of success? What are we waiting for?"

Quote Originally Posted by JohnAPrescott View Post
    With virtues currently at 16, virtues have become a tiresome grind for those who like to have alts. This grind could possibly be extended to 18 with Helms Deep (90 deeds in all). Yes, you can buy the virtues on the LOTRO store but this isn't a viable option for many because you can easily pump a $100 in virtues alone. Depending on your sub. that's many months of game play time. I also recognize that you easily earn deeds while leveling but many times these deeds are not what a certain class needs to optimize their toon. With all this said, here are some ideas to lessen the grind for virtues.
    1. Have "Virtue Tomes", just like the tomes you have now that you get from end game runs such as "Vitality, Will, Agility, Might etc." but these tome would be "Tome of Zeal, Tome of Patience, Tome of Tolerance etc."
    2. Still have deeds but DON'T have a certain virtue attached to that deed. Instead, when your toon finishes a deed, have them gain a "Deed Point" instead of earning a certain type of virtue. When your toon collects "Deed Points" you can trade those points towards any virtue you want. This way, you can pick the virtues you want instead of gaining virtues you don't want and/or therefore probably never use. Furthermore, you can have Tier 1,2 and 3 type deeds.
    T1 - This means 1 Deed Point can be earned by completing regular deeds by killing monsters or discovering locations.
    T2 - This means 2 Deed Points can be earned by completing certain deeds in 3-6 instances and/or skirms.
    T3 - This means 3 Deed Points can be earned by completing deeds in 12-24 raids.
    And to really push the idea even further, have the deed points be account wide. Or refund virtues you've earned/bought on other toons and apply them to another toon that you will actually use.
    3. Have "Virtue Scrolls" be crafted by a certain certain class. The mats would be hard to obtain to maintain balance.

I'm not saying have ALL these in the game but out of all of them, having Deed Points to where you can choose your own virtue to advance is my favorite option.

EDIT: With #2 this will make it easier to get people up to do kill deeds and such. Now the issue is when people are trying to get a group for a deed it's hard because either someone doesn't need that deed or already has done it. This way all that is no longer an issue.
    Answer to your first idea it would be ok to Answer your second idea you just explained how to use turbine points which are given off almost every deed in the game other than that and this idea it is ok and to Answer your third idea crafting has guilds that make certain things for legendary items that give you will and fate and vitality and so on this idea it is ok. and to be realistic the realistic Answer to all of your ideas in general is I don't see any of these ideas happening/being made because they are making money off people buying virtues why would turbine take money out of their pockets to make something that would stop some of the money that is coming into their pockets.
    Last edited by Zepherzaper; Sep 02 2013 at 03:47 PM.

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Quote Originally Posted by Zepherzaper View Post
    to your first idea it would be ok to your second you just explained how to use turbine points in the game and to your third idea I don't see this happening because they are making money off people buying vertues why would they take money out of there pockets to stop money coming into there pockets
    Not many people buy them from the store anyways, as they are to expensive. As for getting his hand out of their pocket, you tend to do that a lot with your posts as well.
    Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy
    Took me a few years, but I renewed my signature :)

If Turbine did implement Virtue Scrolls, the mats would probably be LotRO Store items only, or gated behind LotRO Store purchaseable content. Same kind of thing with the recipes for them.

Quote Originally Posted by robbie1435 View Post
    Not many people buy them from the store anyways, as they are to expensive. As for getting his hand out of their pocket, you tend to do that a lot with your posts as well.
    Ya well My ideas and things to the game yes but they all I can see as lotro getting money off them somehow in the end as well as helping people. this guys ideas not only take the money out of lotro's pockets it takes and prevents some of the money they are getting.

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Quote Originally Posted by Zepherzaper View Post
    Ya well My ideas and things to the game yes but they all I can see as lotro getting money off them somehow in the end as well as helping people. this guys ideas not only take the money out of lotro's pockets it takes and prevents some of the money they are getting.
    Not really... Virtue scrolls are hardly ever bought by people... This is actually a good idea...

I HATE grinding my virtues.
    Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy
    Took me a few years, but I renewed my signature :)

It really depends largely on how they are implemented. I can see all kinds of things being gated behind LotRO store purchases, just like many of the deeds are gated behind purchasing the regions they are in (or, in some cases, the instance clusters/expansions.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2