We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Supreme Essences and T2 loot

The biggest problem with group content in my opinion is a poor loot system. There is absolutely no reason to run T2C instances when T1 gives the same loot for much less effort. Turbine is taking FAs out of OD t1 tomorrow but that is still a band aid fix that will get people spamming some other instance like BG or spammy for their FAs.

In order to fix this issue across the board, I would recommend adding Supreme Essences to T2 and T2C chests to promote hem to be run. Also, each instance would drop different types of essences based off of difficulty. For example, a T2 Spambrog would drop 1 supreme essence whil sari Surma T2 drops 3. Giving equal reason to run both instances.
    Withywindle characters-Caesaran (warden), Dernudan (Lore master)
    Brandywine characters- Dernudan (champion), Denthur (guardian), Delphinianic(captain)

Great idea.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Why do people keep thinking there is something like a T2 Spambrog...
    Spambrog only has 1 tier, and that's just T1. Since it's the only tier it also has a challenge chest, but that doesn't make it worth the good loot...

Also.. 3 gold essences in 1 run might be a bit too much, even 1 every run would be too much. Gold should be rare, it should take months to get a full set of gold gear. Teal essences should be less rare, and missing out on the gold versions isn't a huge difference. Of course the relic-like replacement system should be implemented as well.
    ~Dwarrowdelf (Bomb Squad)~
    Freeps: Vulcwen (R8 LM), Vulciel (lvl 100 RK), and some lower level alts.. Creep: Shadowweb (R6 spider)
    My ideas on how LM should be: [url=https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?543323-LM-revamp-reconsidered]LM Revamp reconsidered[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcwen View Post
    Why do people keep thinking there is something like a T2 Spambrog...
    Spambrog only has 1 tier, and that's just T1. Since it's the only tier it also has a challenge chest, but that doesn't make it worth the good loot...

Also.. 3 gold essences in 1 run might be a bit too much, even 1 every run would be too much. Gold should be rare, it should take months to get a full set of gold gear. Teal essences should be less rare, and missing out on the gold versions isn't a huge difference. Of course the relic-like replacement system should be implemented as well.
    Assumptions,

As to three being to much, I disagree. I do not think that this should be a huge grind, and three essences per run on the hardest instances would leave a person getting an essence every 2 runs, including unwanted essences. It would still take a lengthy time to fill up all of the esence slots+LIs+jewelry.
    Withywindle characters-Caesaran (warden), Dernudan (Lore master)
    Brandywine characters- Dernudan (champion), Denthur (guardian), Delphinianic(captain)

I already made this suggestion some time ago: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...rom-T2C-chests.
    Feailuve - Akabath
    [EN]Evernight

The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Dernudan View Post
    The biggest problem with group content in my opinion is a poor loot system. There is absolutely no reason to run T2C instances when T1 gives the same loot for much less effort. Turbine is taking FAs out of OD t1 tomorrow but that is still a band aid fix that will get people spamming some other instance like BG or spammy for their FAs.

In order to fix this issue across the board, I would recommend adding Supreme Essences to T2 and T2C chests to promote hem to be run. Also, each instance would drop different types of essences based off of difficulty. For example, a T2 Spambrog would drop 1 supreme essence whil sari Surma T2 drops 3. Giving equal reason to run both instances.
    I am presuming that FA's will be missing from all T1's when we get back in game, not just OD. And now, there is absolutely no reason for anyone to run T1. They may as well remove it from the instance menu.

Those that have the time, ability and suitable circumstances will run T2. Those that don't have the time, ability and suitable circumstances (eg probably not many Mother's with kids around can commit 2, maybe 3 hours to sitting at a PC without being able to leave, or kids who's mothers can call them away at any moment), will just play the grind for nothing game until they get bored and log off for a long time.

People call for more raids, new raids, more grouping content. Then they call for loot to be restricted to only the most difficult or time consuming. The result is cutting the raid community by at least half. I would have thought to get more raids, we need a lot more people raiding - not less people raiding.

But there we go, many players saw this coming. Its a pattern that even the newest of players see quite early. I was hoping to see a break in the pattern this time, but it seems nothing has changed.

There is a bright side though As I only have time to do T2 raids very rarely, it is unlikely I will get any FA's for this level cap, and as I do not waste money on legendary upgrades from the store on Second age items (much the same as many others I play with don't buy upgrades for SA's either), I'm going to save a fortune
    Apes are superior to man in this . . . . When a monkey looks in a mirror, he sees a monkey

Turbine has forsaken the itemization, in particular for end-game.
    Huge mistake.

e.g., I like my Hunter, but after having farmed the boring BBs (several ones semi-AFK when you're R6) for Morale essences for my Guardian, I certainly won't farm them again for Supreme PM essences.
    Then I've let aside my Hunter, and many people who don't want to farm BBs for their main character are quitting the game...

I really don't see why they don't want to add Supreme Essences on T2 instances and rework the loot tables for both T1 & T2
    Last edited by Castorix; Aug 09 2015 at 07:53 AM.