We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Follow target, broken now

Nice update, rubberbanding issues on mounted combat were not fixed, and now face a rubberbanding off into the distance problem when trying to follow a mob, great update turbine. /sarcasm off

Autorun and Spur On are broken as well. When autorun is on, Spur On never triggers when a skill is selected. I just keep on going and never turn back to the target as it should.

Unfortunately, this is also happening for me: Follow is not working at all. The horse is moving very slowly towards the target for some time and then speeds up in a straight line and never stops. Also the automatic approach to a static target ends in overshooting each time, this never happened before the patch.

But I have to admit, that the movement of the war-steed feels much better now. More momentum and much less rubber banding. I can now use the steed within cities (Snowburn, for example).
    Thanks for that. :-)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1e21d0000000a8450/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Thumbs down The worst idea ever mounted combat broken.

IF I SAID WHAT I THINK OF THIS "ENHANCEMENT " I WOULD BE BANNED, SO i'LL LEAVE IT AT THIS...

WTFF WAS TURBINE THINKING ?

i WILL FILE BUG REPORT EVERY DAY UNTILL THIS PIECE OF C%^P IS RETURNED.

Whoa calm down there, if enough people report that there is this bug then a hotfix may be on the horizon. As of now I see only those in here, myself included as having this issue with Spur On not functioning as it should.

Add my name to the list. I use Spur On with my Guardian. Now I just continue on into the sunset unless I stop, turn around, point my horse at the target and initiate another attack. Makes mounted combat impossible. /follow also does the same thing. And once I overshoot my target I can not turn until I come to a complete stop. This is a Major Break. I also filed a ticket but got squat back for a reply. They have to know by now. Do they Ever game test this stuff before release?

As Madmanthief suggested, we should all file a bug report AND post here. Best hope for a quick fix.

Same thing happened to me and one of my team mates last night. As soon as Spur On was activated and the next skill was hit, the war steed shot up at an amazing speed and was halfway across the landscape, nowhere near the mob we were killing. I tried experimenting with it after that as a means to travel quickly, but you have to be in combat, use a skill and then it is really unpredictable which direction you will end up traveling.

The /follow not working is just a huge annoyance for healers who followed on dps for raid war bands. If the landscape was not so laggy, (and whatever fix that was implemented yesterday had actually worked to take away the lag of the new zone), then I could see healers being able to change stances, while healing the raid war bands, and navigating the terrain at the same time. Add in the lag that is still evidently there, and it's almost impossible now without the /follow. Add in the fact that Spur-On is now broken, and you end up with half your raid not getting kill credit on war bands, cause they're halfway across the zone.

The exact same thing has been happening to me.

I've also encountered "General Error 0x100005C3" while attempting to use a mounted combat skill. Time to submit a support ticket.

Same Here

Hi all - same issue here - have reported the bug so hopefully weight of bug reports will help get a fix.

A little kindness goes a long way

Yes, Follow on horseback appears to be broken. Same thing happened to me and my kinnies Tuesday. One of our plays especially depends on follow for mounted combat and his steed took off at high speed until he was off the radar and he could not stop it until he went from Cliving to Ethengels. It happened to me, too, but I was able to finally stop mine when he'd gone half that distance.

However, the rubber-banding outside of towns is 100% improved.

I play at DX 11 very high resolution and prior to the fix, I could barely play mounted combat unless I followed someone else or the target. Now, I'm free to ride around and attack without worrying I'd be sling-shotted ahead or behind.

I notice some people here write with venom. Is that really necessary? Don't you think the Turbine people are doing their best to make this the world's best mmo? It's fine to state your problems or opinions, but does it have to be with an attitude that someone deliberately broke something just to tick you off?

I don't think it is impossible for human beings to be kind to one another, and I just wish there was more of it here on the boards. I try not to visit, unless I have an issue I'm trying to solve, mainly because there appear to be a lot of rage-filled writers who seem to hate just about everybody and everything. A little intelligent thought would lead to the natural conclusion that Turbine is a wonderful company trying their best to make us all happy. They're in business to provide this service for us, and I am grateful for them and this wonderful game.
    Last edited by Kazren; Aug 29 2013 at 02:56 PM.
    Kazren Altaholic Extrodinaire
    10 Level 100 Characters, : 20 Westement Level Crafters/Guild Masters, Colonies on Elendilmir, Landroval, Crickhollow and Brandywine

I hope this is resolved soon. I was a big user of /follow. This broken follow isn't that bad though. I now use it as a super sprint. Just point my steed where I want to go, target some nearby critter and use /follow then BOOM. My heavy steed takes off in hyperdrive. It even steers around trees on its own

I have 4 level 85 characters and have always enjoyed mounted combat the best. Unfortunately, I am now playing a level 79 guardian and, without spur on, she is pretty useless on the battlefield. Even with spur on, she is fairly pathetic on a warsteed, compared to my other characters. But I still enjoy playing her and would like to get the most out of my play time while leveling her. Please fix the spur on bug Turbine. I filed a report soon after the patch.

The broken /follow command is also affecting the ability to target a resource node and automatically move to that node and harvest it.

If you are facing straight toward the node (it is directly in front of you) the War Steed will move to the node and allow you to harvest.
    The movement is either very slow or very fast depending on how far away from the node you are.

If you are slightly turned away from the node your War Steed kind of zig zags very slowly toward the node.
    Sometimes it never reaches the node due to this zig zagging effect.

If the node is behind you the War Steed takes off at full speed straight ahead running away from the node.
    This will continue without stop unless you run into something or you stop the War Steed.

Please fix this behavior as it negatively affects the PVE part of the game of harvesting resource nodes!
    Last edited by Grhysli; Sep 05 2013 at 06:43 PM.
    [IMG]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-OOGLYqiRemk/U2TxWOwnO6I/AAAAAAAACSE/bk3MyjILFJ0/w350-h120-no/LOTRO+Forums+Sig.jpg[/IMG]

Fat, Fuzzy, & Disabled............life doesn't get any better!
    Kinship: Roxxi Manor

Quote Originally Posted by jerhynn View Post
    IF I SAID WHAT I THINK OF THIS "ENHANCEMENT " I WOULD BE BANNED, SO i'LL LEAVE IT AT THIS...

WTFF WAS TURBINE THINKING ?

i WILL FILE BUG REPORT EVERY DAY UNTILL THIS PIECE OF C%^P IS RETURNED.
    Filed an in game bug report, GMs reply was that this was a 'technical issue' that should be filed with the support department, go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by PikeRanger View Post
    Autorun and Spur On are broken as well. When autorun is on, Spur On never triggers when a skill is selected. I just keep on going and never turn back to the target as it should.
    Same problem, in my opinion Spur On is a mounted combat skill, and I do not see why filing a bug report within the game about a skill that is broken should be referred to another department.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLotroFan View Post
    I hope this is resolved soon. I was a big user of /follow. This broken follow isn't that bad though. I now use it as a super sprint. Just point my steed where I want to go, target some nearby critter and use /follow then BOOM. My heavy steed takes off in hyperdrive. It even steers around trees on its own
    I agree, like your character name I am a big lotro fan as well, but I am decidedly unhappy with the 'enhancements' they just came up with. The /follow command always was a boon for me, and being able to have the mount steer around trees on its own an added bonus. As far as I am concerned, the sale of Riders of Rohan is centered around mounted combat which in its current iteration is untenable and utterly broken. I tried doing Conag over the weekend, instinctively hit the /follow command which I have hotkey mapped and ended up rubberbanding to...

Cliving.

I was not, and am not amused, and do hope they undo this 'enhancement'.
    Last edited by PhilNorv; Sep 02 2013 at 03:26 AM.

I had taken a couple weeks off from playing and now I got on today and I have the same issue with the spur on not working for me. I use this feature a lot to make mounted combat at least easier for me to do with hopefully this gets fixed soon.

Me too... have been working exclusively on getting my Hunter up to war steed level (about a week). I feel slightly bitter errr better (both I guess) to find that others had the same problem. I was concerned that it was a Hunter feature that was working as intended. Off to submit a bug report.
    [FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=3][COLOR=slategray]Diogenes of Gladden[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=royalblue]Founder of Synergy: Keeping Middle Earth Safe one Orc at a Time![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

oh i am sssssssssoooooo glad it is not just me having major problem with follow.It is so fustrating cos i am a champ and i need that skill to kill mobs but i end up a million miles away fromt he target and i havew sent loads of bug reports but still no hot fix.
    Why oh why i let myself love this game when no devs respond to my bug reports when also it is not just me please please please turbine sort it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Diogenes2 View Post
    Me too... have been working exclusively on getting my Hunter up to war steed level (about a week). I feel slightly bitter errr better (both I guess) to find that others had the same problem. I was concerned that it was a Hunter feature that was working as intended. Off to submit a bug report.
    I tried submitting a bug report in game (/follow command not working in-game) on the day of the update itself, and was met with the response that I had to file a separate report out of game with the lotro support site as this was a technical problem out of their purview; which led me to assume that it was an isolated incident. I do hope other players have had more luck getting this issue to their attention. My best guess is that the collision coding for the /follow command and Spur On skill are identical.

I had always found mounted combat fun, and looked forward to it when I was leveling my burg. This update and it's mounted combat 'fix' has swung my opinion the other way. I really hope they will at least acknowledge that Spur On is currently broken and provide a timeline for fixing it.

Unhappy Same Problems Here

I am having all the same problems, and submitted bug reports. I hope these problems are fixed soon. After an awful time learning to use my warsteed, I came to love it. But now, with the spur-on, auto-target, and /follow bugs, it's almost impossible to enjoy it.