Suggestion for New Legendary System
A new Legendary Item System: (Not sure if this has been suggested before)
Everyone gets a new Legendary item as normal when they go to do the Quest for Moria. This will be the one they keep from here on out through the game and it is modified as follows.
Legendary Weapon (level 50)[starting weapon]
- Every level of the weapon (useable level) is increased by Skirmish Marks and can not advance higher than the current level of the character. It works at the same cost rate as a Skirmish Solder Leveling. (This allows keeping the weapon you like)
- Every legacy can be purchased as with skirmish soldier skills by marks and medallions. There would be a large list of all weapon and legacies and all would start as tier 1 and could be leveled to tier 6 for each legacy. This could be done by marks+medallions 1000 marks+50 medallions per tier per legacy (or by Turbine points with a level tier option). This would give the option for Free to Play players to level weapon tiers with or without the store and for those who don't want the grind can use the store and pts.
- Every age of the weapon can be increased on the weapon.
- To increase the weapon/item to a second age it would require 1000 seals (or the same amount of medallions that would need to convert from 1000 seals with mark exchange [this would have to be added as there is not an exchange for that at this time)
- To increase the weapon/item to a first age would require 1000 seals and there would be no mark or medallion option. (The skirmish traders would have an exchange rate for medallions to seals)
Doing weapons this way would allow for cosmetic appearances to be equipped for the weapon as they are purchased by marks, customization of the abilities of weapons/items by purchasing the abilities in the skirmish trainer. Make every weapon more of a Legendary that stays with you through the game and becomes stronger as you level.
Everyone can level up their weapons/items but raiders and group players will be able to level faster on the weapons as they are able to gain seals. Still solo players can gain Medallions to level the age of weapon/items as well though slower progression. In addition, Turbine can still gain money in the store from Skirmish mark bonus book sales, Level tier sales, and item appearance sale.
Example starter weapon
Captain Weapon 3rd age 2 hand sword level 50 useable
- Legacies would be empty and would be able to be added as purchased in marks from the skirmish trainer for the weapon an slotted.
- Weapon damage rating could be increased as you level but would be at max rating for the item by level/ age of the weapon. (Though Star-lit crystals could be added for an extra increase, but would only last for 10 levels before needing to be replaced)
- Appearance of the weapon would be a standard appearance but would be able to change with purchase of item cosmetics from skirmish marks and slotted on the weapon.
- All weapons would start with Common Damage type and other types could be purchased by marks (or LOTRO Store).
- Relics would still be needed and could be equipped (They couldn't be gained from weapon decon but rather by gaining relics from skirmishes and instances. You would be combining them as normal)
- Legacies could be swapped by skirmish trainer as they are slotted like the skirmish soldiers but would cost marks to do each time they are swapped. This would slowdown those would would quick swap all the time.
- Weapon naming would be able to be done at a skirmish mark cost every 10 levels.
- Weapons would not level by xp as normal as they level by marks (So there would not be a level 50 useable weapon that is level 60. Just would be a level 50 weapon)
Please let me know what you think. Does this seem like a good way to go with Legendary weapons/items?
Last edited by adamantiumdragon; Aug 26 2013 at 12:52 PM.
“I can avoid being seen if I wish, but to disappear entirely, that is a rare gift.”