We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

CPT or BURG 85+ Please help me decide.

Right now I have a 62 Burg and 60 Cpt. I don't have time to invest in both so i'm at a crossroad. I love playing both classes, each have their own advantages over the other.

My only real concern is being wanted/needed when I reach 85. From what I understand, only 1 CPT is needed in a raid where as multiple Burgs stack fairly well.

Could anyone that plays a Burg or CPT end game please chime in with your opinion.

Thanks!

In my opinion, get one to 85 then the other, do dailies, then alt to get your other character up to 85. Just a suggestion. Whichever class YOU feel is funner to play/easier, go with. I know CPT's aren't the easiest but neither are burgs. It's a tough choice man. But still, easier, funner, and if they aren't in the same kinship, has a larger kin that's active with high level characters (just for help if you get confused.)

Quote Originally Posted by scottypimpin View Post

My only real concern is being wanted/needed when I reach 85. From what I understand, only 1 CPT is needed in a raid where as multiple Burgs stack fairly well.
    +JWB recently came out in a 20 questions and answers and stated that raids were designed to have 2 captains.

I have a level capped burglar, and a L49 captain, and right now burglars are particularly useless with the nature of 2 of the 3 recently released raids.

Captains on the other hand, bring the special epicness to every group they're in, and you're not really losing out until you get to a 4th captain per fellowship with all their different banners and buffs =)
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by scottypimpin View Post
    Right now I have a 62 Burg and 60 Cpt. I don't have time to invest in both so i'm at a crossroad. I love playing both classes, each have their own advantages over the other.

Could anyone that plays a Burg or CPT end game please chime in with your opinion.

Thanks!
    Burglars are in a really bad place right now as far as group content goes. Hopefully the class revamp will sort it out. That or we get instances that requires debuff, cc and precise single target dps over AoE-zerging.

The Burglar stacking only involved one raid and I doubt you want to run BfE T1 for the rest of your RoR-life. Its not that much fun.

Go with Captain. Its really easy getting into raids as a cappy. Tank, cappy and healer are always the last spots being shouted for. Its easy getting into fellowships as well, if you main heal. A lot easier than being a main healing RK/mini. Again, hope the revamp sorts that out, because I prefer playing my mini in fellowships, but my cappy is more effective due to easy content and loads of trash mobs for responses.

My most needed class overall is probably my LM though. We all need antistun and lagging flames for AoE-zerging, it seems. Burglars really need something similar (like antistun) a skill that makes them viable in every instance.

My main was a Burglar until the RoR instance cluster arrived.
    I have to agree, Burglars aren't required for any Erebor group content. CC and debuffing is basically covered by Loremasters you need for stun protection anyway, and apart from that, Burglars are just squishy melee fighters limited to single-target DPS.

Well, thinking of it, melee DPS classes generally have serious disadvantages in two of the three Erebor raids, so even Champions are replaceable...

And since nobody really seems to need Burglars anymore, my new main is *drumroll* a Captain, and I don't regret the switch at all.

I decided to stick with the Burg and here's why.

The Burg is my first character and it's the class/role I enjoy playing the most. With the new expansion coming and class revamp I'm crossing my fingers and hoping the class gets fixed.

Hi,

I faced the same choice a few weeks back with my mid 40s captain and burglar. I would go with the class that provides the most fun and entertainment. I personally prefer a class that is slightly off the beaten path, and will always be immensely entertained by the versatility of the burglar class. In no order of preference:
    1. Burgling an orc, then clubbing it to death;
    2. Hobbit burglar base jumping off cliffs, waterfalls, bridges, towers, weathertop, and any deep dark looking hole;
    3. Ride by Uruk-hai muggings;
    4. Hide in plain sight;

I could not care less if the burglar is not in high demand in end game content either, and do agree with the previous posters, that end game 12 mans are pretty much designed with a minimum of 1-2 captains in mind. I have had a lot of fun working on my burglar, and will always be entertained by the bag of tricksies this (burglar) class has to offer.