We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: QtWebkit4.dll

QtWebkit4.dll

Lotro works fine until update 11.3. After patching, turbinelauncher.exe does not start with "QtWebKit4.dll is missing"-message! Any suggestions?

Regards, Andreas

I am getting the same warning message

same here, seems i have to reinstall... 11 hours of downloading -.-

Last time i've had that kinda file bugging, it was because of microsoft visual c++.
    I suggest to scroll through the forums first, before going into Full reinstall.

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Could you list your OS?

Also, you can try this:

Copy
    <gamefolder>\resources\backups \qtwebkit4.dll to <gamefolder> and restart the launcher.

Where <gamefolder> is where you currently have LOTRO installed.

Let me know if this fixes it, please.

WIN 7 64Bit...

Coyping the file didn't fix it for me, downloading it again now... let's see if it works in... approximately 10 hours

Quote Originally Posted by Eondoras View Post
    WIN 7 64Bit...

Coyping the file didn't fix it for me, downloading it again now... let's see if it works in... approximately 10 hours
    Same. Redownloading.
    [b]Lythiea of Dwarrowdelf[/b], Member of [url=http://dd-asylum.info][b]Asylum[/b][/url] - R8 85 RK
    [b]Alts:[/b] Selenicereus, 85 guard, Castria, 85 cap, Fiordiligi, 82 LM, Minilyth, 75 mini, and Lythfiler, r6 filer.

Had a similar problem... (OS is Win 8.1)

After the first update-step (patching TurbineLauncher), my desktop link pointed to <gamefolder>\resources\backup\ TurbineLauncher.exe and gave me the error:
    "Failed to load configuration from <gamefolder>\Resources\backup\ TurbineLauncher.exe.config!"

I checked the <gamefolder> and there was no "TurbineLauncher.exe" anymore.

So I copied "TurbineLauncher.exe" and "patchclient.dll" (which was also missing and gave another error at first) from the <gamefolder>\Resources\backu p\ directory back to <gamefolder> and restarted the Launcher. Patching continued and all went ok.

Maybe this solution helps others as well...

WIN 7 64Bit...

At the time of your post, the servers were not supposed to be up yet. It is possible that by trying to patch while things are down you got either an old version of a file or missed a file or some sort. IDK what time zone you're in, but remember that the times Turbine lists for servers being down are always Eastern.

Hope you're in game now!

I had the same problem. I thought it was my Comodo Firewall that messed it up, as it wouldn't be the first time it messed up an update. Tried to fix it, didn't work, so now I'm redownloading! Taking it through Steam this time, as they manage to update without messing things up (mostly) and Comodo leaves Steam alone..

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindelorn View Post

After the first update-step (patching TurbineLauncher), my desktop link pointed to <gamefolder>\resources\backup\ TurbineLauncher.exe and gave me the error:
    "Failed to load configuration from <gamefolder>\Resources\backup\ TurbineLauncher.exe.config!"

So I copied "TurbineLauncher.exe" and "patchclient.dll" (which was also missing and gave another error at first) from the <gamefolder>\Resources\backu p\ directory back to <gamefolder> and restarted the Launcher. Patching continued and all went ok.

Reposting this in case it helps others.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Could you list your OS?

Also, you can try this:

Copy
    <gamefolder>\resources\backups \qtwebkit4.dll to <gamefolder> and restart the launcher.

Fixed it for me... in addition to qtgui4.dll and patchclient.dll

edit - OS is win8.1 preview, didn't actually install in this OS, it was installed to a secondary drive a long time ago. just running the launcher has always worked fine when reinstalling the OS.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/062050000000478c3/signature.png]Grinz[/charsig]

WIN 7 64Bit...

You guys are lucky, I can't even get the download to work. It keeps dropping out, probably because everyone else is re installing too.

Also fixed it for me. Running the same OS.

Quote Originally Posted by BlancoFallowhide View Post
    At the time of your post, the servers were not supposed to be up yet. It is possible that by trying to patch while things are down you got either an old version of a file or missed a file or some sort. IDK what time zone you're in, but remember that the times Turbine lists for servers being down are always Eastern.

Hope you're in game now!
    Patching always worked for me as soon as the launcher would do it (most of the times about 30-60 mins before the game servers went live again), this is the first time it screwed up. It's not that i am desperate to get into the game (well, not too desperate xD), i have no problem redownloading, especiall not overnight when im sleeping

4 Wending Way, Clodhollow Neighborhood in the Shire Homesteads
    I had to patch the game with ALL back up .dll files and the TurbineLauncher.exe. I was getting the Error 205. Something went real screwy with this patch.

Glad I found this thread.

I had the same problem, I did what Sapience recommended, I copied ALL of the files from my backup folder and overwrote the ones in my game folder, it is now updating and proceeding like normal.

Thanks!
    [center]Irin r8 Hunter // Arngar r8 Burg // [b][color=red]Akthuri r15 LM[/color][/b] // Vishus r5 Captain[/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Faildget View Post
    Last time i've had that kinda file bugging, it was because of microsoft visual c++.
    I suggest to scroll through the forums first, before going into Full reinstall.
    sorry, form bug, want to answer to another post..

Could you list your OS?

Also, you can try this:

Copy

It works for me, thanks, but there were much more dlls missing. After all, i find them...

Also fixed my issue, but on Win7

I did what Sapience recommended in this thread:

Copy
    <gamefolder>\resources\backu ps \qtwebkit4.dll to <gamefolder> and restart the launcher.

After doing this, it worked. Thanks

Could you list your OS?

Also, you can try this:

Copy

so i should do this for windows 7 and where should i type all this?

Quote Originally Posted by Erizan View Post
    so i should do this for windows 7 and where should i type all this?
    Just by Drag&Drop or in a Console Windows (cmd.exe)
    But if the 2 files are identical, it will be useless...