We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Problem with signature adjustment

Hi all,

I tried to adjust my signature today. My current signature is:
    http://lotroadventures.wordpress.com/ for deed information, crafting guides and more
    Sheherezi's an Eastemnet Cook & Farmer
    All other characters are being worked on!

These are exactly 4 lines. The link is automatically embedded, can't influence that... Now I tried to adjust my signature to this:
    http://wp.me/P1CVWf-lG for Player created guides backups, deed information, crafting guides and more
    All other characters are being worked on!

But this is not accepted! I keep getting the message:
    Your signature contains too many lines and must be shortened. You may only have up to 4 line(s). Long text may have been implicitly wrapped, causing it to be counted as multiple lines.
    Like you see, the signature still has 4 lines, the link is shorter. I only added a little bit more text. So... apparently it's got nothing to do with the amount of lines but everything with the amount of characters the signatures contains. But what on earth is the amount of characters I CAN have in my signature?

This new signature has 274 characters (including spaces), if I counted correctly. The old signature has 273 including spaces. Is that the limit? Or is it the length of the first line? Or is it something else?
    Country: Netherlands, Current Server: Nimrodel. Future server: Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Shriya View Post
    But this is not accepted! I keep getting the message:
    Your signature contains too many lines and must be shortened. You may only have up to 4 line(s). Long text may have been implicitly wrapped, causing it to be counted as multiple lines.
    Or is it the length of the first line? Or is it something else?
    I've marked some text. What do you think?

Try to remove the last line from your new sig and test if it will accept the longer first line then.
    Wer Hilfe will, muss Informationen liefern.
    >> Lotro World transfer status <<

Thanks for the help :)

Hmmm.. So... Basically the first line became too long I guess? I've removed the last line and now the signature is accepted. But since the first line was actually a bit longer than the old first line I'm guessing it's actually a problem of the length, like you marked: Long text may have been implicitly wrapped, causing it to be counted as multiple lines.

Which brings me to the question: when is a text too long for the signature?

But I guess that's not really important
    Country: Netherlands, Current Server: Nimrodel. Future server: Landroval