We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

After Class Revamp / Skill Trees Will Our LI's Require Changing Legacies?

Man I was just thinking about this and it hit me that it could be very time-consuming and costly to have to redesign all my legendaries from the ground up.

I hope this won't be the case but have a strong feeling it will be

As you will level to 95... you will have to change your LI anyway.

But true, there will be some change I believe.

Q16: medwulf: will the class changes affect LI's and Legacies at all? #LOTRO
    A16: HoarseDev: Ugh, we have a lot of updating to do. #LOTRO
    I think thats a yes.

expect some armor set bonuses to change too (that would otherwise be broken if skills are no longer around). which might include ettenmoor sets and relics too.

some class quests that require certain skills (intro quests).

and probably our deeds might get changed. ofc, whatever you have completed will stay completed, but with skills being taken out and new skills comeing in, they may change them if some get broken. high level chars won't notice, new chars will.
    [CENTER][URL=http://s739.photobucket.com/user/bubushum/media/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png.html][IMG]http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx38/bubushum/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by bohbashum View Post
    I think thats a yes.

expect some armor set bonuses to change too (that would otherwise be broken if skills are no longer around). which might include ettenmoor sets and relics too.

some class quests that require certain skills (intro quests).

and probably our deeds might get changed. ofc, whatever you have completed will stay completed, but with skills being taken out and new skills comeing in, they may change them if some get broken. high level chars won't notice, new chars will.
    Still sets level 25 50 65 and 75 remain with the same stats that were relevant to the time these sets were introduced =) The skills may change on sets - but don't bet on skills on sets changing to become logical for the new game version classes.

Will be fun to see the change either way even if it feels a bit random

Since they've said they want all skills to have short cooldowns, any legacies relating to shortening cooldowns will probably be moot then.

Since some skills are going away and new skills being created, I'd expect many legacies to go away and new ones come in their place.

I'd also expect them to miss several and have changes down the road that will be time consuming/painful to work around. If like most people, you have legacies pulled off trash 85 LIs vaulted in preparation for 95 LIs, I expect a lot of that work will be for naught.

If skill trees do end up limiting the class roles as expected, legacies will likely match.

Resources that will still probably have value will be relics, shards, and perhaps those non-level restricted star-lit crystals.

It will suck if all the percentage based legacies go away, for classes that need swap items and could use lower level items. It will be nice if swap items and buffsticks become moot.

It'll be a bummer for the classes that currently have little to no use for star-lits if they become necessary for them too.
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm