We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Lightbulb Improving Windfola PvMP

I noticed there are a lot of people unhappy with Windy PvMP and that are ready to transfer out to other servers.
    I was hoping some of the legendary old-school creeps and freeps could offer some suggestions to help keep the server alive. Any thoughts about how to keep the game fun and entertaining for the noobs would be greatly appreciated.
    Please feel free post any of your ideas.

PS- I know I'll probably have to start a new thread after this one gets more flaming than Liberace on crystal meth.
    Creeps: Rahukal (BA), Jvarasura (Defiler), Gaki (Warg), Nirriti & DCI Tennison (Weaver and broodling), Yatana (WL), Krodha (Reaver)
    Freep: Duinlinnod (Guard)

The first step would be to encourage more people to play. Set up and lead newbie raids, on both sides to show new people what it is like/where stuff is how to handle yourself. Much of the complaints are about how others play. You can't change that. You can, however, train new people to play well.

Next is to teach them how to play well. Get good players of every class who are willing to teach start teaching how to gear, trait, and fight. Otherwise you will have a bunch of new people who play like everyone does now.

Then start leading raids/small groups on both sides. A raid is pointless unless you can use it to do something. Same with grouping a lot of the time.

If this is too hard or you can't do this, the next best thing is to simply encourage good behaviour by example. Help out when someone call for goldie. Never whine or complain about how the fights are going. Never rez-camp on either side. Honour 1v1s. (Participating in them help you learn how to play your class a lot.) I do not have any high ranks, nor can I lead raids (I crash a lot), so I mostly just help out.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#00ff00]R6[/COLOR]-MIN Roscaron - [COLOR=#ffd700]Aragorn's Allies[/COLOR] - Officer
    [COLOR=#ff0000]R6[/COLOR]-DEF [COLOR=#ff0000]R6[/COLOR]-WRG [COLOR=#ff0000]R5[/COLOR]-BA [COLOR=#ff0000]R6[/COLOR]-WL [COLOR=#ff0000]R5[/COLOR]-RVR [COLOR=#ff0000]R5[/COLOR]-WVR - {Dead,Red,Bow,Boss,Blade,Web} meat
    [/CENTER]

Alright, 1 last attempt

I am going to be blunt, I'm transfering from Windfola, and am apart of that group of creeps that are, I said it, its whatever to me. I have been with this server for a very long time and love it very much, it holds a special place in my Reaver belly. I guess I am also now apart of the "old-creep" crowd. There has been so much change from what went on oh lets say 3 years ago. PvMP changed, they added the Delving, took away OPs, added in audacity, added in mastery at a point (can't remember), they buffed classes, they nerfed classes, they changed the portrait of BA's and WL's (Biggest change IMO), they added in rank improvement, improving your overall health and such, they MOVED ec and oc to idiotic places, they moved lugz and tr rez, they pushed up grams 1 shots, they took away stones from delving, they added commandations, and that is all I can think of at this present moment. Let's just say that a lot of things have changed.

I love this server, I have said this time, and time again. But I love it not for the PvMP. Frankly the pvp is mediocre at best now. It used to be awesome where at one point we had ~48v~48ish going head to head in different locations around the map. It was glourious, and on my not so great graphics, I lagged a storm. The PvP used to be awesome, but most people stuck around because of people, and those people are gone now. (I miss so many) I will say that I don't feel the same when I group with people now a days, or people invite me to a group, I feel no comraderie because of something that I wasn't here for (Chief and Revolting era comes to mind) and I believe that crushed the community. Community if anything else is what holds a server together and what makes people want to come out and play and fight and win. I believe we don't have that anymore.

This all leads up to one of my ideas. I of all people, am loyal, I know I say that as I am transfering off the server, but I've had a number of times to transfer away with others, and rathered stayed and be with the people who made this game fun. But I believe I am part of the problem now. We need a community, and I am from a broken and shattered community. I propose, and this is probably going to get backlashed to hell but oh wells. I propose a massive restructuring of the creepside community. I will use WARPATH as an example. WP, when it came into its own, everyone mocked them, I say this because it is true, everyone mocked them for being noobs and having bad tactics etc. (I am talking about the elite community that was there before WP came into being) Now WP is a great well organized tribe, I have my own comments about them but I indeed believe they have come a long way. And that is why I believe that there needs to be a reset. Disbanding of tribes, and creations of new ones, a seperation of the juggarnaut that WP has become into smaller organizations, and being run by the compatent leadership that I know exists. This goes for every tribe, I just use WP as an example as they are the biggest. That was my idea of Carpe Diem, to start fresh, to make new friends and meet new people. I believe that will make the community restart and grow again. And yes I know of the existance of a certain flair for your tribe (Shadow Fangs, vVv, TvT, I Hate Noobs, Legends Never Die, LoEC, Ferveo, etc.) I know this loyalty exists, but it needs to be put into the history books. We will remember those days, the days of vVv and UaO fighting, the days of Ane and Boogie trying to snipe their 5 Stars. The days where Shadow Fangs terrorized the freeps from the shadows, the rise and fall of Ferveo, the I help Noobs, I hate noobs schism etc. Remembering is the best part of anything. Let us start our community over, and then you might have a beginning of something.

As Drfacts has pointed out there is a extreme skill barrier between creeps and freeps. I believe that what he says in having someone teach them, would be effective, that is if they wish to learn. If they truely wish to learn, I would suggest soloing more and trying to find 1v1's. I believe you will learn your class a great deal more than if someone were to tell you a rotation. Of course both types would increase a persons proficiancy ten fold so both would be the prefered method. Also what he says about complaining is completely true. I have always been under the impression that "Freeps are OP" and I will argue that statement another day. But thats what makes me push more, knowing there OP and yet I can beat them and kill them, knowing that I might not kill them now, but if I do this or this, I could be that much closer. Creeps while don't have to go through the grind to get gear, need to learn their class extremely well in order to preform aducautely against any freep. But going back to the complaining...I have just gotten fed up with the WaterDin comments going through OOC. OKAY A FREAKIN GET THEY ARE GROUPED, WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO ABOUT IT?!?!?! It is completely pointless to talk about such a thing. Yes Waterdragon runs with Din almost religously, everyone knows it and everyone complains. It makes no sense to complain about it, it really dosesnt. If I could, I would always have a defiler duoing with me 24/7 if I enjoyed their company. Enough with pointing at players, let them play, gather some people to kill them, and its done. They are dead, they will come back, so kill them again. And if they come back, guess what, kill them, AGAIN. I am probably being hypocritical as I have probably called them out on it as well, but I need to stop that as it doesn't help anything to complain about something that you can't do nothing about. Stop with the complaining about rez camps, move the fight, you are able to do that. We have maps, go map out and move around the map (I'll address this in a min) just move from the rez, and force them to come to you, hell have a reaver bait them over the reaver and kill them a GTA idk, just do something. And if your outnumbered, well okay, I can understand rez camps, but the other side should split up and search the map for better fighting.

Okay since I've been talking about this for a bit. The Map. There is a reason its as big as it is. MOVE AROUND IT. Move solo, move in a small group, move in a 12 man, move in a raid, I don't care, just move around. That is the one thing that has killed me for Windfola, there were no fights going on simultaneously. Everyone was ethier at ec/rez or tr or grams. Same old same old. Change it up, people on both sides, take your group on a merry go round across the map, fight in the middle of bear valley if you have the balls. Be spontanous. That brings me to another thing that Drfacts mentioned and that I will enforce. Small grouping is probably the most awesome experience you can have. A raid is usually a big gaggleF of people against people. Usually who ever can burst down the other quicker (Raid fights are fun, just small group fights are funner) Roam around more in fellowship sized groups, find a fight thats not at ec, again concerning movement. Small group fights will increase the skill and participation from both sides.

Toward creepside, I will say there needs to be more veristility. I've said it so many times but I'll say it again, Reavers are awesome, yet I see very few reavers. More BA's if anything because of these changes. Play what you want but also dabble in other classes, get like Hood and have two r12's. Be veristile in your PvP. If there is a raid of BA's it will eventually get rolled and everyone will be like ### MAN WHAT HAPPENED WHERE WERE MY HEALS HOW DID THEY GET TO ME. It has happened. Be versitle, make a spider, see how good you can get at it. Make a defiler and see how hard a healers job is. Make a WL and try to bubble as many reavers you can, make a reaver and see how many flying devs' you can get, make a BA and see how many people you can knock down. Be veristile. (Reaver raid, think about it guys)

One last thing that I think would help bring more of a crowd, event oriented stuff. I tried this a little bit ago and I feel like it was a success. Post out on the the fourms and be like Delving Raiding, everyone group up at 6pm est into raids and then head into the delving and fight for your lives, no rez camping, just delving. Or do a Wargpack v Burg raid and see who wins. Or a Orc vs Dwarves isendeep raid. Or an all reaver raid. Just think about creative Ideas that would break from the norm and monantany of the ec/rez shuffle.

I've said a lot, and I know only .3% of you will read it, but really read it. Tell me your comments, if its ####, blah blah blah. Let's get this sorted out and maybe something productive will come out of this

With much respect,

Arga Lessthanthree
    [center][b][color=cornflowerblue]Commander Arga Lessthanthree, Battle-master[/color][/b]
    [b]Leader of [color=crimson]<Inglorious Rejects>[/color] of Windfola[/b]
    [b]"Follow the ****** [color=cyan]shield[/color]!"[/b][/center]

Not you too Arga. :'(

Before we start attempting to fix what is wrong with the server, we need to know what is wrong. A lot of it comes to what people are expecting to gain from playing pvp on Windfola. This will be a bit different for various people but here is how it started out for me :

1. Curiosity to know what is happening in the moors. This is what brought me to moors.

2. I was used to killing PVE mobs with ease and I was expecting something similar in moors. The reality turned out to be very different. Got destroyed by warg packs and creep groups and got frustrated about it.

3. Figured out that unless I knew what the creep skills are, I am not going to beat them. So rolled one of each creep class and checked out their skills. Understanding creep skills gave me a good idea of how to counter them.

4. Started winning a few fights and PvP became fun all of a sudden.

5. With more experience, realized that freeps are the stronger faction and that if I played right I will win more often than not. A few years went by and winning with a powerful class got boring. Thought of stopping pvp but realized that most of my friends in game are now those that play pvp rather than pve.

Since then what has kept me coming back to this game is the friends I made in game. This is where Arga hit the nail on the head. To have a good playing experience, you need a good community. You need friends in game. Most of those I started playing with have moved on to different servers or to different games. But I have been lucky to get more friends along the way. Since I started playing the game I have lived in 3 different countries. So the game mirrored what was happening in real life - new places, new friends, adaptation.

Each server has its own style of PvP. Some have a lot of people and constantly have raid vs raid fights. Some have few and fights are mostly focused in one area. So depending on what playstyle you prefer, some servers might be better than others. But that doesnt mean the action on our server is bad. It just means that it is different. Except for the few that continue to play, most of those that transferred off the server dont play the game anymore. So finding utopia by transferring to E or Brandywine is mostly a myth. You will probably enjoy the increased action for a while, but the action in the game is not good enough to keep people in game.

So that said, the question comes back to what can we do to improve the community so that more people enjoy pvp and more people continue to play it. Here are some of my suggestions :

1. Be respectful. Very few people play this game to prove their 'skills'. Most play it for a break from their busy lives. The last thing they could care about is how well their digital toons perform. So when someone starts ranting in OOC or GLFF about how 'unskilled' someone is, it just makes the community look stupid.

2. Adapt. Not everyone is going to play the game the way you want the game to be played. You might enjoy solo play and might find that the opposition is in a group with 5 healers and you have no chance. This is just reality. Anytime you have lots of people doing the same thing, you will find that there are a lot that behave very differently from the way you would like them to. It is because that is what they enjoy. They will most likely find your behaviour just as absurd. If the opposition is grouped, make a group yourself or join a group. If you dont want to group, then roam the map looking for a solo kill or log onto your freep and ask in glff is anyone wants to 1 v 1.

3. Stop whining. Got ganked by 6 wargs ? That happens. Got one shot by a hunter/RK ? That happens. Ran into somebody that is being healed by 3 people ? That happens too. You can't change it. Think about how best to counter it and do what is needed. Continuous whining in OOC or GLFF about how the opposition plays just breeds negativity and it isnt doing you any good either. Sh*t happens in life. Do what is needed to counter it and move on.

4. Encourage friends to try pvp so that we have a larger pvp community

5. Help those that are new. Everyone will take some time to get good at what they do. Pretty much everyone started out the same way. Encourage/help them rather than putting them down.
    Last edited by AceDwarf; Aug 26 2013 at 03:59 PM.
    Used to be known as Zedred - Runekeeper - Windfola

So hmm where to start. First I guess I want to say that I don't think the server is dying or even on its last leg. I have played in the moors for almost 2 years now and during that time I have seen lots of people transfer and leave and anytime a big name or a big kin name is attached to the transfer everyone worries and starts panicking, and every time the server is fine. Sometimes the transition isn't easy as some of the people who have left are missed terribly but always my fellow pvpers on this server carry on and keep up the fighting. One of the hardest lessons to learn when you are growing up is that the whole world does not revolve around you, the sun and the moon don't rise just for you, the birds don't sing a special song because you are in ear shot, and pvp on Windfola doesn't exist solely because a single person or group of people log on or not. I am not saying that those who leave won't be missed or even that it isn't a loss to have people going, I am just saying those who stay will in fact not implode and we will carry on with the good fight. I am certain that there are really good, talented freeps and creeps left on the server who are absolutely capable of stepping up and filling whatever role needs to be filled.

Perhaps today they are a beginner, nobody even knows who they are, but that is where everybody started, even the legends and most brilliant leaders on both sides were brand new once upon a time, and there is no reason to discount the new pvpers we have right now, with experience they have just as much a chance of being one of the server greats as anybody else.

To respond to Arga's comments about community that is in fact the most important part of Windfola's pvp. I can remember being an under level noob mini who even the king of WS MiniC would drop war speech to help me out when I was in big big BIG trouble, and was so over worked rezzing me. I cannot even begin to count the number of npc's freeps had to save me from after I naively charged in and pulled them. I can go on and on and name person after person after person with examples of freeps showing up and being the Calvary for the poor dumb noob mini, and they were always way to nice to call me that. I remember the fights in my very early days. I remember the creeps who could I swear make my mini explode by just looking in my general direction. And I remember being terrified of the spiders and wargs who would jump you scared and solo running back from the rez to the fight. I remember right after RoR when the freeps still needed gear and most weren't even playing int he moors yet and we would hobble together and group of maybe 6 which was all we could find and Adel would defiantly lead us into battle to put up the good fight even though we knew we were doomed.

I remember rolling my first creep and being nervous to introduce myself to the amazing creeps who killed me every day thinking that they would be mean and tell me I was terrible, but instead I was welcomed and greeted so warmly. Everyone I met on both sides went out of their way to make sure I was included, invited to raids if I wanted in, and were happy to give advice, no matter how unqualified I was at the time. And for me that spirit is why the moors have always been so special to me, and that is how I hope everyone feels.

As for advice on how to improve the moors, everything Arga and Zed said, they are way more wise, experienced, and talented than I am. We need respect, adaptability, and friendship.

Closing thoughts it is PvP some days you are the shark other days you are the bait ball, have fun with your friends and fellow creep/freeps and log off at the end of the night smiling and ready to play again tomorrow!
    First Marshal Dinarian

I have to agree with Arga..when I transferred my warg finally, it was not because of a question of loyalty, but of the quality of PvP. I had tried my best to keep groups going when we were outnumbered day in and day out. It got to the point where it just was not fun anymore and I did a lot more soloing and sought out 1v1s. I will miss the days of our old craids, but I am keeping my baby warg on here to help lead when I log on and also to help provide guidance if asked. I mainly do my own thing when I log on, unless I see the same old rez camp and then I will some times form groups. When that happens, I notice that more often then naught, the freeps will suddenly disappear after being rolled once in EC. However, as soon as we disband, suddenly freeps show up again. People will do as they will, I just log on to have fun and kill stuff either solo or grouped. I will miss Khronus, Arga and whoever else is transferring, but will try to keep the spirit alive and move fights to elsewhere on the map as we used to do before. I remember some epic battles by DG, grothum, OR, old LC hotspot, etc. I agree with Arga as well that the fights need to find more spontaneity, move around the map..EC and lug rez are not the only spots :-).

Cya in the moors (sporadically)
    -Felasbane (R12/brandy, R7/Windy)
    "Invader's blood marches through my veins like radioactive rubber pants! The pants command me, do not ignore my veins!"-Zim
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320601000009fb9e/signature.png]Felasbane[/charsig]

As most of you know, I have transferred to Elendilmir.

And honestly, it's a whole new game.
    I understand that the Windfola PvMP has improved in the past, month.

But it will never be what it used to be. And any other vets that read this will understand exactly what I mean. This server was once one of, if not the best PvMP server alive.
    I'm not going to get into details but those that matter will know what I mean.

My personal opinion would be transferring.
    If you have $25 spare dollars, you will not regret it, but if you are considering transferring.

I came to E for one reason, purely the 1v1s. If you are a big 1v1er, then I do recommend E, but otherwise I would do some research.
    Level a freep to 10, make a freaver, and speak to some people on the server.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0720601000012c07d/signature.png]Thrillkiller[/charsig]

FYI, there will always be an Arga on Windfola.
    [center][b][color=cornflowerblue]Commander Arga Lessthanthree, Battle-master[/color][/b]

if you think you want to transfer go roll a creep on the other servers and scout things out. Different servers have different vibes. For the record I miss Windy but the action just kept dying and dying and dying.....I really miss the amazing Khronus or Arga raids where we were usually outnumbered, out gunned, and out healed yet we kept slamming against the freep herds.....but in those days the freeps had some guts.

peace be unto the PROFIT

Frag

Quote Originally Posted by GloriusSlobber View Post
    if you think you want to transfer go roll a creep on the other servers and scout things out. Different servers have different vibes. For the record I miss Windy but the action just kept dying and dying and dying.....I really miss the amazing Khronus or Arga raids where we were usually outnumbered, out gunned, and out healed yet we kept slamming against the freep herds.....but in those days the freeps had some guts.

peace be unto the PROFIT

Frag
    Where did you xfer to Fragg? Just out of curiosity. I am thinking about xferring somewhere, maybe, but I want to see if windfola will get any better first with this whole new community stratagem. If this new idea fails, I MIGHT xfer, but I want to know if E is worth it or not. Or any other place is that different to windy itself.

Have a kitkat

I found myself getting frustrated creepside with a load of things and started to whine and cuss loads. Not good. But have had a break for around ten days and has left me eager to come back and do something about improving pvmp. Sounds like other people could do with a break just to detatch themselves from the game before maybe coming back with some new ideas, a more chilled out attitude etc
    Nyxbane (Catrat)- R11 BA- Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by Noldorlord777 View Post
    Where did you xfer to Fragg? Just out of curiosity. I am thinking about xferring somewhere, maybe, but I want to see if windfola will get any better first with this whole new community stratagem. If this new idea fails, I MIGHT xfer, but I want to know if E is worth it or not. Or any other place is that different to windy itself.
    Meneldor....in some ways better but in many ways not better....leveling is so easy now I'm not even sure transferring around makes sense. I ranked a spider to r9 in about a week or so. But even the action there got so lame I haven't creeped in months.

./gets popcorn!
    [center][URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/600/jcc4.png/][IMG]http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/9340/jcc4.png[/IMG][/URL][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by jfindlay View Post
    ./gets popcorn!
    What, you think you can just run off and get popcorn without bringing me some? I'm very disappointed in you, Fin...very disappointed.

And as to the rest of you getting popcorn and all! Forget the popcorn... go and blow off steam in the moors.

I would have to say both sides can do one simple thing to help with improving PvP on Windy.

Ask yourself this question "Would I be having any kind of fun being on the other side right now?" If not then do something to change it, if it means disbanding your raid then do so and break off in smaller groups. If it means moving the fight to a location thats not to your groups best interest then do so. Like Arga said there is a Huge map to fight on, use it!

I might even make a come back to help lead either raids or small groups to see if it helps any. But my hours have changed so it will be Sat-Mon nights into the morning hours. If some of you are game let me know and we'll see about changing things up with a rusty r11 BA.
    Wrok BA of Windfola

Quote Originally Posted by bugboy100 View Post
    A rank 0 freep comes out with raid armour and 40 skills and jewelry and all sorts of traits equipped and a nice, shiny legendary weapon. A creep has like 4 attack skills, march, no traits, an like..i think...no money. Cannot even buy a health pot. So it is harder from the start. And it is harder for the most part on up. I know, at least from my end, that relations in this game would be much better if this unbalanced situation was at least acknowledged. Those who pretend it is balanced, or there is no problem, or accuse folks making statements like me of QQing have some screws loose I believe.
    That r0 freep also had to work for a month to get to 85 and get those 'shiny' legendary weapons. Ranking up isnt hard anymore with the amount of infamy you can get especially with the mostly red maps. Just throwing it out there since it wouldn't be fair for someone to just go roll a brand spanking new creep and roll someone who has been working on there toon for a month +.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://oi57.tinypic.com/j923qx.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Eldurfang View Post
    That r0 freep also had to work for a month to get to 85 and get those 'shiny' legendary weapons. Ranking up isnt hard anymore with the amount of infamy you can get especially with the mostly red maps. Just throwing it out there since it wouldn't be fair for someone to just go roll a brand spanking new creep and roll someone who has been working on there toon for a month +.
    Mostly red? I mean...have you like, actually seen the map the last couple weeks? It's red for like, maybe a few hours in the morning when nobody is on, then gets pve'd blue during peak hours. Anyone who plays creepside at all can tell you that a great majority of the time, we have a 23% bonus, because Turbine went all out idiot and decided auto flips would be a grand addition. So, I agree, it is easier to get infamy than it used to be, but it's sure as heck nowhere near easy to rank a creep.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldurfang View Post
    Or they can just exploit an instance to level and bum their legendary weapons off of kinmates :P

Quote Originally Posted by RodhinKinning View Post
    I would have to say both sides can do one simple thing to help with improving PvP on Windy.

Ask yourself this question "Would I be having any kind of fun being on the other side right now?" If not then do something to change it, if it means disbanding your raid then do so and break off in smaller groups. If it means moving the fight to a location thats not to your groups best interest then do so. Like Arga said there is a Huge map to fight on, use it!

I might even make a come back to help lead either raids or small groups to see if it helps any. But my hours have changed so it will be Sat-Mon nights into the morning hours. If some of you are game let me know and we'll see about changing things up with a rusty r11 BA.
    I'll lead with you some night, Wrok! <3
    -Felasbane (R12/Brandy, R7/Windy)
    "Invader's blood marches through my veins like radioactive rubber pants! The pants command me, do not ignore my veins!"-Zim
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320601000009fb9e/signature.png]Felasbane[/charsig]

Reading through some of these posts it is fairly clear there is a lack of appreciation from the opposition on what it takes for a freep or creep to win. Freeps think creep side is too easy and creeps think freep side is too easy. Personally I believe freep side is the easier faction once you have put in the work to level up/gear up a toon ( but that is no trivial task ).

What would really help here is if we switched sides for atleast a day. I suggest an arranged fight for the next Saturday (September 7th) where for a few hours the regular freeps play creep side and the regular creeps play freep side. According to what I have seen on either side, I get the impression that people feel it takes only a short time to get a fight ready freep or creep. Since there is about 10 days for this arranged fight, that should be enough time since I assume most of you have atleast some creep or freep even though they might not be fight ready yet.

We can fight in some location of the map that is not frequently used so that we can have some control over the numbers. I think this will give people a decent idea of what their opposition deals with on a daily basis.

The point of this fight is not to prove whether one side is easier than the other, but for each to get an idea of what it takes for the opposition to win. If anyone is interested in such a fight, let me know either via reply here or via mail to Zedred and I will be glad to coordinate the fight. Since I mostly play freep, I will be playing a creep for this fight if there is sufficient interest for such a fight.

Since many of those that posted in this thread feels quite strongly about this topic, I would encourage each of you to participate in this event.

I will start with a list here and keep adding to it whenever anyone expresses their interest. If we get atleast 4 on each side, we can go ahead with it :

Creep side :

1. Zedred on his creep (Either BA or WL)

Freep side :

Used to be known as Zedred - Runekeeper - Windfola

Ireland and more Irish than the Irish, loving Ireland and going for citizenship :)
    Most here won't even remember me anymore, nor will have taken much notice of me while I was active in the moors, but I do recall some of the times Arga has been mentioning, and it was fun back then when I first joined the moors, even though there were also bad times and a lot of stress.. but now I just hate the windy moors, and I am transferring away, following a former moor's friend (even if many of my characters will stay on the server, too expensive to move them all >.> - I as a player am leaving the server behind).

I might not get much love for what I have to say here, but oh well.. it is the truth from where I am sitting. To me what I have come to hate so much is the cliqueyness, and that goes freep and creepside alike. Even if one does end joining raids, it does not feel welcoming. It has become a who is who, and who knows who, and while there are players out there who I adore *cuddles Nyr* the windy moors have turned into a place for me personally where I feel alone and alienated. I have never been an ambitious player. Tiny has had many suicide runs into raids and died heaps, and also my freeps were just like that.. but I feel now that my playstyle does not work with what is happening in the windy moors anymore. I feel I am meant to be all serious and ambitious out there, as if I have to prove something that to me personally means nothing.

I guess Windy is suffering from a lack of fresh blood overall. The server does not feel very active anymore, and I can only assume that newcomers who do end exploring the moors, will feel similarly alienated as I do (while I am not even a newcomer).

Over 3 years of Windy.. and I never thought I'd leave, but the time has come and my transfer ticket has been posted.
    In fairness though I have to also grant that my current online times might not work too well with windy action anymore, but even when I did stay up, I just felt lost, so yes.. farewell Windy, but I wish everyone all the best and that things will improve for those remaining
    WOOF - we really finally need dogs in Middle Earth - WOOF

Ireland and more Irish than the Irish, loving Ireland and going for citizenship :)
    @ AerandirCulnamo

Just wanted to make sure this is not taken the wrong way. I did not mention Nyr as in defense of anyone or in referance to whatever disputes exist. That was a purely personal mention of someone I have come to know away from the game.

To me the Windy Moors have overall turned stagnant and decadent. Maybe Arga is right, if I understood him correctly.. and old memories some of us are still clinging on to are not helping either. I know I am missing the old times, and yes, I was one of those that joined WP back then, and maybe I was just lucky to hit the moors at the right time, but it was fun back then with plenty of raid action that could last for hours, tactics and spirit. To me that is gone, but maybe I am just too hung up still on what was, and thus unwilling to accept and work with what is now. New shores look definitely a lot greener, at least to me :'/
    WOOF - we really finally need dogs in Middle Earth - WOOF

To say a couple of things...

Just wanna put my input into some of the things that have been said.

Zedred, its a wonderful Idea, it really is, but the reality of it is that people like their characters, thats why they play them. If everyone liked everything, there would be too much time to take for them, so they focused on one character. Your rk, my reaver. There is a reason I don't play a warg, or a spider. There is also a reason why you don't play a warden, or a captain. Again many people have commented on this but it is the persons personality that makes their character. I think your idea would be effective, but its too fast. I would suggest just organizing SOMETHING just one thing, a 1v1 event, a outpost capture the hill kind of thing. Make something that will get people on and say, Hey I wanna go to this, it sounds cool. Once you have an audience, it will grow, it will spread, and you can do things like flip sides for a day or something. Another reason why this might not work; full time creepers. I haven't touched my RK since the RoR came out, and i'm not even 75. There is your issue where you run into things, yes I could go out as a 73, but am I stupid? I know I would get blown up any day of the week. Like I said, great idea, but maybe to far of a step forward, think baby steps.

Tiny, I do remember you (./hugz) and I feel the same way. I still have some of my old friends, but every raid I lead, I feel like nobody knows anyone. There is just no connection. You basically have a galloping troop of individuals you said, OK i guess since i've been rolled solo 5 times, I'll see what infamy I can get, I'm the same way sometimes when I join a raid. I believe this is in part to again, the community. People say OH ITS NOT THE COMMUNITY, well look at this thread for example. Sure the forums are a dangerous place, but it brings a certain unity towards one another right? I lets you blow off some steam to everyone. But when your in OOC in the moors, its just not there. The people who use these forums actually are a community, we are. But the people who don't are seperated and have no idea what is going on because there is no core place where you can talk, and usually in OOC, us guys are talking about OP Freeps or ### GOT GANKED AGAIN or something, making people not WANT to contribute to this. Again, I say that community needs to be the one thing that gets fixed and brought together. Tiny I understand the transfer and good luck to you over to wherever you go

Expel, I agree with you that most people do not want advice. I have tried, believe it or not, to coach Rvr's on what they are doing wrong and what they should do, and they blow me aside. I do in fact believe people need to lighten up and not take things the wrong way, which is what I stress the most in my raids, as I have a tendency to cuss (some people have delicate ears).

Din...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinarian View Post
    So hmm where to start. First I guess I want to say that I don't think the server is dying or even on its last leg. I have played in the moors for almost 2 years now and during that time I have seen lots of people transfer and leave and anytime a big name or a big kin name is attached to the transfer everyone worries and starts panicking, and every time the server is fine. Sometimes the transition isn't easy as some of the people who have left are missed terribly but always my fellow pvpers on this server carry on and keep up the fighting. One of the hardest lessons to learn when you are growing up is that the whole world does not revolve around you, the sun and the moon don't rise just for you, the birds don't sing a special song because you are in ear shot, and pvp on Windfola doesn't exist solely because a single person or group of people log on or not. I am not saying that those who leave won't be missed or even that it isn't a loss to have people going, I am just saying those who stay will in fact not implode and we will carry on with the good fight. I am certain that there are really good, talented freeps and creeps left on the server who are absolutely capable of stepping up and filling whatever role needs to be filled.

Perhaps today they are a beginner, nobody even knows who they are, but that is where everybody started, even the legends and most brilliant leaders on both sides were brand new once upon a time, and there is no reason to discount the new pvpers we have right now, with experience they have just as much a chance of being one of the server greats as anybody else.

To respond to Arga's comments about community that is in fact the most important part of Windfola's pvp. I can remember being an under level noob mini who even the king of WS MiniC would drop war speech to help me out when I was in big big BIG trouble, and was so over worked rezzing me. I cannot even begin to count the number of npc's freeps had to save me from after I naively charged in and pulled them. I can go on and on and name person after person after person with examples of freeps showing up and being the Calvary for the poor dumb noob mini, and they were always way to nice to call me that. I remember the fights in my very early days. I remember the creeps who could I swear make my mini explode by just looking in my general direction. And I remember being terrified of the spiders and wargs who would jump you scared and solo running back from the rez to the fight. I remember right after RoR when the freeps still needed gear and most weren't even playing int he moors yet and we would hobble together and group of maybe 6 which was all we could find and Adel would defiantly lead us into battle to put up the good fight even though we knew we were doomed.

I remember rolling my first creep and being nervous to introduce myself to the amazing creeps who killed me every day thinking that they would be mean and tell me I was terrible, but instead I was welcomed and greeted so warmly. Everyone I met on both sides went out of their way to make sure I was included, invited to raids if I wanted in, and were happy to give advice, no matter how unqualified I was at the time. And for me that spirit is why the moors have always been so special to me, and that is how I hope everyone feels.

As for advice on how to improve the moors, everything Arga and Zed said, they are way more wise, experienced, and talented than I am. We need respect, adaptability, and friendship.

Closing thoughts it is PvP some days you are the shark other days you are the bait ball, have fun with your friends and fellow creep/freeps and log off at the end of the night smiling and ready to play again tomorrow!

THIS THIS THIS A THOUSAND TIMES THIS. This ladies and gentlemen is called an experience. Someone who came from no where, and now, everyone talks about them, although maybe not in a good way, but you talk about her (pardon me if your a dude im dumb) but this is probably the most dominant thing in this thread. This! is a community. I remember when I first came into the moors, I was soooooooooooooooooooooooooo nooby, I didn't know what everything was, I was just walking cause thats all I knew how to do. Then I was walking and I saw that someone wanted people to join their "raid" and at the time I kinda knew what grouping was so I typed after figuring out how to, in OOC me plz. I got popped into a raid all lagged out my computer, becasue as many of you know, I played on ancient settings, where crayons were used. That raid, was lead by Dhot, and to this day is the one man who taught me how to lead and move the fight and play in your favor. I got a lil rank after a bit and soon a raid leader was leading, and I thought to myself why the hell not, i had a mic, I could do what he just did. I asked if I could get lead, gave it to me, and then as is said, the rest is history, although I sucked at first xD

Din hit the nail on the head and drilled it into the 2x4. There will be others, I will soon fade, Din will fade, Water will fade, and there will be others to take the spotlight and lead, just gotta grab it once its there.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast