We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Smile Can't complete quest after retreating

Sorry if this is posted in wrong place..

Quest: Twilight Estates/Tham Andalath Kill 12 goblins/extinguish 8 campfires.

I killed 12/12 goblins and extinguished 7/8 campfires before I had to 'retreat'. My log shows me that I still have one campire to extinguish.

I've tried several times to complete this: I go back to Tham Andalath but all the campfires are alight - the ones I extinguished and the one I didn't. However, NONE of the campfires have a hand symbol on them, to allow me to extinguish them. Consequently, even though I kill the goblins guarding the campfires etc. and the 'Signature' character, I can't put out any of the campfires and hence complete the quest.

Any help please?!!

thanks

I had a similar problem in Moria, coming up one short of a quest item and finally had to get a GM to reset it.

Hope this helps!
    Why yes, I do remember the 1950's. Nuf said :)

Go into the fortress, press "del" to find nearby objects.
    There are enough campfires to estinguish, try every corner.

This situation occurs with a lot of quests that have landscape objects that you use. You only have 30 second maybe a few minutes before the item returns to normal and is now available for someone else to use. You will have wander around until you find one of the campfires that you have not used yet. As previously suggested the "Delete" key is a good way to target an available campfire that you have not previously used.

Some quests allow you use the same campfire (object) multiple time. You have enough patience you can stand still wait out the 7 resets.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Thank you everyone for responding, very much appreciated.

I will do as you say and try the delete key - I did immediately go to the campfire I knew I hadn't extinguished but I guess I'll just have to be more patient! If that doesn't work after waiting patiently, I'll ask for a reset!

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Galdawen View Post
    Thank you everyone for responding, very much appreciated.

I will do as you say and try the delete key - I did immediately go to the campfire I knew I hadn't extinguished but I guess I'll just have to be more patient! If that doesn't work after waiting patiently, I'll ask for a reset!

Thanks again
    Just to report the 'delete' method worked, thank you