We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

Best moors gear set

Hey i have a question asking what would be the best aud gear sets to get.i currently have the leggings of command, gloves of command, and boots of perservernce. i was wondering what else i should get or make any changes to what i have

Two Perseverance is a must for all PvE and PvP content. If you have access to the 6 sec RC, no reason you shouldn't be using it. Four Command is also really good for both PvE and PvP.

I think a lot of people also roll with however many of the third set it takes to get the -inc healing debuff on your enemies (don't remember if it's two or four) and two extra Pers (four total) are great to swap in when using Make Haste.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by TinDragon View Post
    Two Perseverance is a must for all PvE and PvP content. If you have access to the 6 sec RC, no reason you shouldn't be using it. Four Command is also really good for both PvE and PvP.

I think a lot of people also roll with however many of the third set it takes to get the -inc healing debuff on your enemies (don't remember if it's two or four) and two extra Pers (four total) are great to swap in when using Make Haste.
    This.

For general Moors, group or solo, I strongly recommend 4 command/2 perseverance. Then you may want to work on grabbing the swap pieces mentioned.

EDIT: The -inc healing debuff is a 4 set bonus.
    [COLOR=#FF8C00][SIZE=2][B]Hromgar[/B][/SIZE], Captain[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#FFFFF0][SIZE=2][B]Numenorean Guard,[/B][/SIZE] Landroval[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by borges_maze View Post
    This.

For general Moors, group or solo, I strongly recommend 4 command/2 perseverance. Then you may want to work on grabbing the swap pieces mentioned.

EDIT: The -inc healing debuff is a 4 set bonus.
    I don't find 4 command that compelling grouped. Don't get me wrong, the extra incoming damage is great if you can stay on a target. It is great in regular PvE, great for dropping tyrants faster, and very good in small group action or 1v1. But there is generally in raid v raid there is lots of bubbling and hence lots of target shifting. It is hard to keep the debuff up on the current DPS target (heck, sometimes hard to always get melee classes TO the current DPS target). Just my 2 cents... I've been running 4 perseverance 2 loyalty, but no particularly good reason for that. I like the 2 perseverance bonus best, like the 4 bonus on perseverance both for pursuit and for (trying) to disengage my group from a losing fight. I don't like/believe in in-combat armor swapping, just a personal opinion).

Tactical mit is really big in the moors, so picking up 4 pieces of Tognir is also very very nice for your groups -- extra 600 tac mit for free is a good deal indeed...

Quote Originally Posted by DelgonTheWise View Post
    I don't find 4 command that compelling grouped. Don't get me wrong, the extra incoming damage is great if you can stay on a target. It is great in regular PvE, great for dropping tyrants faster, and very good in small group action or 1v1. But there is generally in raid v raid there is lots of bubbling and hence lots of target shifting. It is hard to keep the debuff up on the current DPS target (heck, sometimes hard to always get melee classes TO the current DPS target). Just my 2 cents... I've been running 4 perseverance 2 loyalty, but no particularly good reason for that. I like the 2 perseverance bonus best, like the 4 bonus on perseverance both for pursuit and for (trying) to disengage my group from a losing fight. I don't like/believe in in-combat armor swapping, just a personal opinion).
    I will agree that it's definitely suited better for PvE content. However, I don't find it too difficult to keep it on the current target. It won't be on 100% of the time but the skill only has a 6s cooldown, so it's pretty easy to shift it to a different target. I find Telling Mark much more difficult to shift around, so if you don't have two yellows the Command set makes a great backup.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by DelgonTheWise View Post

Tactical mit is really big in the moors, so picking up 4 pieces of Tognir is also very very nice for your groups -- extra 600 tac mit for free is a good deal indeed...
    I generally agree with you regarding RvR and should have been more specific. I run solo or small-grouped at least 90% of the time I'm in the Moors. 4 command is great in situations where targets need to be dropped fast and the group is following target assist closely. I can definitely see the benefit of 4 perseverance if you don't need the 4 command bonus.

Also, I agree on the 4 pieces of Tognir. Really not expensive at all these days and makes you that much more useful to your Moors group.
    [COLOR=#FF8C00][SIZE=2][B]Hromgar[/B][/SIZE], Captain[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#FFFFF0][SIZE=2][B]Numenorean Guard,[/B][/SIZE] Landroval[/COLOR]

The moors is way to complicated these days to have an optimal armor set... I find myself constantly switching between sets to get the different bonus's only to usually fall back on the loyalty set to counteract heal spam from defilers.

Since heal spam is in general the most prevalent thing in the moors currently the loyalty set see's the most use(4 pieces) but when healing is not present the command set takes over. With the perseverance set used mainly to counter creeps who run away or those with large amounts of CC/slows.

Depending on what kind of captain you like to play in the moors I would suggest a different starting set for you. As a healing captain I would rec mainly loyalty set as it offers you the best group helping potential both making you hard to kill and making the enemy easier to kill.(with the -6 rally of course).

Command(with 6 sec RC, but mainly for the decrease Shadows Lament CD) for those captains who prefer LTC setup and solo, however you will find quickly that Command doesn't help you kill healers later you will need to get the loyalty set as a swap in to deal with them. note however then if a defiler plays defensively(meaning he stops attacking for long periods to regenerate power) Then you will not kill him in less then 20 mins and you may not kill him at all even with the loyalty set. The defensive way of playing a defiler literally risks nothing, he is merely waiting for you to run out of power.

In raid battles your best setup is gonna be 4 loyalty 2 persv. The reason for this is because the -35% incoming healing dedbuff stacked with the Aoe stun on routing cry is literally the most effective weapon you can use in a raid battle. When timed and used in coordination with the raid assist it makes finishing targets very easy.