We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

New warden, need help

First of all, I did quickly scan stuff about wardens to learn how they basically play. Mine is lvl 14 now. I have a few "fist gambits" that I have learned but I have no skills to use that will proc the fist icon needed in the gambit. What am I missing? I have been to the warden trainer and checked every active, passive, gambit skill window I have. I don't see anything that is suppose to let me use gambits like Goad. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

For some gambits you have to use the basic builder 2 times.

For Goad, you have to use Warden's Taunt, wait for the short cooldown, then Warden's Taunt again...then you can use Goad.

Same is true for the gambits Deft Strike and Defensive Strike.

I hope this helps

wow... that was it. I can't believe I missed that lol. Probably cause I haven't had to use Warden's Taunt yet. Thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by BiGGnome View Post
    First of all, I did quickly scan stuff about wardens to learn how they basically play. Mine is lvl 14 now. I have a few "fist gambits" that I have learned but I have no skills to use that will proc the fist icon needed in the gambit. What am I missing? I have been to the warden trainer and checked every active, passive, gambit skill window I have. I don't see anything that is suppose to let me use gambits like Goad. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    you won't be able to use gambits until your class trainer teaches them to you, even if you can build them. Uncheck 'only show trainable skills' (or something like that) at the top of the tab when you talk to your trainer, it will show you what level you will learn all your gambits.

One thing I missed completely, that you probably haven't, make sure you use a stance at all times.
    When I started fiddling around with a Warden I didn't turn on "Recklessness", as it sounded a bit reckless to me. Without it no skills have self heals, and there's no real text descriptor highlighting this.

Quote Originally Posted by tehdanish View Post
    Without it no skills have self heals, and there's no real text descriptor highlighting this.
    This is a great resource for checking what all the gambits do depending on which stance you're in:

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Ward...uick_Reference

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbins View Post
    This is a great resource for checking what all the gambits do depending on which stance you're in:

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Ward...uick_Reference
    Thanks for posting this bit. I've been looking for something describing gambit effects for each stance.