We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question Sword Inherent Parry Modifier

So I've been looking into what sort of weapon would be the most effective for a warden, despite the general assumption of spear (which I understand is best for dps). However, I figure that the parry modifier of One-Handed Swords (1%) with the addition of Grand Master Weapons Training (+1%) and Master Sword Training (+2%) would be significant for a tanking warden. However, when I went to see how this would show up, it resulted in a difference of only one percent. I used vendor weapons to avoid any stat discrepancies:

Are the extra 3% from the Legendary Trait and Passive Skill hidden? Is this WAI? Even if for whatever reason, the effects didn't stack, wouldn't MST trump the rest, warranting a difference of at least 2%?
    Thanks in advance for any input, and a turbine post to clear this up once and for all would be fantastic.
    [img]http://s22.postimg.org/ok6eiwpb5/sofar.jpg[/img]

Edit: the OP is right , both are skills are not working (too early in the morning without coffe, the first test). There is only 1% difference if you unslot GMWT and use an axe. They fixed the description but not the skill.
    Last edited by ElricM; Jan 27 2013 at 04:01 AM.

I'd encourage everyone to bug both GMWT and Master Sword Training. My assumption is that GMWT is bugged, while MST is just an outdated tooltip carry-over from back when passives were more common and meaningful. Getting both fixed would be nice no matter what the case actually is, so help draw some attention to it.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    - while MST is just an outdated tooltip carry-over from back when passives were more common and meaningful-
    I don't think so, because the passive Master Spear Training still gives additional spear bleed chance that compounds with Grand Master's effect.

Bug Report Form:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Master Sword Training (Passive) and Grand Master Weapons Training

I wanted to see how effective the sword inherent parry would be with both the MST passive trait and GMWT legendary slotted, but when I swapped between a vendor sword and vendor axe (no stats) there was only a difference of 1% (the natural sword parry buff). According to the skill descriptions of MST and GMWT, I should be getting about 4% (2% from MST passive and 1% from GMWT, added to natural 1%). Even if, for some odd reason, MST doesn't stack with GMWT, I should be getting a difference of atleast 3%. Other passives like Master Spear Training still compound with GMWT (spears go from 1 to 5% with Master Spear Training and then to 7% with the legendary slotted).

1. Acquire the passive skill Master Sword Training at a Warden Trainer at about level 20.
    2. Acquire and slot the Legendary Trait "Grand Master Weapons Training"
    3. Acquire a vendor axe and vendor sword from the One-Handed Weapons Vendor in Combe (no stats on the weapons besides passive armour-piece and passive parry modifier)
    4. Compare the parry percentage with each weapon slotted to see that both the legendary trait and passive skill are not taken into account.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by AmazingX; Jan 27 2013 at 10:00 AM.
    [img]http://s22.postimg.org/ok6eiwpb5/sofar.jpg[/img]

Thumbs up

Many Wardens wait for this to get fixed, any chance it can make it to "Known Issues" ?

Getting an important skill fixed would make some Wardens happy again and would show that somebody cares about them.

Waiting for the fix

It's been bugged for quite some time now. I'm beginning to think most Wardens have forgotten it doesn't work. Here's for hoping they catch it with U10! Personally, I /bug it every time I log onto Bullroarer.

Quote Originally Posted by Living View Post
    It's been bugged for quite some time now. I'm beginning to think most Wardens have forgotten it doesn't work. Here's for hoping they catch it with U10! Personally, I /bug it every time I log onto Bullroarer.
    Hi, I am considering rolling a warden and found this issue. I am consedering rolling him as an elven swordsman so I'd like to ask if this issue was solved. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Rique76 View Post
    Hi, I am considering rolling a warden and found this issue. I am consedering rolling him as an elven swordsman so I'd like to ask if this issue was solved. Thanks!
    Sigh.. necroing a 8 month old thread?

See my post to your other thread on almost identical info here.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...some-questions

Quote Originally Posted by Darlgon View Post
    Sigh.. necroing a 8 month old thread?

See my post to your other thread on almost identical info here.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...some-questions
    No point about "necroing". Its a valid question.

EDIT: removing the "thank you" part since you actually didnt answer neither here neither in my other thread (linked) or in the link you posted there (just complained about some changes).
    Still waiting for a valid response.
    Last edited by Rique76; Oct 23 2013 at 08:15 PM.

Did you just diss darlgon? ./popcorn

Necroing is generally considered a bad thing. Get used to it! If you want to necro, at least do it with style! You'd have better luck just making your own thread (which you did, so there was no need to post in an old thread in the first place). Also, if you didn't notice, he did give you some helpful information. He confirmed what you thought was true, but said it was all subject to change. What do you expect, a grad school thesis?