We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mottos and Class Stereotypes

So I went around collecting a motto for each class to kind of go with the stereotypes or the things that they're good at.
    Hunters: "The ONLY way to travel."
    Minstrels: "We attract everything that wants to kill us."
    LM: "I have a pet. His name is...ooh shiny!"
    Guardian: "You're so cute. Hit me again, maybe it'll hurt this time."
    Warden: "I AM a small fellowship."
    Rune Keeper: "Fsshhtt...boom!"
    Burglar: "Sneak sneak sneak sneak sneak sneak...what did you want me to do again?"
    Champion: "Cut 'em first and try to remember to ask questions later."
    Captain: "We lead the charge so you don't have to."

Please post any other ones you can think of.

Talking

Captain: "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA "
    Last edited by Draugturg; Jan 25 2013 at 05:01 PM. Reason: was missing one "A"
    [COLOR="#FFFFFF"][SIZE=2][SIZE=3]"At your service and your families"[/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#FFFFFF"][I]Imladris:[/I][/COLOR] [COLOR="#FFD700"][B]Nananturg[/B] Dwarf/Hunter [B]Frongolturg [/B] Dwarf/Rune-Keeper[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#FFFFFF"][I]Elendilmir:[/I][/COLOR] [COLOR="#FFD700"][B]Finiadraug[/B] Men/Hunter [B]Cuivorn[/B] Men/Lore-Master[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by kittie20020 View Post
    So I went around collecting a motto for each class to kind of go with the stereotypes or the things that they're good at.
    Hunters: "The ONLY way to travel."
    Minstrels: "We attract everything that wants to kill us."
    LM: "I have a pet. His name is...ooh shiny!"
    Warden: "I AM a small fellowship."
    Rune Keeper: "Fsshhtt...boom!"
    Burglar: "Sneak sneak sneak sneak sneak sneak...what did you want me to do again?"
    Champion: "Cut 'em first and try to remember to ask questions later."
    Captain: "We lead the charge so you don't have to."

Please post any other ones you can think of.
    Hunter: Pew Pew
    Champion: Swish Swish

Ah, that would be Shing Shing for Champion.

I like a Burglar's (or Kinship's?) signature here at the forum: "First you see red, then you are dead"
    Kibilturg; Watchers of Elendil (Landroval) & Tarciryan Knights (Crickhollow)
    RIP Imladris

this is brilliant! now i wanna see how what other classes think each classes moto should be. oh and fyi, "fssht... BOOM" perfectly states my modus operandi on an rk =D

Here is how I describe the guardian.

I bash my face into your fist until you are dead
    [URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/191/nalv.jpg/][IMG]http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/7739/nalv.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Hunters: "Which way do I point my bow?"
    Minstrels: "Music is the best medicine"
    LM: "Hey look a bunch of mobs are grouped up, don't worry I'll debuff all of th-...STICKY GOURD!!! TACTICAL CHAMP TIME!!!"
    Guardian: "Hopefully my morale makes up for my lack of threat generation."
    Warden: "Watch me be all you can be...and more"
    Rune Keeper: "Did they nerf me again in this update?"
    Burglar: "The more of us there are, the easier content becomes"
    Champion: "Group them up, I need a reason to take out my weapon"
    Captain: "Be nice to me if you want blade brother, else you get focus"

total +rep to the OP.

Hunter:” will pew pew for food…or revamp”
    Lm: “natural disaster on 2 legs”
    Mini: “gloves of silk, embouchures of steel”
    Rk: “Hi, my name is <insert lorebreaker name>. Please ebb onto me”
    Warden: “up down up down left right left right a b a b start = godmode”
    Guard: “that tickles”
    Burg: “walk softly, carry a big…dagger.”
    Captain: “I make you awesome.”
    Champ: “will it blend!?....Yes! it blends!” (look it up on youtube )
    Last edited by mrfigglesworth; Apr 19 2013 at 04:44 PM.

Hunter = "I get dizzy spinning."
    LM = "You spec CC, I'm traited sticky gourd!"
    RK = "I like to whine about my op'd healing."
    Bored-agains = "Wardens suck."
    Cappy = "Focus for you...d*ck"
    Mini = "Music in my soul, knife in my back."
    Champ = "Duh...I hit things. Schwing, schwing!"
    Warden = "I swear, I'm one of the good ones, I actually know how to tank!"
    Burg = "I'm so horribly picked on as a class," whiny.

Do AAAAAAAAAAAAAA you AAAAAAAAAAAAAA know AAAAAAAAAAAAAA how AAAAAAAAAAAAAA you AAAAAAAAAAAAAA can AAAAAAAAAAAAAA tell AAAAAAAAAAAAAA if AAAAAAAAAAAAAA a AAAAAAAAAAAAAA player AAAAAAAAAAAAAA is AAAAAAAAAAAAAA a AAAAAAAAAAAAAA warden AAAAAAAAAAAAAA ? AAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

Hunters= this is just too easy
    Gaurds= HIT ME AGAIN.... TRY AGAIN.... IS THAT THE BEST YOU CAN DO??
    Champs= Sorry for breaking that mezz... whoops I just drew too much agro...
    LM= EAT MY FURRY BEAR WHILE YOU ARE ROOTED!!!
    RK= this just goes to show that words can kill.
    Minni= heal the tank or the champ... tank or champ tank or champ tank or champ... whoops the raid wiped...
    Burgs=............ *Awkward silence*..............
    Ward= WHAT WAS THAT HEALING GAMBIT???
    Cappy= I dont care if you think im squishy but im in charge....
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000027b6f2/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Hunter:Sure ill port you to rivendell...for a price.
    Guardian:1 gold says you cant get through this baby.
    Captain: Check in your wallet, that's me on the Dollar bill.
    Champion: But I tried to not get all the agro.
    Minstrel: But I like War Speach :-(.
    Warden: Me>You
    Loremaster: Careful!! It bites.
    Burglar: ....................picks a pocket...................
    Runekeeper: Like my pet rock?
    Last edited by c_the_awesome; Jul 13 2013 at 03:07 AM.
    Chrisandir, man Captain 100 | Raxus dwarf Guardian 51 | Chrorin dwarf Hunter 30 | Strillo hobbit Burglar 3 | Butche man Champion 29 |
    | Falaminianteraglith dwarf Runekeeper 20 | Randu man Lore-master 17 | Nafthali woman Warden 12 |

Hunter: Pew Pew! Kill de wabbit, kill de wabbit, kill de wabbit!
    Guardian: Don't worry guys, I'll bow guard them! Baruk-Khazad!!!
    Champion: Shing.....Shing...*saber sound*
    Captain: Focus buff for you and for you and for you! Oh, oh, oh OPA Bubble style! 8D
    Lore Master: Pokemon - I choose you eagle! (that is formally known as Spearow!) Also, lag lag lag lag Lightning Storm!
    Ministrel: Oh god flop flop flop!!!! Crud...I done dieded.
    Rune-Keeper: TNT oi! oi! oi! TNT oi! oi! oi! (did I mention mending verse looks like the RK has a pair of Yo-Yo's?)
    Warden: This is SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAA!!!!!!!
    Burglar: *sneaks surprise strike one shot* --> walks away like there's an explosion in the background whilst having a boss face.
    Fractal

Burg: Don't break my mez!
    Champ tank: Don't mez when I shout!

Guard: Is that all you got?! Hit me harder!
    Burg: *sneaks* *hides* *sneaks* *hides* *reaches* *runs off* Anyone want a gold ring?
    LM: *pats giant bear on the head* This is Smokey, do NOT make him angry.
    Champ: What?! There's only 5 of them...
    RK: "Their weapons shall not harm us!" (Rk's have awesome skill names) *ZAP*
    Ward (or at least me when I'm using ward): How do I make that gambit again?
    Hunter: Eh they're a tank- they can manage *Pew* *ROAR* Oops... I guess not :P
    Cappy: Charge!
    Mini: *sings* And so our brave adventures packed their bags and walked on fearing not orcs nor lags
    Last edited by narniaswolf; May 13 2013 at 09:55 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000031dd1e/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

GREAT THREAD!!
    Minstrels: Play music to live, not live to play music
    Hunters: make them fall before they can touch us. this makes US the most survivable class - until we run out of arrows
    Champs: My aoe means i can take them all with my eyes closed!
    Guards: hmmm.. my calculations tell me that i can stand here for about... 10 years before I die of laughter.
    Warden: "Me=Warden which means Me>You you you you and You"
    RK: Zap kite kite zap kite kite zap kite kite - yes attune ten! EAT MY LIGHTNING!!
    Cappy: without ME your just another hobbit from the shire.
    Cappy 2: i know you all think i'm awesome deep down inside
    LM: You better watch it young hobbit - just look at your size... now look at my pet bear.
    Burg: sneak sneak sneak sneak sneak.. pickpocket failed... "Oh whatever" *stun shank shank mezz kill and loot.
    Last edited by Communityguy39; May 13 2013 at 09:40 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000027c618/signature.png]Jackincard[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Almagnus1 View Post
    Do AAAAAAAAAAAAAA you AAAAAAAAAAAAAA know AAAAAAAAAAAAAA how AAAAAAAAAAAAAA you AAAAAAAAAAAAAA can AAAAAAAAAAAAAA tell AAAAAAAAAAAAAA if AAAAAAAAAAAAAA a AAAAAAAAAAAAAA player AAAAAAAAAAAAAA is AAAAAAAAAAAAAA a AAAAAAAAAAAAAA warden AAAAAAAAAAAAAA ? AAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Haha

Champion: Duuuuuuuuuuuuuh. Oooh. SHING SHING. Hahahaha.. Duuuh.
    [CENTER][I][FONT=georgia]"Never laugh at live dragons"[/FONT][/I]
    [/CENTER]

In the lotro yearbook The Captain was voted "Most Likely to form a screamo band"
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000002c9618/signature.png]Farimur[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by OruiFarimur View Post
    In the lotro yearbook The Captain was voted "Most Likely to form a screamo band"
    I could definitely see that.

A legend in his own lunch time.

Based on adventuring with 'A Light from the Shadow' kin on Eldar

Burglar: "Couldn't you see me sneaking round to backstab him?"
    Captain: "Who cares if I'm not following the Rat, it doesn't matter, I can't hit for.."
    Champion: "Who cares if I'm not following the Rat, I'm hitting him anyways"
    Hunters: "I swear I only shot him once.."
    Guardian: "Can I please have Anti-stun?"
    Lore Master: "Anti-stun, is that all I'm here for?"
    Minstrels: "Can I go War Speach, you don't need heals for this"
    Rune Keeper: "But I'm not traited for heals"
    Warden: "Yes I do have to do this stupid little dance, yes every time.."

I'm reading some of these and lolling... But for one reason or another my brain is reading some in a duke nukem voice like:

Guard: “that tickles”
    Captain: Check in your wallet, that's me on the Dollar bill.

etc

Hunter: I quick-scoped before it was cool.
    Champ: Oooo an enemy! Shing-Shing. That was fast.
    Guardian: *Get's face ripped off* Hey! I think I'll let you bash my face in as much as you want then kill you.
    LM: You just focus on that bear. Yup. Nothing to worry about over here. *Lightning murders everything*
    Mini: I like to pick fights with people I can beat. But for some reason I lose...
    Cappy: Hi random person I've never met before! *Buff buff buff buff buff* Wanna be my friend?
    Warden: *Strolling through the park of the Ettemoors* Oh hey! It's a creep! *creep attacks him* I don't like you any more. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHH!!! Now you're dead. I like you better this way.
    RK: *Bing bing bing ZAAAP*
    Burg: I'll just sneak up behind him while you use a random attack to draw his attention. *Shank shank shank* There you go! Oops... GUARD!
    Last edited by Aideani; Jul 15 2013 at 02:15 PM.

Warden: "Alright. Everyone else try not to get yourselves killed in there."

I've literally thought that while doing instances, lol
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000046ddaa/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Wonderful thread guys!!!! come up with more!!!!!
    Off the Guides:
    Hunter: A Hunter is deadly when armed with bow and arrow, and in close-combat a Hunter is capable of holding their own with dual-weapon-wielding. Generally speaking, the Hunter excels at delivering significant damage to a single target from afar – additionally, this is often their role in group combat.
    Champ: Champions wear medium (and later, heavy) armour and fight their enemies by swinging their two melee weapons, using their built-in Dual Wielding skill and a plethora of fun attack skills.
    Burg: Burglars can fill multiple combat roles, but are also great at "debuffing" – a type of skill that weakens monsters in one way or another.

In order to debuff, Burglars utilize "Trick" skills; Burglars can also remove these Tricks during combat for alternate benefits. Additionally, Burglars have Stealth skills, allowing them to sneak around enemies undetected. In fellowships, Burlgars are able to deal significant damage and purposefully initiate Fellowship Manoeuvres.
    Guard:A good mantra to live by for new Guardians is "Join fellowships early and often." Not only is LOTRO even more fun with other players, but at higher levels some of the most exciting content is designed around fellowships. Plus, with LOTRO free to play it's always easy for a friend or family member to join in during those early levels.
    RK: For the first twenty levels or so, newbie Rune-keepers should be learning the ins and outs of how their class functions. Examine a new skill upon learning it, which is done easily via the pop-up tip occurred by hovering your mouse cursor over a skill icon. You can also open your skill window by pressing "K" on your keyboard.

Once you know how a skill works, the next step is experimenting with it in combat. Don't be afraid to make mistakes and get a little messy. The key to success with any new class is knowing how your skills do – and don't – work!
    Warden: The Warden is an agile melee combatant who can use Javelins to initiate combat from afar and wields spear-with-shield to gain an edge in closer quarters. By combining these unique tools with a variety of offense, defensive and support skills, Wardens wield significant combat flexibility.
    LM: In the world of LOTRO, Lore-masters are known as masters of "Crowd Control" (CC) and animal companions, powerful allies they command in combat. The Lore-master is considered an advanced class and because of this its play-style is more involved than some other classes. Largely, Lore-masters don't specialize in delivering heavy damage or wearing heavy armor.
    Mini: Minstrels are known for their exceptional healing abilities, but are also capable of dealing respectable damage. Their core combat plays out via special Ballads, which is a system introduced with 2011's Rise of Isengard expansion.
    Cappy: Captains have two core elements: they wield powerful support skills that can turn the tide of a battle, and they summon computer-controlled companions to fight by their side.

Beyond these two elements, Captains are also known for being incredibly versatile and capable of supporting every member of a LOTRO fellowship. Captains can make a good group of players great and a great group of players amazing.

What is that doing here./\
    Chrisandir, man Captain 100 | Raxus dwarf Guardian 51 | Chrorin dwarf Hunter 30 | Strillo hobbit Burglar 3 | Butche man Champion 29 |
    | Falaminianteraglith dwarf Runekeeper 20 | Randu man Lore-master 17 | Nafthali woman Warden 12 |

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast