We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    So do I, finally a drop in the Warden population. I gave up on my warden after U10, but I might give it a try with HD. I do want more burst DPS, though, to compensate for surviveability.
    I'm hoping there's still room to dip into a hybridized bruiser build (Tanky damage) like I've been fanatically employing for most of my time in the moors. But having more succinct damage options will be really nice too.

We can't say for sure if changes will warrant a drop in the warden pop, but I guess we'll find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Untg99 View Post
    I'm hoping there's still room to dip into a hybridized bruiser build (Tanky damage) like I've been fanatically employing for most of my time in the moors. But having more succinct damage options will be really nice too.
    I very much doubt it; every class will have to sacrifice survivability for damage, and vise versa.

We can't say for sure if changes will warrant a drop in the warden pop, but I guess we'll find out.
    No, we can't. But seeing most Wardens I see in the Moors nowadays are lower than R7, most are Fotm'ers. Like I said above, the devs said on twitter people have to sacrifice damage for survivability. This means the class can't be as OP as it is now. I hope this will mean a drop in the warden population.

I very much doubt it; every class will have to sacrifice survivability for damage, and vise versa.

No, we can't. But seeing most Wardens I see in the Moors nowadays are lower than R7, most are Fotm'ers. Like I said above, the devs said on twitter people have to sacrifice damage for survivability. This means the class can't be as OP as it is now. I hope this will mean a drop in the warden population.
    The inherent bonuses that go along with getting 5 morale per vitality compared to other classes (Guards get this as well, of course) in an of itself will likely mean we can maintain some semblance of the 'bruiser' build Constrictions enjoys. We'll see how the Warden Dev diary and Beta play out, but if the Burg Dev diary theme holds true with other classes including warden, there may be less need to compromise than we were led to believe. Each of RockXs comments about a trait tree for burgs included the footnote at the end like this one: "In addition to Tricks and Trick Removals, survivability traits can be found early in the tree for Quiet Knives and Gamblers who want to enhance their defences. " Perhaps I'm reading too far into this, but is it that hard to imagine the warden equivalent to this statement being: "In addition to Threat and Aviodances, healing traits can be found early in the Shield tree for Spear and Fist Wardens who want to enhance their Defences."?

They did say there would be room to dip into both, however it is pretty damn vague. I'm hoping that extends enough to be able to employ well-rounded survivability and maintaining well axed damage output. I don't want to be forced into a glasscannony mode as a passive tank class.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2