We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Wink 85 Skraid... in solo

Hello,

I put the first part only, because the whole raid takes > 2 hours (Necromancer's Gate skraid)
    It is Necro, the easiest skraid (with Amon Sûl, also soloable, but we must protect the NPC Candaith, more chances to fail...),
    but I think it is not normal that a 12-man instance can be done alone !
    I'm not top geared and I did not use my tank gear (I must use it in WP T2C for example, otherwise the last fight is too hard)
    The huge speed debuff of last Lieutenant (Shepherd of Filth) was very annoying (I cannot interrupt it), but his DPS is really low.
    Some parts were more difficult when I got 2 LTs at same time + mobs, if one of them was the "Brothers of Destruction", who seems to be the strongest LT, when we are alone, but I just added more vitality.
    Wardens can certainly do it even more easily.
    Last edited by Castorix; Dec 09 2013 at 08:48 PM.

I call upon thee, Hammer of nerf! ... This video is the exact embodiment of the reason i left Lotro until the next expansion and class revamps... It has just become horrifying what some classes can do in comparison to others...

Anyways good job in finding yourself a challenge....
    [CENTER][URL="http://postimage.org/"][IMG]http://s5.postimg.org/oiz5srzbr/download_1.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[COLOR=#ffffff][I][B]Only fools and dead men never change their mind[/B][/I][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by zagreb000 View Post
    It has just become horrifying what some classes can do in comparison to others...
    Yes, I have a 85 hunter too : the only instance I can do alone is the Library challenge, but with a lot of difficulty, so I cannot even farm it (when my friends/kinmates are not connected, if I don't want to spam GLFF) to try to get the gold bracelets from this cluster (what I could do easily with my champ there (gold shoulders))
    Last edited by Castorix; Dec 09 2013 at 08:50 PM.

I just did at 95: Assault on the Ringwraiths' Lair skraid.
    It was impossible before HD (the dragon was hitting too hard)
    When the boss is alone, he makes me nearly no damage : absolutely not normal, a boss raid should kill me in a few seconds without a Ministrel to heal me !

(btw, I got the 6 seals, but 3 medallions only for a raid (???))
    Last edited by Castorix; Dec 10 2013 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Castorix View Post
    I just did at 95: Assault on the Ringwraiths' Lair skraid.
    It was impossible before HD (the dragon was hitting too hard)
    When the boss is alone, he makes me nearly no damage : absolutely not normal, a boss raid should kill me in a few seconds without a Ministrel to heal me !

(btw, I got the 6 seals, but 3 medallions only for a raid (???))
    necromancers gate takes about 25 minutes solo on a level 95 guard. It's a shame update 12.1 does not adress any of this
    [CENTER]Meernakh Daggerfoot / Meery & Meepsy Meep

[b]Meep Meep![/b][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Meery View Post
    necromancers gate takes about 25 minutes solo on a level 95 guard. It's a shame update 12.1 does not adress any of this
    I did not retry Necro at 95, but even if it is total faceroll now, 25 mn for the whole skraid, are you sure ?
    It usually takes me around 2 hours to do a skraid solo (and 3 hours for Amon Sûl when I was 85, but I failed at boss several times (armour completely destroyed, no more LI (0/100))
    Last edited by Castorix; Dec 10 2013 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Castorix View Post
    I did not retry Necro at 95, but even if it is total faceroll now, 25 mn for the whole skraid, are you sure ?
    It usually takes me around 2 hours to do a skraid solo (and 3 hours for Amon Sûl when I was 85, but I failed at boss several times (armour completely destroyed, no more LI (0/100))
    I have done a few 25 minute runs but it's somewhat dependend on the LT spawns. I tried to record a fast run but it ended up being 35 minutes long. So an oppertune LT selection can be 25, but i guess 30-35 minutes would be a better average. uploading vid atm

I have done a few 25 minute runs but it's somewhat dependend on the LT spawns. I tried to record a fast run but it ended up being 35 minutes long. So an oppertune LT selection can be 25, but i guess 30-35 minutes would be a better average. uploading vid atm
    This took about an hour to hour and 15 minutes (with a couple short breaks), and considering what I was wearing, I see no reason to doubt 25 minutes is quite doable. Sorry for the video quality.

[center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daL4f...ature=youtu.be

also sorry for the video quality notice this time was achieved by the sneaking ways of the hobbit (read: skipping some counter attacks)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daL4f...ature=youtu.be
    also sorry for the video quality notice this time was achieved by the sneaking ways of the hobbit (read: skipping some counter attacks)
    Ah yes, indeed !
    I was unable to solo it with my Guardian at 85, only my Champ.
    On next Update/Nerf, maybe my Hunter will be able to do it (although it is maybe possible with some tank gear, with Crit defense for bosses...)
    Last edited by Castorix; Dec 11 2013 at 11:55 AM.

looks like youtube only gradually processes the video, it's now also available in glorious 1080p
    Last edited by Meery; Dec 10 2013 at 01:02 PM.

I tested Necro skraid with my weak Hunter : I could go to boss without too much difficulty (I've been killed by some Lieutetants but I passed them at 2nd try)
    But I could not beat the boss. Even with some stuff with Crit defense (lvl 85), I received a lot of -6K hits and it was not possible to survive.

My Hunter is a classic DPS Hunter, very bad in soloing instances (I could only solo Library challenge at 85)
    I could not imagine I would be able to do nearly a whole skraid...

I hope U12.1 will fix all that.