We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Unhappy No lotteries for months?!

I haven't been able to enter any lotteries for several months because it always says there's no active lotteries. Has there really been no lotteries since before U10?!
    120% of Americans are bad at math, that's like... almost a majority! -Brian Regean

Quote Originally Posted by Solumbra View Post
    I haven't been able to enter any lotteries for several months because it always says there's no active lotteries. Has there really been no lotteries since before U10?!
    There have been quite a few lotteries. There was one that ended today. I believe one ended yesterday.

The lotteries listed in the sticky that is no longer around weren't being activated per the schedule due to defects in the Lotto system. Since the new web site launched, Turbine has only done lotteries to test the functionality. Many of these lotteries were only open for entries for a very short time like less than an hour in order to get the test results.

There has been a lot of run some tests. Tweak system. Run more tests.

One thing that is greatly improved is the messages. No active lotteries - means there are no lotteries. When lotteries are open, you can see all active lotteries - all characters that could enter the lottery - all characters that have entered the lottery.

If there is a lottery you can not enter - you will see it with no characters next to it. I saw one of those this week. A lottery for characters level 1-10. I no longer have anyone under 11.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

The lotteries have been one focus for the web team that has been working on the new forums. Sapience (credit is due, may he have one slice of bacon for every lottery I win) has been supporting this continuing feature, and has been testing quite a bit.

I bet we'll see the lotteries more frequently um... Soon.