We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    I'm not sure but I think you may have to visit Michel Delving and speak to the hobbit that starts the whole thing, one of them next to the statue. Maybe those with nothing in their efforts might have to do that. In less than an hour of a low-level killing spree after speaking to the hobbit I got 55 tokens. Not a great drop rate but at least something.

In three hours doing Norcrofts quests I only managed to get 2 bags, every one with 5 tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurefinde View Post
    I'm not sure but I think you may have to visit Michel Delving and speak to the hobbit that starts the whole thing, one of them next to the statue. Maybe those with nothing in their efforts might have to do that. In less than an hour of a low-level killing spree after speaking to the hobbit I got 55 tokens. Not a great drop rate but at least something.
    Well, this is how it went for me.

Logged lvl 85 minstrel. Rode to Michel Delving. Took a look at the statue and the two vendors (all greyed out of course). Talked to the quest NPC. Got a quest to get 50 tokens. Obviously I'm at 0/50. Join a group of all-kin 6-mans. Do a couple of those. Get 15 tokens by the end of it. That's it.

Logged a lvl 56 champion. Automatically got a quest to donate 5 tokens. Now I'm baffled.

Why is my minstrel being asked for 50 tokens and my champion only for 5 tokens? I assume when I logged my champion it saw that I had over 5 tokens and wanted to send me to Michel Delving (as explained in the dev diary). But why didn't my minstrel get a similar quest? I admit, the 6-mans kept me occupied, but I don't remember being offered a quest to donate 5 tokens... Does having one quest mean you can't take the other?

I'll have to double-check next time I'm on my minstrel (maybe I accepted and forgot) but still... Why the difference between 5 and 50?
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/102 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 105 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by EdgeCase View Post
    I'm seeing many comments about the drop rate, and I wanted to clarify a few things.

The landscape drops that people are getting are not the only way to get Bounder's Tokens. Over the course of the event, more ways of getting tokens (and more reliable ways of getting tokens) will appear. The landscape drops are a passive thing, that're supposed to provide a steady stream of tokens over a long time. The drop rate on the landscape Bounder's Tokens is intentionally low, because it applies to everyone, all the time, for the entire duration of the event. Think of this more like a marathon, than a sprint.

For those concerned about some servers not unlocking the server vendor and Bounder's Boon: we've taken this into account in our numbers. We've set the value at a point where we feel that every server has a reasonable chance to unlock the final rewards. Larger servers will unlock it earlier, and smaller servers will unlock it later, but the number is low enough that it's designed to be reachable for everyone, if they try enough.

I know that the number looks daunting, but we're only a few hours in, with only one way of obtaining tokens open. We've got more tricks up our sleeve, and we're keeping a close eye on this event.
    Playing it close to the vest and not providing a strong outline of what other sources there will be does not encourage those who might look in to see if it is worth coming back. I certainly am not encouraged, made many (250+ on level) kills, no drops, logged out and went back to mmos I had left LOTRO for out of boredom. And if it all revolves around festivals, I won't be back for that. I am utterly sick of the mindless grind of festival dailies, most of them the same dull little quests year after year. I stopped even going near them after the 5th anniversary.

Hmm...*puts tin foil hat on*

I suspect when we see the pre-order bonuses for Helm's Deep, they will be tied in some way to the Bounder's Bounty tokens. Either preordering will just instantly give you tokens, or it may unlock quest(s) that bestow tokens.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c000000171132/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

The landscape drops that people are getting are not the only way to get Bounder's Tokens. Over the course of the event, more ways of getting tokens (and more reliable ways of getting tokens) will appear.
    Were all of the 'reliable' means enabled for testing on Bullroarer? The quest arc for the Birthday celebration didnt appear repeatable, additionally, it required catching NPCs at specific times of day.

While I like the title that's on the T3 deed, it would feel much less daunting if it were on the T1 or T2 deed; As it is I've got to T3 on each character instead of just getting the currency needed to get the mounts for each character after the server unlock.

To give you an idea

That's 2500 Tokens for the T3 title, 1500 for the mount, instead of 1500 for the mount. =~267% of what I'd originally expected to have to invest for each character.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by Lenton View Post
    Hmm...*puts tin foil hat on*

I suspect when we see the pre-order bonuses for Helm's Deep, they will be tied in some way to the Bounder's Bounty tokens. Either preordering will just instantly give you tokens, or it may unlock quest(s) that bestow tokens.
    *adjusts tinfoil hat* and adds

And they drop from the hobbit slot machine, just the thing to encourage people to buy mithril coins for those extra spins.

Quote Originally Posted by Rothan117 View Post
    Playing it close to the vest and not providing a strong outline of what other sources there will be does not encourage those who might look in to see if it is worth coming back.
    That's a good point if the intention was to attract people to stay in the game (or come back to the game) during this time. Honestly, while this is kind of a cute idea, I'm just alt-deeding for TP until I get tired enough to go elsewhere, and if I get a token or two I may turn it in or not. I don't see the current information as interesting enough to make me spend time out of my life on this.

In the event we run out of stuff to barter for, or we aren't 85s, is there any chance we will be allowed to trade bounder tokens for marks when this is all over?

I hope that the tokens you get from Farmer's Faire quests are not limited to certain quests.

I'm seeing many comments about the drop rate, and I wanted to clarify a few things.

The landscape drops that people are getting are not the only way to get Bounder's Tokens. Over the course of the event, more ways of getting tokens (and more reliable ways of getting tokens) will appear. The landscape drops are a passive thing, that're supposed to provide a steady stream of tokens over a long time. The drop rate on the landscape Bounder's Tokens is intentionally low, because it applies to everyone, all the time, for the entire duration of the event. Think of this more like a marathon, than a sprint.

For those concerned about some servers not unlocking the server vendor and Bounder's Boon: we've taken this into account in our numbers. We've set the value at a point where we feel that every server has a reasonable chance to unlock the final rewards. Larger servers will unlock it earlier, and smaller servers will unlock it later, but the number is low enough that it's designed to be reachable for everyone, if they try enough.

I know that the number looks daunting, but we're only a few hours in, with only one way of obtaining tokens open. We've got more tricks up our sleeve, and we're keeping a close eye on this event.
    We need more information about other ways we can get tokens, then. Tease us with something, at least. Saying that sometime, somehow, there will be some other way to get an unspecified number of tokens does nothing to assure me that I'll be able to get enough tokens to get anything interesting. In fact, it makes me worry that this is going to be like the treasure hunt, where there's some one-off something that's going to happen one time and it will be announced the morning of and it will only last a few hours the way the first treasure hunt event did, and that I'll miss it.

I assume this event is supposed to act as a carrot and stick to keep us logged in and engaged and excited leading up to the launch of Helm's Deep. But the way this event is set up, with such high token costs and such a low drop rate and no indication of how else they might eventually be able to get more tokens--or, indeed, unless they happened to read Sapience's post, which I'm guessing most people won't, any indication at all that there even will be a way to get more tokens--the way this is set up, there is no carrot. Or there is, but it's a baby carrot, and it's on a 200-foot-long stick, and the carrot is so tiny and so far away that you can barely see it, so seriously, what's the point in trying to get it? This won't keep people logged in and excited. People will log in for an hour or two, grind some mobs, see they have 10 tokens to reward them for their efforts, do some mental math, and throw up their hands and give up and not bother even trying. That will leave them feeling bitter and frustrated. Not a good way to approach a major expansion pack.
    [color=#FF3366][b]A vote for Saruman is a vote for progress! Vote today![/color][/b]

Quote Originally Posted by seekingerin View Post
    We need more information about other ways we can get tokens, then. Tease us with something, at least.
    From the Developer Diary:
    You can also obtain Bags of Bounder’s Tokens from festival quests, Hobbit Presents and Locked Loot Boxes.
    For me that was enough of a teaser to wait for the festivals (Farmer's Faire? Fall Festival?)
    Ishtarien - Captain
    Ishtarel - Hunter / Lunasa - Minstrel
    Ishtaridas - LRM 105 / Ishtari - RNK 105 / Ishti - BRG 105 / Cabernetta - GRD 105 / Medovinus - BRN 105
    The Mellowship || Eldar -> Evernight

Rumour has it this even was launched in order to prepare us for a delay regarding the launch of Helms Deep.

I like the idea of the whole server working together in order to gain a reward, although some people have already claimed the would not donate a single token so they could get the maxiumum rewards once the magical number of tokens has been donated ...

Really wonder if any of the lower populated servers is ever going to get the buff :/

Quote Originally Posted by Zombielord View Post
    Rumour has it this even was launched in order to prepare us for a delay regarding the launch of Helms Deep.

I like the idea of the whole server working together in order to gain a reward, although some people have already claimed the would not donate a single token so they could get the maxiumum rewards once the magical number of tokens has been donated ...

Really wonder if any of the lower populated servers is ever going to get the buff :/
    As the event is a marathon and not a sprint, those players "holding back" will be waiting a long time if everyone is "holding back". On the other hand, it only matters what you do or do not do. If you hold the tokens, you hold them. If you donate them to the server unlock, then you do that.

I think of them more like the Yule Tokens, you can give them to the poor and get no rewards other than you gave them away freely with an open heart/mind or you can play the scrooge and get the goodies. In this case, if players are going to be the scrooge, they will have to wait on the other players to open the pathway for them.

All it takes is 1 person to give - but it's not going to happen "fast" or even "soon".
    Whoever says “I” creates the “you.” Such is the trap of every conscience. The “I” signifies both solitude and rejection of solitude. Words name things and then replace them. Whoever says tomorrow, denies it. Tomorrow exists only for him who does not seek it. And yesterday? Yesterday is Kolvillàg: a name to forget, a word already forgotten.

The Oath: A Novel by Elie Wiesel

Where did you hear that?

I'll put this in as a bug, but...

All of the Jewellery showing (my level 8 toon was looking) is lvl 85

Similarly, each item in each of the 3 sets Stout/Wiry/Engraved are identical except for the Engraved Bracelet#- it has Tactical Mastery while the other two have Physical Mastery.
    Bill Magill Mac Player Founder/Lifetimer
    Old Timers Guild - Gladden

Val - Man Minstrel (90)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (69)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (105)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (105)
    Valhad - Elf LM (65)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (86)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (70)
    Valanne - Beorning (94)
    Ninth - Man Warden (65)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"

Unreasonable

I'd like to know what they are basing their sever wide effort, are they basing on active players on a sever or just how many on a server, and really they need to make it where you could actually have a chance at the mount...pretty discouraging it this point...who thinks up these things?

Quote Originally Posted by ItzR33 View Post
    I'd like to know what they are basing their sever wide effort, are they basing on active players on a sever or just how many on a server, and really they need to make it where you could actually have a chance at the mount...pretty discouraging it this point...who thinks up these things?
    Turbine actually answered this question a little further up: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...67#post6888067

The Bounder's Bounties are intended to be relevant until Helm's Deep launches, which could still be in mid-December and still meet its target of "Fall 2013".

This isn't an event that's expected to be finished in a week or even a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Valamar View Post
    I'll put this in as a bug, but...

All of the Jewellery showing (my level 8 toon was looking) is lvl 85

Similarly, each item in each of the 3 sets Stout/Wiry/Engraved are identical except for the Engraved Bracelet#- it has Tactical Mastery while the other two have Physical Mastery.
    The jewelry is intended for level 85.

I'm donating every token until Winfola unlocks the extras. If a thousand people join me and earn tokens at the same rate this should only take us a month and a half or so!

If Turbine thinks this drop rate is what they were aiming for, then good luck.

I use to love world events...but life nowadays is more than sitting at a computer for 8 hours straight. That's one of the reasons why you don't see the big raids any more...life beckons.

To give you a comparison to another game which will go unnamed. There is a drop that occurs in that game that when you collect enough, you get something you want. The drop rate is almost automatic, every 8 mins or less of playing time. While you still have to grind to get enough drops to purchase your item, at least it's dropping. If I play LOTRO for 45 mins of fighting mobs, and do not find even one token, this is not fun.

I will try again tomorrow, and maybe even the day after that...but truthfully, I don't expect the drop rate to improve to a point where it's worth my time to participate.

Rak
    Rakulp
    "Honor Above All"

Please re-think the drop rate. - Thank you

While I understand that landscape drops will not always be the only method of obtaining these bounties, rolling out a new event/activity like this, then setting a very low drop rate has provided a real dis-incentive for a lot of folks. Was any thought given to providing at least a psychological boost to keep players interested? For example, raise the server goal by a % if you have to but then raise the drop rate so that players will get what they feel is a reasonable return on their time . As long as players have *something* to look at and justify the time spent grinding, interest will be kept up I believe. It's not a real joy to spend hours killing dozens or hundreds of mobs and getting just 1 or 2 drops (and for many of us, none).

"One RNG to rule them all, One RNG to find them,
    One RNG to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie."

Thank You for listening to the players and upping the drop rate!
    Last edited by Elflord410; Aug 28 2013 at 04:14 PM.
    “And some things that should not have been forgotten were lost. History became legend. Legend became myth. And for two and a half thousand years, the ring passed out of all knowledge.”
    ? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Quote Originally Posted by Eartholloth View Post
    Where did you hear that?
    "Rumour has it that..." = "It just came to my mind as a thought and i thought it was cool to present it as a rumour"

On other news, just because somebody implied that the drop rate is connected to whether you've first taken the quest from the Hobbit in the Michel Delving area, here's what i did :

Logged in with my 85, went in MC where my friend who was already there and was looking at the rewards. We both took the quest for the 50 tokens and started farming while on a fellowship. Killed 5 mobs in Shire, then wen to Snowbourne killed 20 mobs and then to Great River killed 20 mobs.
    We both got nothing. I logged out.
    Then my friend went to level his alts. At least then the grind would be levelling him up. 2-3 hours after still no tokens. I did not ask how many mobs he killed.

If the drop rate was like the "Tin/Metal/etc Tokens" on the Anniversary Festival we wouldn't have complaints.

As of 6:11 PM EST I had received 15 tokens. I now have a grand total of 70 (after almost 6 hours of non-stop questing/killing). -.-
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/102 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 105 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

the drop rate is horrible, really. i like the event, the idea is cool, but i thought that the drop rate will be at least like the tokens in the anniversary, based on the huge prices on things. HOW am i supposed to gain more then 1000 tokens for the steed, and around 2000 more for the awesome jewelry for me and my alt (and this prices are only for the cheap vendor)? and, of course, while donating a lot too.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast