We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    What I would like to know is if anyone has acquired a token from a mob kill yet?

I'm also surprised to see the server-level vendor phased in already. ; This makes me wonder if the deed gates aren't working exactly like bullroarer.
    After ~140 mobs I called it quits.

Great way to make what would have been a fun effort that could have gotten a lot of participation and enthusiasm dead by ridiculous RNG. I would *hope* it's a bug... but yea. *shakes head* I won't be actively participating now, unlike how I did with the last server wide effort back in 2008.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/dgoqrr.jpg[/IMG]
    RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle[B]
    Landroval[/B]: [SIZE=1]LAERLIN ([URL="http://tinyurl.com/laerlin"]Bio + Drawings[/URL]) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND ([URL="http://tinyurl.com/aethelind"]Bio + Drawing[/URL]) • NETHAEL[/SIZE][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][URL="http://tinyurl.com/mnwbbbq"]Make LOTRO Housing Fun & Profitable![/URL] • [URL="http://tinyurl.com/m33b8be"]New Dye Color Suggestions![/URL][/CENTER]

No token drops seen after an hour playing on Imladris. By me anyway.

If anyone has seen any tokens, can you confirm about the bind to whatever status?

Just got a bag of five tokens after about 45 minutes of killing stuff.

Moln: Tokens go to the barter wallet and are account shared.

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    What I would like to know is if anyone has acquired a token from a mob kill yet?

I'm also surprised to see the server-level vendor phased in already. ; This makes me wonder if the deed gates aren't working exactly like bullroarer.
    I have gotten two bags of tokens from killing orcs in Dimrill Dale. Not sure how many mobs I killed but am pretty sure it was less than 50.

Ran around the Norcrofts today doing quests on a lvl 80 character for about half an hour, got one bag of 10 tokens from some mob or other (I found it in my pending loot).

Quote Originally Posted by Nyrion View Post
    THANK. YOU.

Nice to see you thought ahead on this one.
    Agreed. Thanks for considering the pvmp implications.

over an hour farming mobs in galtrev area and nothing
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000009a95a/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

100 level 85 mobs resulted in no tokens. I then switched to a level 15 character and got a bag of five tokens from my 38th kill (level 17 bandit in Bree).

Been multiboxing my 6 burgs since the game was up again until 15 minutes ago. Killing anything i encounter, and mobs dropped dead in 2 seconds. Got a total of 115 tokens, while 1 burg didn't get any. Between 5 and 20 tokens per bag for me.

Based on a quick evaluation of the of the number of tokens required to get all the deeds and mounts against the apparent drop rate I will say one thing...

The intention of this 'event' is to keep people logging in until HD launches... I predict it will have the opposite effect and annoy people so much that they actively decide to stop logging in because of the horrendous grind associated with it.

250 kills while questing in East Wall and Norcrofts and not a single drop.

With that drop rate it is not encouraging me to log in again, back to the other mmos I have been playing.

Quote Originally Posted by EdgeCase View Post
    The Bounder's Boon buff is disabled for both sides in the Ettenmoors.
    Can you post the drop rate of tokens please so I can crunch the math on the event and decide if the required time is worth the potential reward? From my observations it seems so comically low I can only think it is bugged and not WAI.

I logged in on an alt on Imladris, killed roughly 20 mobs, and got a bag.

I think some folks might be overthinking the drop rate thing. Just saying.
    [FONT=palatino linotype][SIZE=2][COLOR=#b22222]LilyRose of Gladden[/COLOR][COLOR=#b22222], Mistress of the Rangers of the West Kinship. Come check out our kin at[/COLOR][URL="http://rangerswest.guildlaunch.com"][COLOR=#b22222] rangerswest.guildlaunch.com[/COLOR][/URL][COLOR=#b22222].[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Bhoris_they_spider View Post
    Can you post the drop rate of tokens please so I can crunch the math on the event and decide if the required time is worth the potential reward? From my observations it seems so comically low I can only think it is bugged and not WAI.
    Check the barter guy, check if you could use anything (remember first agers will be useless on lvl95, and probably if you grind every day you will be able to barter 1 just before the expansion)

Conclude pretty much nothing is useful Maybe the mount, but that is 1500 tokens lol.

I have easily killed far more than 500 mobs across two toons and NOTHING. I had one player tell me though they had 7 drops on less than 50 mobs killed (and no I dont' know their validity only going by what they told me on brandywine). Crazy stupid if it is as hit and miss as that. Yes I realize that it shouldn't be anyone's main focus to collect bounder bounties, but you'd expect to get at least one drop out of 500 kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Astarte View Post
    I logged in on an alt on Imladris, killed roughly 20 mobs, and got a bag.

I think some folks might be overthinking the drop rate thing. Just saying.
    Consider me "some folks" then...45 mins...nada.

No incentive whatsoever to continue.

Please post again if you keep getting a bag every 20 mobs...as one drop does not determine whether the ratio is correct. As you can see from those who have posted earlier, many of us are getting abysmal or no drop rate whatsoever. There is too much more to life than to spend time on a quest that is frustrating at best to most who are at least trying to participate.

Rak
    Rakulp
    "Honor Above All"

spent some time in trestlebridge and got a bag of 20 and then quested in lone lands after a while and got another bag of 20, i dont mind the drop rate, wish it would be a bit better but i'll be grinding anyways since my mini is only 27 at the moment

Farmed level 85's for an hour and not a single drop. I want the warsteed, but at this drop rate my time is better spent working towards a decent companion in Neverwinter.

Perhaps lower level areas have the better drop rate? Reading through this thread seems like non-85's are the ones reporting drops. Sadly I don't have more time to try on a lower level alt today.
    [CENTER][IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61519228/lotroforumsig.jpg[/IMG]
    [SIZE=2][COLOR="#9999ff"]Freeps: Lavendel - Rinoril - Lavendeleth - Lavendelita - Therrin
    Creeps: Makimut - Makinid[/COLOR][/CENTER][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by DutchEZmoder View Post
    Check the barter guy, check if you could use anything (remember first agers will be useless on lvl95, and probably if you grind every day you will be able to barter 1 just before the expansion)

Conclude pretty much nothing is useful Maybe the mount, but that is 1500 tokens lol.

I just wanted the deeds and mounts... Deed requires 50*50 tokens i.e 2500 + 1500 for the mount so lets say 4000 tokens total.

It took me around 4 hours of mob grinding for 50 tokens... so lets say if I want the deeds + the mounts I'm looking at 320 hours of mob grinding i.e. just over 13 days of being logged in to lotro between now and HD launch?

I REQUEST THE DEV WHO DESIGNED THIS EVENT TO COMMENT IF THESE ARE THE INTENDED NUMBERS OR IF THE DROP RATE IS BROKEN?

The time sink element seems an order of magnitude higher than it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhoris_they_spider View Post
    I just wanted the deeds and mounts... Deed requires 50*50 tokens i.e 2500 + 1500 for the mount so lets say 4000 tokens total.

It took me around 4 hours of mob grinding for 50 tokens... so lets say if I want the deeds + the mounts I'm looking at 320 hours of mob grinding i.e. just over 13 days of being logged in to lotro between now and HD launch?

I REQUEST THE DEV WHO DESIGNED THIS EVENT TO COMMENT IF THESE ARE THE INTENDED NUMBERS OR IF THE DROP RATE IS BROKEN?

The time sink element seems an order of magnitude higher than it should be.
    Did someone announce HD is happening in 13 days? Can I get a link to the post?
    Whoever says “I” creates the “you.” Such is the trap of every conscience. The “I” signifies both solitude and rejection of solitude. Words name things and then replace them. Whoever says tomorrow, denies it. Tomorrow exists only for him who does not seek it. And yesterday? Yesterday is Kolvillàg: a name to forget, a word already forgotten.

The Oath: A Novel by Elie Wiesel

Quote Originally Posted by SabrielofLorien View Post
    Did someone announce HD is happening in 13 days? Can I get a link to the post?
    You read that incorrectly. He's saying he'd have to be online for a total of 13 days of play time in order to get the deeds and mount.
    Assuming the expansion is 2 months away (it's probably a little longer) that's about 6 hours of play time a day in order to get the deed and mount stuff.

In the few hours since the servers came back up, I looted two bags, one with 10 and one with 20 tokens in it. These numbers look even more curious when you add in the fact that I looted one Sturdy Steel Key and three(!) Lootboxes.

Taking into account that this event will run several weeks and even months, the low drop rate makes sense. Turbine needs to space out thing a bit so we won't be through with the event too soon. But in my opinion, it would feel less disappointing if the total number of tokens required where increased by ten and the drop-rate for tokens went up by ten as well. It'd take roughly the same time until the event was completed then, but each individual player would loot tokens with a higher frequency than now and would actually feel like they woul make some headway with contributing to the server balance.

EdgeCaseed is offline The Lord of the Rings Online Team
    Turbine, Inc.
    I'm seeing many comments about the drop rate, and I wanted to clarify a few things.

The landscape drops that people are getting are not the only way to get Bounder's Tokens. Over the course of the event, more ways of getting tokens (and more reliable ways of getting tokens) will appear. The landscape drops are a passive thing, that're supposed to provide a steady stream of tokens over a long time. The drop rate on the landscape Bounder's Tokens is intentionally low, because it applies to everyone, all the time, for the entire duration of the event. Think of this more like a marathon, than a sprint.

For those concerned about some servers not unlocking the server vendor and Bounder's Boon: we've taken this into account in our numbers. We've set the value at a point where we feel that every server has a reasonable chance to unlock the final rewards. Larger servers will unlock it earlier, and smaller servers will unlock it later, but the number is low enough that it's designed to be reachable for everyone, if they try enough.

I know that the number looks daunting, but we're only a few hours in, with only one way of obtaining tokens open. We've got more tricks up our sleeve, and we're keeping a close eye on this event.

Personally, I am saddened by the lack of lower level rewards. Not everyone that participates is going to be level 85 and need lvl 85 jewelery. Yes, there are house decorations and a mount, but other than 'decorations' there really is no reward in participating in turning them in.

Quote Originally Posted by Laire View Post
    After ~140 mobs I called it quits.

Great way to make what would have been a fun effort that could have gotten a lot of participation and enthusiasm dead by ridiculous RNG. I would *hope* it's a bug... but yea. *shakes head* I won't be actively participating now, unlike how I did with the last server wide effort back in 2008.
    Sums things up for me. Spend over an hour running lvl 85 6-mans with my minstrel's kin. Got 2 bags. One had 10 tokens and the other had 5 tokens. But at that rate... yeah, no thanks. I really wanted the steed (on all 9 toons) but now I doubt I'll get it on even one toon at this rate. *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Tirian-Hammerfist View Post
    Say its 150 per 10 tokens (I've heard the smallest amount you can receive is in 10).
    So far 5 is the lowest I have received. I got a 5 and a 10.

As for deeds - How do we know what status we have for the deeds? And how do deeds effect the rewards? I don't see any deed requirements listed anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by EdgeCase View Post
    I'm seeing many comments about the drop rate, and I wanted to clarify a few things.

The landscape drops that people are getting are not the only way to get Bounder's Tokens. Over the course of the event, more ways of getting tokens (and more reliable ways of getting tokens) will appear. The landscape drops are a passive thing, that're supposed to provide a steady stream of tokens over a long time. The drop rate on the landscape Bounder's Tokens is intentionally low, because it applies to everyone, all the time, for the entire duration of the event. Think of this more like a marathon, than a sprint.

For those concerned about some servers not unlocking the server vendor and Bounder's Boon: we've taken this into account in our numbers. We've set the value at a point where we feel that every server has a reasonable chance to unlock the final rewards. Larger servers will unlock it earlier, and smaller servers will unlock it later, but the number is low enough that it's designed to be reachable for everyone, if they try enough.

I know that the number looks daunting, but we're only a few hours in, with only one way of obtaining tokens open. We've got more tricks up our sleeve, and we're keeping a close eye on this event.
    I'm glad to get some official imput on this. Is there any tentative schedule you can share to give players an idea of what they may expect? I'm not saying to tell us when HD launches or whatever. But knowing: how many festivals there will be, how long those festivals will last, how many bounty tokens we can earn running the festivals, etc.... would be great. IE: Is it plausible that a player with multiple toons (say, 9 ) can get the war-steed cosmetics for all toons without going insane? Having the tokens account-wide is great because that means I can play my favorite toon the majority of the time (barring having to complete any deeds on my alts). But still... I really want the cosmetics for all my toons. ^_^
    Last edited by Mar-Evayave; Aug 26 2013 at 07:13 PM.
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of [U][B]Riddermark[/B][/U]ed For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ [U][B]Landroval[/B][/U]

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast