We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Taramthir View Post
    Can't speak for anywhere else but Monday's a public holiday here in the UK - hope the servers won't be down too long.
    Downtime for U.S. is 7am-12pm EST. That's 4am-9am for the Californian Coast, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    That's what I get for not writing labels in as I was going. That line must be the total I obtained from spending $60 worth of mithril

I hope you'll share the screenshots of the vendor so people have a rough idea what to plan for prior to the vendor phasing in. =)
    If people are right about it being the same number for MoM, then we have to get 70,000 total if LotRO-Wiki is correct.

Can you reveal the amount of funds the Bounders which to Obtain?
    On Bullroarer, it was 1,750,000 Bounder's Tokens.
    Last edited by DEATHKNYGHT; Aug 25 2013 at 04:55 PM.

Is this statue going to reference specific characters? Will credit for donations be per character or by account? Or is it just a matter of sense of satisfaction that it gets completed at all?

For any who did not see it, An Open Letter from the Bounders of the Shire was published in the Developer Diaries section. It does not give much more information than the The Bounder’s Bounty Developer Diary (which is probably why Sapience chose not to mention it), but it is nice to see the information presented from a lore perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofHermes View Post
    This buff, is it disabled in Ettenmoors or no?
    I hope so! The creeps are underpowered enough as it is! (Though, if the buff is available to creeps as well, it will not be quite so bad... as long as the +1 hope actually does something for creeps, which I do not believe it does.)
    Gimli's First Law of Tanking:

"Certainty of death? Small chance of success? What are we waiting for?"

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHKNYGHT View Post
    On Bullroarer, it was 1,750,000 Bounder's Tokens.
    If that number is the number that will be going live, I feel for the ones who are on low populated servers like Gilrain. There gonna have some probs I think getting this done.

Looking forward to this!

Well, I'm definitely looking forward to this event! I like it that it runs longer and next to the normal festivals! A fun thing to return to after having been out of Lotro for a while with Writing and other RL events
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHKNYGHT View Post
    For any who did not see it, An Open Letter from the Bounders of the Shire was published in the Developer Diaries section. It does not give much more information than the The Bounder’s Bounty Developer Diary (which is probably why Sapience chose not to mention it), but it is nice to see the information presented from a lore perspective.
    Wow, I've just read it and I think it's fun we get this letter! Indeed, keeping up with the lore is a good thing
    Last edited by Shriya; Aug 26 2013 at 05:37 AM.
    Country: Netherlands, Current Server: Nimrodel. Future server: Landroval
    Sheherezi's an Eastemnet Cook & Farmer

Will creeps get a similar buff when the goal is reached? +3% damage, +1% morale and +5% OOC run speed seems pretty powerful on top of the current freep DPS + rank damage/morale bonuses.

does this buff work in the moors also? If so good - freeps need some moar buffs
    argio r11 burglar | trytofarmme r10 reaver | trytoloveme r10 spider | ikissedafreep r10 blackarrow | roargh r9 warleader | trytocatchme r9 warg |

2 days later, any chance for a blue name reply? It seems pretty important.
    [I]In the sea without lees standeth the Bird of Hermes.
    [/I][I]When all his feathers be from him gone, He standeth still here as a stone.
    Here is now both white and red, And all so the stone to quicken the dead[/I][I].
    The Bird of Hermes is my name, Eating my wings to make me tame.[/I]

My Home is the Moors, roaming around .....
    Probably not just so that freeps will be even more OP'd during this time

With Turbine & no blue name in not answering shows they totally, as ever, forgot about the Moors, what effects it'll do in here and forgot about creeps yet again
    [CENTER]BiteMarks
    ~ the names Marks .... BiteMarks ~
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by arghh View Post
    does this buff work in the moors also? If so good - freeps need some moar buffs
    Freeps need more buffs when one unranked freep champion can just about solo a rank 5 Warleader and rank 3 Reaver working in tandem? No, I still think the creeps need an update. Their health/power and damage look an awful lot like what I remember from level 75 days...
    Gimli's First Law of Tanking:

"Certainty of death? Small chance of success? What are we waiting for?"

i really like this, can't wait to get into the game and travel to Michel Delving right then, feels like this is what the game needs right now, and although it might not be as exciting as some big events in other mmos when tons of people fight a huge boss together and such, but it's sure going to make people feel like they are working on something together and that is indeed very nice

EdgeCaseed is offline The Lord of the Rings Online Team
    Turbine, Inc.
    The Bounder's Boon buff is disabled for both sides in the Ettenmoors.

Was the bind-on-acquire change to the housing items really necessary? Bind-to-Account would have been SO much handier if you wanted to avoid the cross-account purchases and it'd have let us redecorate MUCH easier.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

OUCH some pretty SWEEET stuff (jewllery, storeitems etc) just for some random tokens that you don't have to work for. HOPE the droprate is rare.
    And what to creeps get - 5comms for 1 token. GG

At least give some sigils. noobies need maps + traits
    argio r11 burglar | trytofarmme r10 reaver | trytoloveme r10 spider | ikissedafreep r10 blackarrow | roargh r9 warleader | trytocatchme r9 warg |

What I would like to know is if anyone has acquired a token from a mob kill yet?

I'm also surprised to see the server-level vendor phased in already. ; This makes me wonder if the deed gates aren't working exactly like bullroarer.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

What I would like to know is if anyone has acquired a token from a mob kill yet?

I'm also surprised to see the server-level vendor phased in already. ; This makes me wonder if the deed gates aren't working exactly like bullroarer.

300 mobs kills on Eldar in wildermore nothing yet .
    "The internet is a bubble dominated by the loudest, most unrepresentative voices; an infinitesimally small minority of a minority which, deaf to reason and the opinions of others, deludes itself that somehow it is the voice of the majority. An infinite echo chamber of shrieking, witless banality."

Yes, I got a [Bag of Bounder's Tokens] from a level 7 wolf in the Shire. Players across Brandywine are getting them from mobs of all levels. It seems to be similar to the metal tokens from the anniversary festival: if a mob can drop loot, it can drop a bag of tokens.

I'm a little disappointed that the first 5 tokens I donated (for the auto-bestowed quest) did not appear to count toward my server's goal of 1.75 million tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by EdgeCase View Post
    The Bounder's Boon buff is disabled for both sides in the Ettenmoors.
    THANK. YOU.

Nice to see you thought ahead on this one.

Really don't wanna piss anyone off, but this seems like a MAJOR grind. Not in the sense that we have to gather 1,750,000 tokens, but in the sense that their drop rate is -i think- similar to that of Loot-Boxes. Killed 50 mobs while duoing with a friend and both of us got no tokens at all...i don't expect people to jump on that and contribute with this drop rate.

A large bag of tokens from the free Silver Present gave 25 tokens. I just hope the drop rates from mobs aren't as bad as lootboxes.
    Superior Grand Master Spectator of Wall-Paint Drying

Somewhat stingy drop rates...

About 50 mobs (orcs, goblins, crebain) downed around weathertop and not a single token. About 30 wolves and some spiders and goblins in the Shire and not a single token. I'd love to get the horse but at this rate I'll be lucky to be able to barter anything at all from the vendor. But I guess I might just have been unlucky. Hopefully the drop rates picks up. But if they don't this will probably be just another grind that I won't bother with.

/M

152 orcs killed in Byre Tor, Wildermore, so far. Nothing at all. Say its 150 per 10 tokens (I've heard the smallest amount you can receive is in 10). So therefore, to get the mount (which costs 1500), and this is if I were not to contribute to the overall server amount, I'd have to kill over (and this is because I've actually killed 152 and not got a present yet) 22500 mobs, which is quite frankly, nuts. Now, if its the case that I'm having spectacularly bad luck, then it seems that Turbine are back to their old tricks of making valuable things utterly random, such as the golden recipes and the drops of golden items (this, alongside a lack of locks for instances is one of the reasons why so many raiders/end-game players have left LOTRO). Has it not been understood yet that such randomness is not the way to reward the grinding and effort which many people are happy to put in? They don't mind working for it, they simply want to know that the reward is achievable - like the Winter Festival for instance. That took some serious grinding, but I, and others that I knew, were happy to do the grinding, because we saw the great things that we could get out of it. But introducing the factor of such randomness was a problem with the instance loot, and its going to be a problem with this too.
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast