We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10
    Quote Originally Posted by LoganNJ View Post
    One thing i don't understand: Why is everyone complaining about the drop rate?

This event isn't about grinding tokens, it's about getting tokens while you move on.

Questing, finishing slayer deeds etc. these tokens are just a bonus drop as far as i'm concerned.

Cheers,
    Nicholas
    I'll try to explain.
    Server needs 1,75 million tokens (1.750.000) to unlock barter items. For example, Withywindle had some 500.000 tokens donated.
    That was good as long as tokenz dropped at all.
    Starting yesterday, I killed many many enemies only to get some 80 tokens. These were >100 Angmarim in ANnuminas, tens of Limfarn in Evendim and several hundred Lossoth in Forochel.
    Untill de facto disappearance from loot, tokens were something that made me do all forgotten slayer deeds. It wasn't meaningless "oh well, Gauredan number 236 killed, Gauredains number 237 and 238 on approach, come on, still 762 of them to kill". It was a motivation: yes, I grind Gauredan number 236, but hey, I will get tokenz, I could grind for some 5000 and then donate on my other 2 toons!
    Now situation is that:
    1) I can't afford donating any token. It is highly possible I am not alone in this;
    2) there is no promised "steady income of bounder tokens". Since standard bag is 5 tokens - do they mean I have to run across all the SHire, looking for senseless carrots...only to have entire 5 tokens;
    3) since I can't donate and almost can't grind - I have no bounder tokens income, excluding "go to Bywater, receive 5 tokenz" daily quest. But wait, if I have zero tokens and want 2500 tokens - I will need 500 days of logging-in. It is unrealistic, therefore many servers may stagnate, unable to reach 1,75 million goal.

Situation before "festival" downgrade was just good, it needed no changes. Lower tier instances were overrun by players, fellowships formed very quickly and monsters were slain everywhere. I suppose I wasn't the only player who did some slayer deeds, even boring ones, because of tokens. It was just a joy for me, something done in a good way and I was thinking about finishing rest (otherwise - very grindy) slayer deeds, running instances - just for tokens.

Now we have a serious disappointing downgrade. Can't understand what was wrong if player is allowed to earn 25 bounder tokens a day, when previously he could earn that much in one hour? Are tokens exchangable to real-life currency? mithril coins? can any good be purchased in Lotro store/market with them? Then why to downgrade?

The drop rate decreased? Hmm... I better check that out. Token bags for me have gone everywhere from 5 to 70 tokens apiece, sometimes having the entire spectrum between one and the next (although more commonly a 5 is followed by a 10 or another 5, sometimes a 20, very rarely a 50 or 70.) I have only run festival quests since the festival started (my time being limited) but I'll watch what I get running characters around like I was doing before and post what I see here, also. If I don't get much of anything questing in Moria this time, I'll be sure to post that fact here. ^^

Angry token productivity

i am totally disappointed that it takes up to 20 minutes or more to possibly get a bag of tokens that may contain 5-10 tokens if you are lucky . a few days ago i collected over 1000 tokens in a few hours and since this farmers faire started i have not gotten one drop from random mobs and have played for over 50 hours on multiple characters. makes me despise the festival and question the method. some servers were fortunate enough to finish the 1,750,000 tokens before the festival started and basically put a stop to the bag drops from mobs. this is bogus.
    Last edited by macspeed; Sep 06 2013 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by macspeed View Post
    if you are lucky enough to get a bag at all from festival quest completion.
    Every Farmer's Faire festival quest gives you a bag on completion.

Only the games where you can lose are ones you can't get all the time.

Note. Manning hte market doesnt give one, because it is a wrapper for the ~6 quests you get while doing it, each of which give a bag.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by macspeed View Post
    i am totally disappointed that it takes up to 20 minutes or more to possibly get a bag of tokens that may contain 5-10 tokens if you are lucky . a few days ago i collected over 1000 tokens in a few hours and since this farmers faire started i have not gotten one drop from random mobs and have played for over 50 hours on multiple characters. makes me despise the festival and question the method. some servers were fortunate enough to finish the 1,750,000 tokens before the festival started and basically put a stop to the bag drops from mobs. this is bogus.
    If it is 20 minutes, it is extremely good rate even for 5 tokens.
    Statistic: had 3310 bounders tokens. Yesterday ended with 3415. Mathematic: 105 tokens for almost all-day play. You are super lucky to get such good drop rate. I would not complain about that.

Feedback? You really want my feedback? Ok, here goes...

This Bounders Bounty want to be festival is the dumbest idea ever to be implemented in any MMO ever. I am partly leaving because of it. Firstly, you expect me to collect thousands of bounders tokens and simply turn them in and lose them just to unlock the server. Thousands of tokens thrown in the trash for what? So other people who didn't do squat can use the server vendor without turning in a single token for reward? And what do I get for throwing all my work down in the trash, a stupid name title I will never use that means garbage? Wow (clap clap clap)! You expect people to work for others for nothing but an expense and in the end get nothing for it and have to work even harder to be able to get anything for themselves.

Lets try this out you dumb %&%^*^%'s. Next time you go and buy a pizza, we should make it a law in Boston that you have to buy a pizza for everyone in the restaurant before you buy one for yourself. Then, after you buy one for everyone else (all the lazy do nothings) then we will let you buy one for yourself at half price. Does that sound like a great deal to you you dumb ^(*^*(&^'s? This is the dumbest idea in the history of MMO. Obviously, you guys are a bunch of welfare tards who think that half your money should go to those who do nothing but live off the man right?

Ok, so, developers, the new rule is that you donate the first half of your pay to the government before you actually can spend any of your leftover money for yourself. That's basically what your dumb idea is for your servers.

Then, instead of stopping the cheaters and hacker in Germany, you shut down the drop rate (income rate) for everyone who didn't cheat to get a ton of bounders tokens. So, after people stupidly turn in all the tokens that they got when the Germans were cheating, now it will take them 10 times longer to get back what they gave away to the trash can. (clap clap clap) thats called your classic bait and switch fruad scheme. Did you know that? WHat you morons have done is akin to doing a bait and switch and screw over to all your non cheating, multiboxing, mouse botting, players.

Congratulations, you guys are the worst developers in the history of MMO. You should all be fired.

I sincerely hope the drop rate for the token bags is raised back to what it was when the festival is over. And that if something like this ever happens again, the drop rate is never lowered even if the bags are a reward at festivals. In my opinion, t's better for something like this to be too easy and enjoyable for everyone (status is quickly completed) than too hard and punish small servers + encourage people to not turn in tokens.

As the follow up to my previous post, I can confirm that the drop rate is significantly lower. 1 bag from 2 hours questing in Moria and 1 from 3 hours PvEing in Ettenmoors. So about 20 tokens in 5 hours, where I was getting 200-300 before. I am not getting the same rate in the festival (partly because I get so sick of the quests after 1 or 2 characters that I don't go back--I am no fisherman, and I'm getting sick of all the repetitive text over hobbits' heads. I like some of the housing rewards, though, so I'll stick with it a while longer. ^^)

I agree with Anharmon; I hope the drop rate is increased once more when the Farmer's Faire ends. There was more variety in going back to do missed deeds, or running around the Moors doing map quests with the occasional PvP skirmish over them than there is in festival quests. Those are almost the same thing over and over again for a couple hours every day (versus a different region for slayer/quest deeds every few days.)

I am enjoying this event very much, and I hope we will see more events that encourage all the players to cooperate toward the achievement of a goal for their server. I realize that the drop rate of the bounder tokens is a problem to some people, but it does not bother me much. My server (Vilya) will get there at its own pace, and I fully expect to be able to get the horse for at least my main.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinkhan View Post

This Bounders Bounty want to be festival is the dumbest idea ever to be implemented in any MMO ever. I am partly leaving because of it. Firstly, you expect me to collect thousands of bounders tokens and simply turn them in and lose them just to unlock the server. Thousands of tokens thrown in the trash for what? So other people who didn't do squat can use the server vendor without turning in a single token for reward? And what do I get for throwing all my work down in the trash, a stupid name title I will never use that means garbage? Wow (clap clap clap)! You expect people to work for others for nothing but an expense and in the end get nothing for it and have to work even harder to be able to get anything for themselves.

Lets try this out you dumb %&%^*^%'s. Next time you go and buy a pizza, we should make it a law in Boston that you have to buy a pizza for everyone in the restaurant before you buy one for yourself. Then, after you buy one for everyone else (all the lazy do nothings) then we will let you buy one for yourself at half price. Does that sound like a great deal to you you dumb ^(*^*(&^'s? This is the dumbest idea in the history of MMO. Obviously, you guys are a bunch of welfare tards who think that half your money should go to those who do nothing but live off the man right?

Ok, so, developers, the new rule is that you donate the first half of your pay to the government before you actually can spend any of your leftover money for yourself. That's basically what your dumb idea is for your servers.

Then, instead of stopping the cheaters and hacker in Germany, you shut down the drop rate (income rate) for everyone who didn't cheat to get a ton of bounders tokens. So, after people stupidly turn in all the tokens that they got when the Germans were cheating, now it will take them 10 times longer to get back what they gave away to the trash can. (clap clap clap) thats called your classic bait and switch fruad scheme. Did you know that? WHat you morons have done is akin to doing a bait and switch and screw over to all your non cheating, multiboxing, mouse botting, players.

Congratulations, you guys are the worst developers in the history of MMO. You should all be fired.
    Ehm, you're forgetting that they already did such an event before - to unlock the 2nd part of the first volume of the epic books shortly before MoM.

And the idea is just a community improving project of working together to get something. There could be another example: so there are people who pay no taxes and aren't working, nontheless they get money from the state to live. So because these some people aren't paying taxes and aren't working (maybe they simply aren't able to do so) you decide to don't work and pay taxes, too. You know what? This is an irrational consequence. The same like all your examples...

The community of a server should work together and just because there are some people who aren't contributing to them (maybe they just cannot) you are condemming the whole thing as stupid? There are always people who can't contribute or who don't want to. Just take a step in front of your door. This is life and this game is played by people and humans are like this. But do you know: What you're saying is selfish and therefore you aren't better than the people who don't contribute.

Why you're making these accusations? Proofs? Evidences? Anything that help you with these prejudges and premature statements? A apology would be more appropirate.

Normally I wouldn't be asking if there's any news on when we can expect the bug fix for the bounty deed, but I forgot to write down which character I turned in tokens on 9th. Sadly. character #9 and #10 are both below 45 so until the deed is fixed I have no way of verifying it.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Man I could not Day this any better myself. I thought this guy was reading my mind I had to cll my wife into ready this just to see if i was sleep writing *LOL*

I know just how mad he is because i feel just as frustrated

I would like to point out how thsi Festival was supposed to go In the workd of the Devs them self.

he Bounder’s Bounty Developer Diary
    By Aubergine

Well, hello there! Aubergine here, and as the good hobbits have had me quite busy in helping them set up their fundraising campaign, thought I’d take the time to share some of the details with you.
    The Bounder’s Bounty will run until the release of Helm’s Deep. Unlike a more traditional festival, you participate by simply by logging in and playing LOTRO just as you normally do. You’ll just need to include some occasional trips to Michel Delving. <--------- I don't see in this statement where is says I would have to grind Festivals till my eyes bleed.

I have been here a few years now and the festivals don't hold the shine they once did for me Truth I am sick of them I use that to to do beer. I have no interest in 200 point horses and tacky outfits. I would much rather have been out doing deeds and finishing up favor. and I can do that without getting a ton of XP I don't want from running festivals. For me the fun went right out the festivals the day they started giving XP.
    I have enough grey mobs to kill that by time I see color in my mobs again I will have thought I went color blind.

I really was looking forward to this Bounder thing. It seems like it was going to be the perfect answer to my problem. I finally could participate in a event and not make more work for myself to kill even more grey mobs when it was done.

I thought this was going a fun for once!! I have no clue why the reduced the drop rates but it not fair plus they ruined the idea of the bounder thing altogether. I do not want to grind mad Fesivals for tokens I want to grind mad slayers and finish up old quest.

I could even think to donate tokens my wife and I ran 2 night in a row for 8 hours to get like 45 tokens and after 8 hours do you think i was going to turn them in toward so dumb title. Not on a bet!! No way in H+ll !! This event has turned into a nightmare. I wanted to run the Fall fest for the new horse but that is going to be a mad house with every one trying to to get bounder tokens.

I don't think is at all fair to flood one festival with folks that are not even there for that festival. It will be stuffed to hilt with pep's doing the bounder bad,

You guys said that this was going to be a different kind of event. Whats do different we still Have to run the same festival to get tokens because they don't drop like they should.

This event was so disappointing, I just could not find the desire to buy the new expansion after I feel that LOTRO gave me the High Hard one. It not like I need it I only by the expansions to support the game. I have been here more then 2 years and since I have like 150 characters I have never so much as seen ROI or ROR and I bought both. I would have bought it but this last event was the straw.

The first few days the drops rates where so bad I did not even know the event was running the for a week it dropped them fair. I mean from the way it was stated in the DEVS Diary. This was not going to be another mad grinding session. We where supposed get the reward just from normal game play and questing.

So Someone please explain how with normal questing I will ever get a horse and or Tarnished Symbol of Celebrimbor For like more then 1 character. Please for the Love of God set the drop rate back to about the same as it was about 3 or 4 days after the event started. You guys could still save this event for going down as the worst event of all time. Because it stays like it is that is sure how it will be remembered.

We already are losing to many players and this one is so easy to fix just reset the drop rate and I am sure guys like me and Sinkhan will go on dumping out money in the game for at least till the next bonehead move like this bounder event or should I say Blunder event!!

Just one time how about keeping your word and make this event like You said I just want to be able to back to questing aan killing for my tokens

Quote Originally Posted by NaktiesKarys View Post
    If it is 20 minutes, it is extremely good rate even for 5 tokens.
    Statistic: had 3310 bounders tokens. Yesterday ended with 3415. Mathematic: 105 tokens for almost all-day play. You are super lucky to get such good drop rate. I would not complain about that.
    Your Joking right 100 tokens a day good. Now lets see 100 tokens and 50 tokens to donate. I mean really how many hours a day do you think a person should have to play to get anything out of this.

I mean really. Most people have to work for a living they have lives, So I would say at best this event should be planned around normal working fool with lives and wife. How many hours in a week do you think normal real life people have for this Farce. Let say they get one day on the weekend and play 8 hours 3 hour on a friday nite and maybe 3 more hours on a sunday afternoon.
    So on the weekend that maybe 15 to 16 hours and the rest of the week maybe 2 hour a nite. So with that in mind this even to fair would mean it should be based on about 25 hours a week over 6 weeks that could out to about 300 tokens a week just to get something on one character. at 1 horse for the whole event on one character.

When this even got started I was getting 500 tokens a nite and donating about 200. You have to remember there are still server that have to get unlocked and when the drop rate is this low nobody wants to donate,

They need to get this drop rat to about 100 tokens a hour that was what you could earn running the farmers Fesival and this was not supposed to require anything more then normal Playing and questing. There should not have to be any grinding according to the statement made by the Dev's they said nothing more then normal questing that wa all you would need to do *LOL* YA right!

Quote Originally Posted by Anharmon View Post
    I sincerely hope the drop rate for the token bags is raised back to what it was when the festival is over. And that if something like this ever happens again, the drop rate is never lowered even if the bags are a reward at festivals. In my opinion, t's better for something like this to be too easy and enjoyable for everyone (status is quickly completed) than too hard and punish small servers + encourage people to not turn in tokens.
    Your right the drop rate should not have gone down because they have a special even running no one should be forced to run festivals for tokens The Dev's said normal play. I normally get 2 goats form every festival that I can make and 2 horses from the Ale and the inn league so if I have to run special stuff for bounder tokens it takes away for the runs I can get done doing my Beer runs. These are Rep mounts not cheesy festival mounts.

I lost out on 4 mounts during the last festival already because there was not time for both

PvE fun is all good and well, when kept in PvE land. Keep the bloody PvP bonusses from Bounders out of The Moors allready.

2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    Suggestions to make Bounders Bounty more fair to the casual player, and encourage people to quest, rather than grind mobs or wait for festivals.

Bounders Bags should be given in the following circumstances:

Completed Slayer Deeds
    Completed Questing Deeds (10/20/30 Quest Completion Deeds, for example.)
    Get them from Ore/Wood/Scholar Nodes. Set them to be as common as the rare node drops like Jewel Shards or Mithril Flakes.

Making them retroactive is your choice, but there are pros and cons for each.

I do believe the drop rate has improved a bit I would say it up to about 100 tokens a day or more with a Good bit of running for me that is a improvement from the 1 or 2 bags a day if you lucky that it was till now. So anyways that's a bit better !!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10