We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Sigh, it's been more than 2 weeks

I have requested a transfer for NA the day they came back, and it's already been more than 2 weeks. Some people I know did the same and got xfered like a week before....... I get that they just came back but at least give us an accurate ETA.......

CarpeNoctem stated that it may be as long as 2-3 weeks for the initial inrush of requests. So far you are still within this time period. Where your request falls in the queue to be processed depends on how soon you got your request in relative to everyone else. For example, if 500 people submit a request at the same time, someone will be #1 and someone will be #500.
    "Everyone's got one. Better to be a smart one than a dumb one." - me
    "It's people like you that [I]think[/I] you know everything that give those of us that [I]do[/I] a bad name." - me
    "Eat, drink, and be Merry, 'cause Pippin was a fool of a Took."

Quote Originally Posted by Penter-Kar View Post
    CarpeNoctem stated that it may be as long as 2-3 weeks for the initial inrush of requests. So far you are still within this time period. Where your request falls in the queue to be processed depends on how soon you got your request in relative to everyone else. For example, if 500 people submit a request at the same time, someone will be #1 and someone will be #500.
    ''Currently, responses typically take 1 to 2 weeks to process.'' It's what it says in my mail. I don't think Turbine should send false information to their customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Inglaran View Post
    ''Currently, responses typically take 1 to 2 weeks to process.'' It's what it says in my mail. I don't think Turbine should send false information to their customers.
    Nothing false there. Typically does not mean always and the restarting of transfers hardly falls into the "typical" category.

There is a lot of if ands and buts with character transfer because the automatic transfer tool is not ready. Turbine is still using the limited tool that requires manual intervention. You may be a "non typical" request that Turbine is having trouble with but has not given up on yet. Some people have gotten their transfer request back with - transport error - we can not move your character as requested.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Same situation for me. Almost two weeks after application. Sapience said "patience" in another thread. Other gaming companies are making new dungeons in two weeks. This is really frustrating.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e0000001c5917/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Macabrex View Post
    Other gaming companies are making new dungeons in two weeks.
    Please provide a reference to back up this claim. Dungeon and Game would be nice. It is not unusual for a game development house to say new Dungeon coming in two weeks. They have been working on it for several months.

Scenario (landscape design for Lotro) did the crafting instances for Moria. I believe he stated that it took a week to do each one. You have to add in the time to make proposal, get management approval, clear your schedule of other work, spend a week doing the instance, it has to go to Quality Assurance, finally get assigned a game update. This progress can easily take months.

Similar issue with character transfers, you put in your request. You are number 150 in the queue. Turbine is doing 15 a day. Five day work week. It is two weeks before they even look at your ticket to see who to assign it to.

It is unfortunate that Turbine does not have a system that tells you where you are in queue. It does not let you know what the estimated wait time is. It does not allow you to check each day to see how much closer to the front you have moved.

We have this kind of system with the South Palm Beach County offices. Lots of electronic screens what you see in an airport. Every ticket is up on the screen with its queue. I go in to get a driver license renewal. I get a K14 ticket. I can look up on the screen and see that K11 - K13 are ahead of me. Other people that want car registration tags are getting B tickets. You know how many total people are in the system. How many in your category. How many agents are handling Ks at the moment. They must push thousands of people thru this office every day. The screens, schedulers, line checkers to make sure you got acceptable documents keep the mass of humanity want service from going totally nuts.

Character transfers have never been a fast process. There have been periods when the wait time was 6+ weeks. Turbine had to turn off new requests in order to reduce the queue size. Very similar to the Palm Beach County solution where sometimes there are hundreds of people outside the building in line waiting to get inside where they could get a ticket. I have gone there. Looked at the line outside. I need to come back a different day and or time.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

I was referring Guild wars 2. They are adding new content almost every two weeks. Dungeon word may be wrong there. May be those "new contents" are ready and they are making it live in every two weeks but i am sure it is harder than a server transfer. You can transfer your character in that game with a single click. Yeah may be systems are different or our game is old/ or transfer system is manuel but we are waiting for two weeks for a simple thing in other games. Is our system is old and need a man-power to get things done? Then hire another person to fasten it. But make your customer happy. This character server transfer system were closed for 5 months if i am not wrong. At least try to improve it when it was close(even giving a ticket that we can track our queue is something). Do you know any other online game that server transfer were closed for 5 months? Honestly i don't know.

I dont think this company is showing enough respect to their customers and i frustrated. Great community and Middle-Earth is keeping me in this game but with every disapointment they are pushing me away. And there are lots of disapointments in two years.

Sorry for my bad english. It is not my native language.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e0000001c5917/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Macabrex View Post
    I was referring Guild wars 2. They are adding new content almost every two weeks. Dungeon word may be wrong there. May be those "new contents" are ready and they are making it live in every two weeks but i am sure it is harder than a server transfer. You can transfer your character in that game with a single click. Yeah may be systems are different or our game is old/ or transfer system is manuel but we are waiting for two weeks for a simple thing in other games. Is our system is old and need a man-power to get things done? Then hire another person to fasten it. But make your customer happy. This character server transfer system were closed for 5 months if i am not wrong. At least try to improve it when it was close(even giving a ticket that we can track our queue is something). Do you know any other online game that server transfer were closed for 5 months? Honestly i don't know.

I dont think this company is showing enough respect to their customers and i frustrated. Great community and Middle-Earth is keeping me in this game but with every disapointment they are pushing me away. And there are lots of disapointments in two years.

Sorry for my bad english. It is not my native language.
    GW2 has allot more employees working on things then LOTRO. Your solution is to hire more people. Well it takes money to be able to hire & pay more people.

A big part of why they was closed was due to back log in tickets.

Down the road we are getting the instant transfer, you need to have patience.
    It's not Teal... it's [SIZE=3][COLOR=#00ffff][B]CYAN[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]!

Just to inform the other players. It took 16 days to transfer to a new server. I got an e-mail about payment options from support and 5 mins later it's done.