We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Huntanking

Huntanking

who said hunters are squishy?
    [center][color=cyan]Fellowship Hadacar: I now have a mental image of a little pea with a NE Patriot's logo painted on it.[/color][/center]
    [center][img]http://bit.ly/1Oq7Mgg[/img][/center]
    [center]From Dwarrowdelf to Arkenstone | [color=red]Asylum | No-QQ[/color][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Patriotp3a View Post
    who said hunters are squishy?
    Not me

[center]
    [url=http://lotro.fosconetwork.org/img/blosco_cs.png][img]http://lotro.fosconetwork.org/img/sig_2014/blosco.png[/img][/url]
    Anacamptis - Lv100 Minstrel, Fluva - Lv100 Warden, Vanva - Lv100 Guardian, Snufo - Lv100 Burglar
    [/center]

Yus.

Wtb moar huntanks
    [center][color=cyan]Fellowship Hadacar: I now have a mental image of a little pea with a NE Patriot's logo painted on it.[/color][/center]
    [center]From Dwarrowdelf to Arkenstone | [color=red]Asylum | No-QQ[/color][/center]

Patriot can you post your equip? the only way i could hunttank meg is if i had revealing mark cast on him (he just deals too much damage on me) (1.5-2k per hit) for heals to keep me alive..
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000001da17c/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I think the key here (if not beeing at 20khp, capped resist, 50% critical defence, etc...) is the LM's debuffs
    [center]
    [url=http://lotro.fosconetwork.org/img/blosco_cs.png][img]http://lotro.fosconetwork.org/img/sig_2014/blosco.png[/img][/url]
    Anacamptis - Lv100 Minstrel, Fluva - Lv100 Warden, Vanva - Lv100 Guardian, Snufo - Lv100 Burglar
    [/center]

You want the setup I used to duo that water t2c? cuz its way different from the setup I use when I have actual healers and a full fellowship.

For the duo I used a mixture of greater erebor huntsman and crafted wildermore vit gear that boosted crit def,inc heal and mits. I think I had about 40% crit def and inc. heals. Mits were around that range also but I had tome of def. Full tank gear gives about 53% crit def and around 16k mits. Was safer to use since dps wasn't really an issue but I found it to be boring cuz you took almost no damage where a single wl kept you up.

farm runs I just use
    sunbrand agil vit neck(replaces wildermore agil neck)
    eagle egg(replaces hunter token)
    sarchol(Replaces Hunter cloak)
    ring of precision(replaces Former resident)
    moors offhand(replaces sambrog club)
    and sometimes Shadowstalkers
    and a semi tanking FA spear.
    Everything else is pretty much straight up max pm/crit gear and rarely do I need to

p.s. LT t2c is like, really easy to dps tank. Still looking to get that stifled ring +150 agil +75 vit +384 pm from challenge

edit:
    - farm runs i usually just use this

- For the duo run

i didnt have more of the agil vit food :P
    Last edited by Patriotp3a; Aug 29 2013 at 07:02 AM.

Well #### man. I do believe you are now the envy of most hunters in the game
    Sabian- Hunter85
    All warfare is based on deception

In this picture, wouldn't it be better to use a Shiny Sunbrand Necklace of Dexterity over that Wildermore one? You lose about 43 Agility which is 430 Mastery, but you only gain 400 mastery on the necklace. (Unless of course PM has Diminishing Returns, does it?)

And you have one crafted earring and another one that I assume is one of the following?

Blood Ruby Earring
    Elder Arthedain Stud
    Earring of the Dead Horde

Are you trying to get another or are you just going to keep the crafted one?
    Eniigmatik | Exploit

>.> 20k morale seems a bit overkill lol.

but yea, huntanking can be quite fun. in my tank build, im sitting at around 15k morale(buffed) 22% inc healing. 5.5k crit def, and 40% mits.

i use greater erebor armour set(s), and mix-and-match set of jewelry :P although i have the 2k crit d pocket xD so that gives me some extra room for non-crafted jewelry.

fornost water is easy to tank though :P should try something harder!
    Lugbur, R11 Reaver ./. Guthfred, R9 Captain ./. Guthblade, R9 Chamption ./. Muzluck, R9 Warg + Various other toons of different rank and class.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrcsBane View Post
    And you have one crafted earring and another one that I assume is one of the following?

Blood Ruby Earring
    Elder Arthedain Stud

That could also be a Shadowstalker's Stud. He did mention that he uses that.
    Chromite (Hunter) - Grumbletocks (Guardian) on Landroval, Appendage (Hunter) on Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    That could also be a Shadowstalker's Stud. He did mention that he uses that.

I was just referencing that stuff and not Shadowstalker's Stud because I thought that was his full glass cannon build.
    Eniigmatik | Exploit

In this picture, wouldn't it be better to use a Shiny Sunbrand Necklace of Dexterity over that Wildermore one? You lose about 43 Agility which is 430 Mastery, but you only gain 400 mastery on the necklace. (Unless of course PM has Diminishing Returns, does it?)

Blood Ruby Earring
    Elder Arthedain Stud

Wildermore still gives me higher pm at the cost of 122 vit. And yes, theres a diminishing value for pm.
    For the earrings, I use Prudence still :P Accidentally vendored Elder. though I still want undead horde/gold but only one. morale drop is too much replacing crafted imo. I needmore morale than pm..

Quote Originally Posted by 0987654321 View Post
    >.> 20k morale seems a bit overkill lol.

but yea, huntanking can be quite fun. in my tank build, im sitting at around 15k morale(buffed) 22% inc healing. 5.5k crit def, and 40% mits.

i use greater erebor armour set(s), and mix-and-match set of jewelry :P although i have the 2k crit d pocket xD so that gives me some extra room for non-crafted jewelry.

fornost water is easy to tank though :P should try something harder!
    Which gear I use depends on the classes in my group and how good they are. Most cases I wont even need tank gear, just a neck and ring swap.
    Fornost water if you have a good group isnt even hard. In terms of "tanking" difficulty id still say t2 Peak solo is the hardest as your success isnt depending on your main heals. Except a few which I havent tried...all 3/6 mans can be huntanked. LT,Sari Surma, All fornost havent tried shadow, all erebor 3 mans, Dale,GBs,Warg Pens..
    You can also tank BFE until.one troll dies then second tank picks it off you and you gear swap to dps. Helegrod Giant wing was also fun but that was when helegrod was still cool haha

Wildermore still gives me higher pm at the cost of 122 vit. And yes, theres a diminishing value for pm.
    For the earrings, I use Prudence still :P Accidentally vendored Elder. though I still want undead horde/gold but only one. morale drop is too much replacing crafted imo. I needmore morale than pm..

Ah, ok.

One last question. In that picture I reference, you were using the ring from DG and it looks like a Rohan proc one. Is it the Agility proc rohan ring?
    Eniigmatik | Exploit

Ah, ok.

One last question. In that picture I reference, you were using the ring from DG and it looks like a Rohan proc one. Is it the Agility proc rohan ring?
    Yup, 122 agil proc since I use cloak for crit proc.

In terms of "tanking" difficulty id still say t2 Peak solo is the hardest as your success isnt depending on your main heals.
    This intrigued me right here. I've been planning to start my assault on Iorbar's Peak solo. I just usually get involved in some other group stuffs so haven't had the time.

Have you done it T2 solo? Any tips? I assume when the giant stops and does avalanch/footstomp/clap the key is to get as far away as possible so you have plenty of time to dps him without him touching you. How do you handle the healing? Is it just a luck of the draw thing with his crits?

My plan was to use my Wildermore vitality pocket (heal over time) and my Rohan HOT ring along with a decent balance of gear to get me 2300ish agility/1100ish vitality and up my evade and crit defence.

Moors Heal Potion, those combo potions you get in the hobbit gifts and regular heal potions can get you a decent bit of healing. Anything else?
    Chromite (Hunter) - Grumbletocks (Guardian) on Landroval, Appendage (Hunter) on Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    This intrigued me right here. I've been planning to start my assault on Iorbar's Peak solo. I just usually get involved in some other group stuffs so haven't had the time.

Have you done it T2 solo? Any tips? I assume when the giant stops and does avalanch/footstomp/clap the key is to get as far away as possible so you have plenty of time to dps him without him touching you. How do you handle the healing? Is it just a luck of the draw thing with his crits?

My plan was to use my Wildermore vitality pocket (heal over time) and my Rohan HOT ring along with a decent balance of gear to get me 2300ish agility/1100ish vitality and up my evade and crit defence.

Moors Heal Potion, those combo potions you get in the hobbit gifts and regular heal potions can get you a decent bit of healing. Anything else?
    Yep, was able to do it a few times though it required quit abit of luck and alot of switching. Though probably unnecessary switching.
    Heres 2 diff times i did it. I found first boss to be harder. as you can see that one fight took me almost 13 minutes of kiting..

and the final one which i only have one ss unfortunately.. i barely missed the challenge on this one. This was my first time completing it so I can pretty excited and missed an add behind me and I gave up on the adds after that..

For Helf I didnt have store pots. Wasnt worth it and it took the challenge out of it because you outheal the dps. As you can see, I ran endurance for extra parry. I believe I had about 27% parry that run. I switched defensive for when he was attacking and switched offensive when I was(this shaved some time from the fight and the longer it took the higher chances of rng screwin me over).Then boosted pm when the adds came.

One of the main things was to not let him range you because it does ALOT of damage vs. everything else. For race of man, it should be alot easier because of the extra inc heal. every % counts there as I mostly kept myself alive with agile rejoinder and only potted/Press onward when I REALLY needed to.

My build had capped mits and about 34k pm it was around there. Though I havent tried soloing it after successfully completing it a few times.

Not sure if any other hunter has completed it solo but its totally possible.
    Last edited by Patriotp3a; Sep 12 2013 at 01:28 PM.

Finally had the time to log and get this video tonight. Hope this helps for those asking how and for the non believers. Best watched HD :P

Last edited by Patriotp3a; Oct 10 2013 at 07:13 AM. Reason: bad formatting

Finally had the time to log and get this video tonight. Hope this helps for those asking how and for the non believers. Best watched HD :P
    Eh I think if anyone didn't believe that it could be done was due to not thinking about the quick-cooldown morale potions you used. You had quite a stack there. I didn't even know that those potions had a fast cooldown. I hardly ever use them and I only get them from Hobbit Presents.

Good job you certainly used a great combination of skills when you were low on power and such.

Store-bought things can make it quite a bit easier for sure. I've got the morale bubble ring set from Limlight Gorge that I'd like to work into the mix.

Any particular reason you didn't use the Healing pocket from Wildermore?

I was curious about this, so I gave it a try with no store perks (damage, max moral or pots).
    I found some the trash packs that include brutes should not be dealt with lightly (use of CC skills heavily recommanded !) as those always left me with less than 1k moral. For the first boss... well as Patriotpea already said, have to kite to replenish health once in a while : "tank" him with Swift Stroke", kite as soon as you managed to strike with Agile Rejoinder.

Helf was... annoying
    I used the gold rohan HoT proc ring. Since its cooldown (I was told) is independant of the Wildermore's HoT pocket, I guess it would be a very good idea to equip both if you have them in your inventory.
    First two tries he managed to kill me after I killed all the dwarves waves. I am really not used to this kind of deeds so I was not always refreshing Swift Stroke's defensive buff as I should have and my physical mitigation (11k500 with scrolls) was lower than it should be for this purpose.

I got the "challenge complete" on third try, with a twist at the end !

I will update with a video when it will be uploaded.

@chromite
    Yea the morale pots def make it easier thats for sure. You can do it with hybrid gear if u get lucky. First few times beating it, I didnt have store pots. Now that bounder potions are out, hope to see more people beating it solo even if using pots.

As for the power, you see me mess up haha, click intent twice before I realized I had no power lolol. I even accidentally dragged it to a diff quickslot
    If you kite around the rock, theres no need to use store pots. You can get alot of parries without taking alot of damage as Helf spends most of the time walking around. Also, the reason I didnt use heal ring and pocket is cuz I simply forgot :P I never noticed both having independent cds but they are def. More than enough to keep me alive.

@Gabli
    Grats on the kill! Nice to see someone else try and succeed ! Isn't it fun? Certainly more interesting than zerging him..
    Yea good note on the brutes, I usually run in, zerg mender as I use cry of hunter for daze then kill brute at melee range. If you are not in melee range they will debuff you with a nasty taunt. Everything else after that, either stand still and pew pew or low cut and kite.

Did you find first bosd to be harder? Though it can be easier if u get lucky with catapults. Though you get more parries from adds. I replaced my tact mit virts for phys mit for helf, even determination to charity. Also, using cry for that small bubble helps a little. I use middle mouse button for Swift stroke so its convenient for me to use everytime its off cd(mid mouse is my heartseeker for dps build, sometimes fleet so im used to it)
    Been working to see if it can be done wih just agile heals but its just repair bills..t3c lol

Twist?lolol cant wait to see..
    I soloed it once with a cappy and hunter friend afked outside the gate and my friend ends up getting the hunter dagger.

Also, anyone ever tried soloing troll boss from t2 goblin town? The falling rocks hurt too much for my liking..

I'd say first boss asks for more skills than Helf but less luck. Success against that nasty giant relies so much on parry... sad thing I had no melee LI with Swift Stroke's legacy ! I did switch a virtue for physical mitigation too. I also solted the class trait that reduces melee skills cooldown hoping that I could cash in any parry that I would get.
    I actually did not have so much problem avoiding catapults shot against on the first boss. Overall this one is about being patient.

And yeah, it had been a while since I felt this bit of adrenaline in LotRO

Anyway here's the vid for Helf (forgot to launch fraps at first so it's missing the first minute).

OK the ending of that video made me laugh! Hahahaha.

Good job! I love seeing these exciting fights.

Did you find first bosd to be harder? Though it can be easier if u get lucky with catapults. Though you get more parries from adds...
    BTW, like in many instances, you can avoid all adds at first boss : just tank him near the entry, on right side (to avoid reset).
    All adds will come at end (1 or 2 waves if you advance slowly I don't remember...)
    Last edited by Castorix; Oct 12 2013 at 08:52 AM.

I guess you could, but as a hunter if you don't move in this fight you die : you can't heal trough the targeted rocks and the explosive barrels. Seems a lot safer to me to do it the "intended" way.

LOL

perfect ending, thats awesome!

First boss is def. more annoying imo. Success there can be boosted if you effetively use the catapults to further damage the boss. Just be sure to interrupt the menders when they should and take care of the brutes as they debuff with taunts. Using the spot near the entrance)right side) makes killing the boss faster and easier but after that, you have to deal with ALL the adds which is harder than doing it the way it was intended. Even if you kill the boss and the adds kill you, whole fight resets.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast