We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
    1 Twinfall Path, Celos-en-Nauth, Falathlorn

A Shot in the Dark

I just hit level 39, and I was sent to Flambard Took for a mini-quest saying that I was now eligible to purchase books for legendary traits. I purchased A Shot in the Dark, but nothing came up on quest tracker or anything. I found out I was supposed to talk to Legolas, and that I did. On the Quest Objectives bar on the right, I was supposed to find eight pages from the book. But as there is no quest tracker, I have no idea how to do this. Do you do mob kills? If so, where? I would love some help.
    Night is falling,
    So ends this day.
    The Road is now calling
    And I must away.

Quote Originally Posted by Eryniell View Post
    I just hit level 39, and I was sent to Flambard Took for a mini-quest saying that I was now eligible to purchase books for legendary traits. I purchased A Shot in the Dark, but nothing came up on quest tracker or anything. I found out I was supposed to talk to Legolas, and that I did. On the Quest Objectives bar on the right, I was supposed to find eight pages from the book. But as there is no quest tracker, I have no idea how to do this. Do you do mob kills? If so, where? I would love some help.
    http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Category:Hunter_Quests hunter quests general page, can be of use later - bookmark! (or google lotro hunter, usually has a good link first or second)

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Legendary_Book_Pages this has most of what you look for
    Pages from all three of the Legendary Books for each class are found on creatures in either Angmar, Eregion, Forochel and the Misty Mountains from Evil Men, Evil Dwarves, Ancient Evil creatures, Giant-kind, Orc-kind, Troll-kind, or Wights.
    Mind that you will eventually get all pages looting in Moria, if you have the patience to wait until then! A couple of Humanoid deeds and you're most likely done.

You can also farm them all killing humanoids in the Duvodiad camp on the west border of Malenhad in Angmar as well that the Goblin camp in the Misty mountains.

Note, they only drop from humanoids, not animals
    Sabian- Hunter85
    All warfare is based on deception

Keep in mind, if you mouse over the Deed on your Deed log, it'll tell you which zones the pages are located in.

Half are found on humanoids in Forochel, Misty Mountains and Moria, and the other half are round on humanoids in Angmar, Eregion and Moria.

I'd suggest going back ASAP and picking up the other two books. As long as you quest in the regions where the pages drop (which happens anyway if you follow the epic quest lines) you'll collect them as you go. I think I had all but one page of the third book by the time I hit Moria.

You may decide not to use all the legendary traits associated with the books, but if you have them all you they'll be available when/if you need them.

Ignore people telling you specific places the pages can only come from. That's false. You can get them from any humanoid in the world at or above the level needed to get the pages (which is level 40 I believe...?). If you were to make it into Moria before completing one of the page deeds you could complete it in there, too.

As long as you have gotten the three books from the hunter vendor and have right clicked them to get them added to your deeds and then talked to Legolas to "activate" those deeds, then you can get the pages.
    Chromite (Hunter) - Grumbletocks (Guardian) on Landroval, Appendage (Hunter) on Brandywine

1 Twinfall Path, Celos-en-Nauth, Falathlorn
    Thanks all. Eregion . . . isn't that a level 60-ish place? Basically, what is the minimum level you could complete the full deed without being owned too many times? And, do you still get pages for the deeds even if you do not have the expansion for the area? Thanks.
    Night is falling,
    So ends this day.
    The Road is now calling
    And I must away.

48-53. Often started as early as 45.

As long as you have the deed you can earn pages from the (humanoid) mobs.

No you don't need to have that area to earn pages.
    [COLOR="#669966"][center][size=1]Mildford - R9 Hunter • Support - R7 LM
    The Storm Crusaders • Gladden[/size][/center][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    Ignore people telling you specific places the pages can only come from. That's false. You can get them from any humanoid in the world at or above the level needed to get the pages (which is level 40 I believe...?). If you were to make it into Moria before completing one of the page deeds you could complete it in there, too.
    Proof?

Please show a Dourhand/Goblin in Ered Luin, an Angmarim in Trollshallows, or a humanoid mob in any zone other than the 5 specifically listed by the deed (Angmar, Eregion, Forochel, Misty Mountains and Moria) drop a page for the Legendary traits.

Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    Ignore people telling you specific places the pages can only come from. That's false. You can get them from any humanoid.
    That's actually quite false. Follow the wiki, it will cut some of the frustration looking for the specific pages in the wrong zones.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000000e65ec/signature.png]Illaphor[/charsig]

Some of the posters have hinted at, but not directly said: it's a DEED, not a quest. So it won't show up on the quest tracker unless you add it yourself from the deed log. As someone else said, get the other two books and then play as usual. You'll find the pages as you do quests in the areas. The deed log will tell you where you need to look. The first four pages of each can be found in some areas while the last four are found in different areas. All can be found in Moria, if you haven't found them before that.
    Officer and elder member of the Claws of Abigail kin.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    Proof?

Please show a Dourhand/Goblin in Ered Luin, an Angmarim in Trollshallows, or a humanoid mob in any zone other than the 5 specifically listed by the deed (Angmar, Eregion, Forochel, Misty Mountains and Moria) drop a page for the Legendary traits.
    What I was referring to was that page numbers are not connected to any single zone. Most old info says that certain pages only come from a specific zone. This is no longer the case as you can get all pages in one of the zones if you stay only in that zone. As long as the mobs you are killing are humanoid and are of appropriate level for the pages.
    Chromite (Hunter) - Grumbletocks (Guardian) on Landroval, Appendage (Hunter) on Brandywine