We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Can't enter Wildermore Lottery

It says I don't have any level 85 characters, but I have two
    MINSTREL and member of the vocal minority

Quote Originally Posted by Frieja View Post

IKR? In the known issues it says that it takes awhile for character data to filter thru the game servers. But my toons data on Brandywine hasn't changed in over 4 months while toons I created years ago to hold names on Melendor server and recently leveled are displayed at the right level. I mean I have 13 toons at 85 lv over my accounts and the lotteries only display 3 as being able to enter the lv 76-85 lotteries.
    Survivor of the Great 07' Crash

I'm not sure how nice it is to have lotteries back when you can't even enter them.

Sapience mentioned in another thread that sometimes the Lottery gets stuck on updating characters. There's no consistent pattern to it, either, making it difficult to track down. Hopefully someone will notice your thread here and take a look. Posting the names of the characters and which server they're on may help.

Sorry you're missing out right now, but the lottery doesn't end until tomorrow, so... fingers crossed for your sake.
    [center][color=cyan]I used to have a signature but it went away with the forum revamp.[/color]
    [color=gold]ARKENSTONE:[/color][color=tan] Mithraudecthel 85 Elf WDN; Ulroduil 85 Elf GRD;
    Dagorlaer 68 Elf MIN; Fortinagard 55 Hobbit WDN; Galagath 50 Elf HNT;
    Tedimore 45 Man BRG; Faenvenel 37 Elf RK; Fingaladan 31 Elf LM[/color][/center]

Please read:
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...y-Known-Issues
    the known issue list.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Yula I know it is posted in the know issues, it still does not fix the fact that a huge amount of time has gone by and nothing has been done to fix it. In fact, it sounds like they plan on doing nothing ever.. The whole line about smacking the box and it maybe works is to say the least stunning. But thanks for reposting a link to something everyone who really has a problem with this issues has prolly read before like 500 times.
    Survivor of the Great 07' Crash

Quote Originally Posted by Torinik View Post
    Yula I know it is posted in the know issues, it still does not fix the fact that a huge amount of time has gone by and nothing has been done to fix it. In fact, it sounds like they plan on doing nothing ever.. The whole line about smacking the box and it maybe works is to say the least stunning. But thanks for reposting a link to something everyone who really has a problem with this issues has prolly read before like 500 times.
    Apparently the problem is not fixable.

You should read this post by Sapience:
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...34#post6883534
    which talks about this issue.

I have worked for years in software development. Every product I've worked on has known issues that customers do not like. We are not going to fix them. The known issue list exists to cut down on the customer originated bug reports. The customers no longer bother first line customer service, System Test, Quality Assurance or Development. The customer is encouraged to either accept the situation or take it to sales, marketing, customer service management ...
    Last edited by Yula_the_Mighty; Aug 22 2013 at 10:27 PM.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

If this is going to be a long-standing issue, then they need to remove level requirements for lotteries or broaden the level range WIDELY.

There should NOT be a level 85 only lottery. I have two level 85 characters. The first of which hit 85 about 6 months ago. The second hit 85 about 3 months ago. Neither is eligible for this lottery.

If Turbine wants to offer level cap lotteries, and their data hasn't been updated since RoI, then maybe the level cap lotteries should be for characters level 75 to 85.

I appreciate that the lotteries are supposed to be fun and free, but it's not fun when some people are permanently excluded because of a bug that Turbine refuses to fix.

If this is going to be a long-standing issue, then they need to remove level requirements for lotteries or broaden the level range WIDELY.

There should NOT be a level 85 only lottery. I have two level 85 characters. The first of which hit 85 about 6 months ago. The second hit 85 about 3 months ago. Neither is eligible for this lottery.

If Turbine wants to offer level cap lotteries, and their data hasn't been updated since RoI, then maybe the level cap lotteries should be for characters level 75 to 85.

I appreciate that the lotteries are supposed to be fun and free, but it's not fun when some people are permanently excluded because of a bug that Turbine refuses to fix.
    Too True! I think that was the OP point.

I did not even know they were back? I just get the message that there are currently no active lotteries when I check most days. I have plenty of characters across most level thresholds. Anyone know the answer to this problem?
    Khalis - A Captain of Imladris and Maethor of House Vanimar

Quote Originally Posted by TinatheTitanslayer View Post
    Too True! I think that was the OP point.
    Heh, the person you're quoting was the OP . In any case, making it "75 to 85" might solve a few people's problems, but having things sometimes out of date by months makes such 'fixes' fairly meaningless. Very few people move characters just 10 levels in 3 months, not unless they're playing a group of them up slowly together or something. I only play 8-10 hours per week (when I'm playing), but even I have gone from 1-85 in 4 months. 75 is a level that would have happened maybe 1-2 weeks before 85.

I understand that they can't afford to pull all the character data every day for every character - that could be a major load on their database, and that sort of thing is one of the reasons they abandoned all of the web site features that relied on character data. However, it seems a little odd that they can't figure out how to spread the load and get it all done in (say) a week's time. I work with products with databases of up to ~50 TB, and we manage to do maintenance on them (re-indexing tables when they need it, for example). It's tricky, though, and we do have to spread it out so it doesn't have a huge impact on end-user performance.

Someone around here pointed out that Turbine pulls accurate character data for the character transfer service. This is true, but also irrelevant. Scale matters, a lot. A few dozens of people a day pulling data off the live databases to start character transfers doesn't matter a bit. Pulling 100s of thousands (or given that they show old characters too - perhaps close to 10 million) records of character data per day is quite different.

Khafar