We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

No option to stay signed in

I don't like to be a complainer but I'm really not liking that I have to sign in every time I come to the forum. I would really like the option to save my sign in info but signing in once in a while isn't so bad if I have the option to just stay signed in but I just don't like having to sign in every time. Not a huge deal but an annoyance to me.

It's a serious annoyance. Every time I want to check for new lotteries or check the forums, I have to login again. Having to re-login every few minutes is a serious PITA.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula_W View Post
    I don't like to be a complainer but I'm really not liking that I have to sign in every time I come to the forum. I would really like the option to save my sign in info but signing in once in a while isn't so bad if I have the option to just stay signed in but I just don't like having to sign in every time. Not a huge deal but an annoyance to me.
    Khafar has posted a thread on how to get your browser to remember your login credentials here. Hope that helps!
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb412/lcainsa/LOTRO/newcustomsig_zpsa3ba3eae.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Alcaniel View Post
    Khafar has posted a thread on how to get your browser to remember your login credentials here. Hope that helps!
    Thank you for that

I would like to add... if people are going to have to sign in every time, then please try to make it so that we do not need to use our game login information.

I know that there would be an issue of how to make sure that the bits of the forums that are linked to our game stay linked, so I don't know if it is even doable... but it would be nice to not have to worry about the passwords and usernames being the same.
    [B][COLOR=#6495ed]"You cannot pass," he said. "I am a[/COLOR] [COLOR=#00bfff]Servant of the Secret Fire[/COLOR][COLOR=#6495ed], wielder of the flame of Anor. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. You cannot pass."[U][I]The Fellowship of the Ring II 5: "The Bridge of Khazad-dûm"[/I][/U][/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=#0000ff][/COLOR][COLOR=#5f1fff][B]Athene~Vilya~85 LM[/B][/COLOR] [URL="http://www.sotsfire.com/"][B][COLOR=#7b68ee]SOTSFire.com [/COLOR][/B][/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonrayne View Post
    please try to make it so that we do not need to use our game login information
    They used to be separate, but became unified nearly 3 years ago, and they've said repeatedly that they're going to stay that way. TOR is like this as well, although they do offer a secondary security method for those who wish to use them. Personally, I find having to get a code from my cell phone each time I log into a game to be too much hassle, so I wouldn't use that here even if it were offered. In 15 years, I've never had an MMO account "hacked", and until I have... I'll continue to rely on my own security measures at home (up-to-date AV, regular sweeps, encrypted and MAC-locked wireless network, non-trivial passwords, etc).

Khafar

Quote Originally Posted by Alcaniel View Post
    Thank you so much for that! Much better.

I finally sat down and applied Khafar's solution... Now I do not need to enter my info, and the forums open on the home page Thank you
    [B][COLOR=#6495ed]"You cannot pass," he said. "I am a[/COLOR] [COLOR=#00bfff]Servant of the Secret Fire[/COLOR][COLOR=#6495ed], wielder of the flame of Anor. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. You cannot pass."[U][I]The Fellowship of the Ring II 5: "The Bridge of Khazad-dûm"[/I][/U][/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=#0000ff][/COLOR][COLOR=#5f1fff][B]Athene~Vilya~85 LM[/B][/COLOR] [URL="http://www.sotsfire.com/"][B][COLOR=#7b68ee]SOTSFire.com [/COLOR][/B][/URL]