We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New creep bonuses

Q9: Mildford: Will the new traits system be offered to creeps too? #LOTRO
    A9: Jinjaah: Creeps will be getting Corruption Set Bonuses but not full on trait trees. #LOTRO

Fingers crossed these are useful, and something to get excited about.

Trait six "crit rating" and get a bonus BAZOOKA skill??? lol
    [color=green]"Freeps raid to get their skills and gear, then come out and complain about creeps raiding to get their skills...hypocrite much?"[/color]

There was also this:

Q32: @Aelrindel what about creeps classes and traits? #LOTRO
    A32: Jinjaah Creeps will be getting corruption set bonuses. #LOTRO
    A32a: These bonuses give various buffs and effects based on the corruptions slotted. #LOTRO

I'm not sure if they're going the way of say, 'three crit corruptions = additional crit boost', or whether we'll be getting a little increase to the 'opposite' stat to compensate(for example, stacking Morale will boost your Damage a bit).
    [LEFT][COLOR=#ffffff]Morlenil Barkolomew Turmuz Shurz Gruubluk

Posting in white; so people can read my dismal ramblings easier.[/COLOR][/LEFT]

I read it and I am also hopeful this will be something useful. Not going to hold my breath though.
    Uglymf/Uglyassin

It won't be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Squelcher View Post
    It won't be enough.

It might be enough, IF Turbine do a good job at balancing Freep classes... oh wait.. your right.
    [IMG]http://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii500/supermaco/2800703.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by DaMac View Post
    It might be enough, IF Turbine do a good job at balancing Freep classes
    Lol. Right.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMac View Post
    ... oh wait.. your right.
    I know.

A la carte trait choices with set bonuses aren't good enough for freeps, and so are being replaced with trait trees.

Does anyone else see a slight irony in Turbine giving creeps set bonuses to their a la carte trait choices now?

Quote Originally Posted by Fredelas View Post
    A la carte trait choices with set bonuses aren't good enough for freeps, and so are being replaced with trait trees.

Does anyone else see a slight irony in Turbine giving creeps set bonuses to their a la carte trait choices now?
    I'm seeing a slight irony in u saying anything on freep side is not good enough
    Trashboth-Trashladden
    [IMG]https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/674x475q90/540/okyUr8.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Fererif View Post
    I'm seeing a slight irony in u saying anything on freep side is not good enough
    I was talking about Turbine's reason for implementing the trees, not my personal opinion. (I actually think a la carte selection is fairly unique in the MMO space and better for LOTRO, but for freeps AND creeps.)

I would expect traiting deep into a certain kind of corruption will result in a bonus of that sort...time will tell.

On a side note I am hopeful that this update to the classes may even the field for us a bit if freeps are forced to make a decision to sacrifice survivability to gain DPS rather than have it all ways all the time....
    The Last Alliance - Officer
    [B]
    Dapple[/B] Rank 10 Warg

I am a tad bit concerned with this bonuse. I want an across the board rise in defenses, due to the heavy crits freeps consistantly get. Being a WL i mainly trait 5 Crit boosts and unless they give me a half decent bonus to surviving a tad longer against multiple RKs and burgs on me, the extra damage the bonus might bring (i assume a bonus for Crit is going to be damage or crit) will be pointless. I dont wanna be stuck having to slot crit defense as they are pointless for my WL and the resulting damage i can do drops alot :/

Personally i think they will mess this up and make us have to trait in a certain line, which is not benefical to the classes (not all classes). I hope i am dead wrong though and they have thought this through.

The extra 2% damage the freeps are going to be getting will hurt us alot also.
    Snowbourn - Commander Shakbasher - Lieutenant Glurf

Warriors of The Great Eye

I was talking about Turbine's reason for implementing the trees, not my personal opinion. (I actually think a la carte selection is fairly unique in the MMO space and better for LOTRO, but for freeps AND creeps.)
    I would actually say it's appropriate, given that Creepside always gets things a long, long time after Freeps do.

In about three years we'll get the trait trees.
    Last edited by Nyrion; Aug 24 2013 at 11:35 AM.
    [LEFT][COLOR=#ffffff]Morlenil Barkolomew Turmuz Shurz Gruubluk

Posting in white; so people can read my dismal ramblings easier.[/COLOR][/LEFT]

O... I see...
    Trashboth-Trashladden

[QUOTE=MessyR;6885298]I am a tad bit concerned with this bonuse. I want an across the board rise in defenses, due to the heavy crits freeps consistantly get. Being a WL i mainly trait 5 Crit boosts and unless they give me a half decent bonus to surviving a tad longer against multiple RKs and burgs on me, the extra damage the bonus might bring (i assume a bonus for Crit is going to be damage or crit) will be pointless. I dont wanna be stuck having to slot crit defense as they are pointless for my WL and the resulting damage i can do drops alot :/

Personally i think they will mess this up and make us have to trait in a certain line, which is not benefical to the classes (not all classes). I hope i am dead wrong though and they have thought this through.

The extra 2% damage the freeps are going to be getting will hurt us alot also.[/QUOTEf
    freeps r geting more damage? O fffffffffffffffffff. Just wanted to say I have a rank 3 ba and that champs hit harder with there bow then me with my bow. And some peeps say the ba is op. Sigh
    Trashboth-Trashladden

Quote Originally Posted by MessyR View Post
    freeps r geting more damage?
    You seem surprised.

Why are you surprised?

You seem surprised.

Why are you surprised?
    U know come to think about it... I guess I should have been expecting something it huh?
    Trashboth-Trashladden

You seem surprised.

Why are you surprised?
    U know come to think about it... I guess I should have been expecting something it huh? I wonder how much more healing freeps will by getting...
    Trashboth-Trashladden

Yeah man I can't wait to trait DPS Defiler and expect some god-tier DPS set bonus!

Quote Originally Posted by Hendos View Post
    On a side note I am hopeful that this update to the classes may even the field for us a bit if freeps are forced to make a decision to sacrifice survivability to gain DPS rather than have it all ways all the time....
    Except from the way I understand it, freeps will now be able to re-tree on the fly without need of a bard, so long as they are out of combat.....
    [center][URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/600/jcc4.png/][IMG]http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/9340/jcc4.png[/IMG][/URL][/center]

My Home is the Moors, roaming around .....
    Quote Originally Posted by jfindlay View Post
    Except from the way I understand it, freeps will now be able to re-tree on the fly without need of a bard, so long as they are out of combat.....
    THat sounds about correct to me as well. We just need to keep them in combat then so they cant switch out
    [CENTER]BiteMarks
    ~ the names Marks .... BiteMarks ~
    [/CENTER]

You seem surprised.

Why are you surprised?
    You'll love this one
    Mischief-makers can even use Trickster to both allow Tricks to apply to multiple targets at once and have multiple Tricks on a target at once.
    LM, Mischief burg with an RK healer and add in any DPS you want.... pucker up. Good luck to creep healers, lol

It won't be that easy - remember the point that says: "No Freeps will be able to do multiple jobs at the same time"

We WILL see some serious nerfs

Quote Originally Posted by Chris91 View Post
    It won't be that easy - remember the point that says: "No Freeps will be able to do multiple jobs at the same time"

So rather than seeing freeps able to do multiple things, now they're just going to excel at one thing. Cannot wait for a raid of healing traited minstrels and rune keepers, debuffing lms, dps hunters and champs with support captains and burglars. The creep slaughter will be hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Moors-Battlemaster View Post
    So rather than seeing freeps able to do multiple things, now they're just going to excel at one thing. Cannot wait for a raid of healing traited minstrels and rune keepers, debuffing lms, dps hunters and champs with support captains and burglars. The creep slaughter will be hilarious.
    So you don't want freeps to be able to do it all like they can now (nor should they/we) and having them/us be able to do one thing well is unacceptable. You got a case of the Wednesday Mondays or are you just being irrational?

Attended by Coldaen

Quote Originally Posted by Chris91 View Post

We'll see.

Based on prior dev comments, they don't mean much.

Don't take anything the devs say at face value, and definitely don't try to read anything about freep nerfs into their comments. The chance of freeps ending up weaker than they are is very limited, and if it did happen would be corrected within a few weeks after much freep complaining.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast