I'm still a skeptic about the trait tree idea. Some points:
1. Having to spend all your points every time you want to respec. This seems kinda lame. We still don't know how things will work out, but this doesn't encourage experimentation.
2. Three roles per class. Not every class has had three roles so far. Champions can be tanks or dps. Guardians can be tanks or dps. Hunters can be dps. I'm not sure why every class needs to be shoehorned into 3 roles. For instance, the champion could have been given 2 trees with more interesting choices within each tree. The captain and the lore-master arguably have 4 roles!
3. Classes with generalist roles. If the purpose of this class redesign is to encourage specialization, what will become of generalist classes like the captain and lore-master? The captain's specialty is to be able to shift between healing, buffing, and damage during the battle. Will there be a trait tree to make the captain extra captainy, or just trees that stress healing, buffing, tanking, and damage?
4. Legendary items. The current ability to mix and match traits between sets allows a certain amount of hybridization. But legendary items do this as well. Captains currently get a large percentage of their healing bonuses from legendary items and not from traits. Is there a plan to update legacies to discourage hybridization as well?
5. Why do people not take statements from the turbine team at face value? Because the public face of the Turbine team revels in communicating non-information (e.g. the horseshoe, Soon™, etc). Not everyone gets the joke.
I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend. ~ Faramir
Undo the U12 class changes. The trait trees were, are, and will always be a bad idea.
Maedhric 100 Captain, Nunion 93 Champion, Taraviel 85 Minstrel, etc...