We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Corruption Bonuses with HD

Q9: Mildford: Will the new traits system be offered to creeps too? #LOTRO
    18:47 wo 21 aug.

A9: Jinjaah: Creeps will be getting Corruption Set Bonuses but not full on trait trees. #LOTRO
    21:47 wo 21 aug.

I guess two critical rating = moar crit rating!
    Feailuve - Aeviternus - Vesanus
    Brandywine

The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

Heck, with the freeps no doubt getting an enormous buff with HD I'll take whatever I can get.
    [LEFT][COLOR=#ffffff]Morlenil Barkolomew Turmuz Shurz Gruubluk

Posting in white; so people can read my dismal ramblings easier.[/COLOR][/LEFT]

Quote Originally Posted by Nyrion View Post
    Heck, with the freeps no doubt getting an enormous buff with HD I'll take whatever I can get.
    I think DPS traited freeps will get insane DPS, with new trait trees. Creeps need to wait another update
    Brandywine

The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    I think DPS traited freeps will get insane DPS, with new trait trees. Creeps need to wait another update
    Yeah, that much I expect. I think what it will hinge on for me is whether those DPS traited freeps will have a survivability drop from what they have now. If they do, then I may be able to live with it(well not live, but you know what I mean :P ).

Yeah, that much I expect. I think what it will hinge on for me is whether those DPS traited freeps will have a survivability drop from what they have now. If they do, then I may be able to live with it(well not live, but you know what I mean :P ).
    Lol, I think they've said as much, let me look it up... Nope, can't find that. But since you'll have to fully trait into one tree for the Legendary, I think it's ok. Edit: I asked for you!

Q26: @Gihalahad will players have to sacrifice surviveability for damage? #LOTRO
    19:21 wo 21 aug.
    A26: HoarseDev. Yes and vice versa. Though there is room to dip into both. #LOTRO
    19:22 wo 21 aug.
    Last edited by Giliodor; Aug 21 2013 at 03:24 PM.
    Brandywine

Interesting. We'll see if it turns out that way though.

On a side note, they've said a couple of times now that fully specced freeps will have around 20 skills. After checking my R8 Creeps(the highest I have), one had 24 and the other 21. I'd say if people want to see how a class with that many skills play as, checking out creep classes is a good idea(granted the freeps will feel much more polished).

Interesting. We'll see if it turns out that way though.

On a side note, they've said a couple of times now that fully specced freeps will have around 20 skills. After checking my R8 Creeps(the highest I have), one had 24 and the other 21. I'd say if people want to see how a class with that many skills play as, checking out creep classes is a good idea(granted the freeps will feel much more polished).
    this is pretty disturbing, tbh. Its what we all expected, but I was still holding out hope freeps wouldn't have their complliment of skills put on the chopping block, and maybe, just maybe creeps might see an expansion in skills. I'm not sure i'll be sticking with this game if both sides become as bare-bones as creepside is now.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

well hunters will be able to dps on the move so....not looking forward to that, hopefully they will be more squishy to counter it
    Ssupermann: I hate minis, they have satellite lazers

The corruption set bonus's is intriguing to say the least. Not going to say thumbs up or down yet until more info comes out but this has the potential (dependent on the bonus of course) to be quite a nice addition to creepside. Need this to be clarified by turbine.

I actually hope it's the opposite. sounds like lots more skill gating and devs really keeping an eye on how potent each class AND spec is next to each other. things like red warden won't be able to self heal nearly as well as he can now, and a blue warden will never do good dots. or a red minstrel unable to use anthem heal or CoS.

I actually see this as a whole, a nurf to freeps to solve the issue of instances being way to easy.

though this creep update is probably just a derpy band aid so creeps feel *some* love. expect creeps to be king for a while after HD release while freeps are still being balanced correctly and anything they didn't pick up on in alpha/beta gets sorted (had to test on those with PvMP as they usally are broken with bad character swaps and auto ranking).
    [CENTER][URL=http://s739.photobucket.com/user/bubushum/media/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png.html][IMG]http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx38/bubushum/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    this is pretty disturbing, tbh. Its what we all expected, but I was still holding out hope freeps wouldn't have their complliment of skills put on the chopping block, and maybe, just maybe creeps might see an expansion in skills. I'm not sure i'll be sticking with this game if both sides become as bare-bones as creepside is now.
    To be honest, 20 skills is still 2 skillbars full of combat skills. They didn't include traveling skills in those 20.
    Brandywine

I still don't know why you guys bother analysing anything Turbine says anymore. At the end of the day, they can say whatever they like about the expansion and it'll end up that freeps will be stupidly overpowered and creeps will be walking bags of points.

Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    To be honest, 20 skills is still 2 skillbars full of combat skills. They didn't include traveling skills in those 20.
    I'm guessing it also doesn't include skills like Racial skills, Pet/Herald summon skills, most out of combat skills, etc.

Only speculation though.
    [I]In the sea without lees standeth the Bird of Hermes.
    [/I][I]When all his feathers be from him gone, He standeth still here as a stone.
    Here is now both white and red, And all so the stone to quicken the dead[/I][I].
    The Bird of Hermes is my name, Eating my wings to make me tame.[/I]

Quote Originally Posted by Nerglor View Post
    well hunters will be able to dps on the move so....not looking forward to that, hopefully they will be more squishy to counter it
    You want hunters to be MORE squishy? Hmm...

The dev statement given was they'd give up range for the ability to move. Longer range skills require standing still.
    Leafblade, Captain
    [IMG]http://l-userpic.livejournal.com/70969104/2532739[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkor View Post
    I still don't know why you guys bother analysing anything Turbine says anymore. At the end of the day, they can say whatever they like about the expansion and it'll end up that freeps will be stupidly overpowered and creeps will be walking bags of points.
    hasn't both of the last 2 expansions had creeps the upper hand for half, then switched to freeps? creeps arn't always the losers, and they still somehow wipe Ez mode freeps at time even though people say they can't die. this sounds like there own version of balancing freep classes better. put warden,minstrel,LM,champ down a notch and level the playing feild a little better. they can't really screw it up worst than it is...
    [CENTER][URL=http://s739.photobucket.com/user/bubushum/media/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png.html][IMG]http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx38/bubushum/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by bohbashum View Post
    they can't really screw it up worst than it is...

Actually they can and its always a real possibility that they will...
    Ridduk R14 WL
    Brandywine

The pendulum will continue to swing back and forth, u8 and u9 were creep glory days, u11 is a freep time to shine...

I will wait and see. I am a lifer, so I continue to play. If I had to pay for this game, well, not sure. I am not a fan of these trait trees, but let's wait and see. I just want my r14 cloak, then I can retire to the west.
    Irin r8 Hunter // Arngar r8 Burg // Akthuri r15 LM // Vishus r5 Captain // Curad r10 (active) Mini

Quote Originally Posted by Irin19 View Post
    The pendulum will continue to swing back and forth, u8 and u9 were creep glory days, u11 is a freep time to shine...
    You refer to them as creep glory days but what it really was was the creeps getting somewhere close to be being balanced. They were still weaker than freeps, but freeps are too used to completely outclassing their opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Squelcher View Post
    You refer to them as creep glory days but what it really was was the creeps getting somewhere close to be being balanced. They were still weaker than freeps, but freeps are too used to completely outclassing their opponents.
    This, is very true. But still only 0,1% of all freeps will admit it. Wish the balance would always be like then...
    Brandywine

I also think what is experienced server to server varies. On Silverlode the creep "glory days" had full raids sitting at GTA for hours with nothing to do because the could roam the map with impunity. GV was camped nightly on maps that were constantly red.

You could say it was a toon of the month thing (if so, why was everyone playing a creep?) but creeps dominated, period.

Opinions will always vary.
    Irin r8 Hunter // Arngar r8 Burg // Akthuri r15 LM // Vishus r5 Captain // Curad r10 (active) Mini

HD = High definition right?
    ~Nimolas R11 Warden (Retired before RoR) (Snowbourn)

~Eralwen R10 hunter

I also think what is experienced server to server varies. On Silverlode the creep "glory days" had full raids sitting at GTA for hours with nothing to do because the could roam the map with impunity. GV was camped nightly on maps that were constantly red.

You could say it was a toon of the month thing (if so, why was everyone playing a creep?) but creeps dominated, period.

Creeps dominated during that time, certainly. But I don't believe it was because the creep classes were overpowered, or freep classes were underpowered. I attribute it largely to the freeps' inexperience dealing with the newly revamped creeps, them still working off the months of skill rust built up by the Rise of Isengard faceroll, a low point in the freep gear progression and the increased population of creepside. All of those would have been evened out eventually, the massive freeps buffs with U10 and 11 were not necessary.

Creeps dominated during that time, certainly. But I don't believe it was because the creep classes were overpowered, or freep classes were underpowered. I attribute it largely to the freeps' inexperience dealing with the newly revamped creeps, them still working off the months of skill rust built up by the Rise of Isengard faceroll, a low point in the freep gear progression and the increased population of creepside. All of those would have been evened out eventually, the massive freeps buffs with U10 and 11 were not necessary.
    It was numbers, plain and simple. Even groups, both with audacity, freeps with 2nd agers and skraid/teal crafted jewelry, they still had a slight edge, but skills creeps with even numbers against less skill/organized freeps the creeps still won.

Problem was, freeps rarely found creeps in numbers even with their own. Nothing more to it than that.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Yelloweyedemon View Post
    HD = High definition right?
    Correct! Corruption bonuses are in High Definition

This is exactly what I wanted to say... I'd give rep, if I could! To be quite honest, I ,as freep, loved RoR/U9. It was challenging, but definitely not impossible. But well, the QQ of all the skill-less zerglings worked!
    Brandywine

+Rep! this is mostly what happend.

Hahaha no way! during that time, that the creeps where almost "balanced" it was really fun to play freepside again because it was "challenging" and the other side could give you a decent fight.

The main problem was that the most part of the freeps didnt knew what to do against almost balanced oponents and they where so used to faceroll like in ROI days that they fliped to creepside and that caused numbers imbalance.

The same freeps that nowdays camp grams everynight they where on this p2win defilers and spiders camping GV all day to get their armor on freepside and wait till the freeps become ezmode again to flip back and camp grams like they do now.. and they will keep doing it till this game become balanced one day.

Exactly this! i wish i could give +rep

-Since creeps can be purchased to play and you dont need to be VIP to go to pvp on creepside I really doubt that creeps will be ever balanced

-Freeps will be always better because people pay money to go to the moors, and we all know that since the store was introduced on PVP this game support the person with more money to spend... really sad, thank god that they removed the new bubble pots from the store and nerfed the store brands.
    [URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/818/6kvc.png/][IMG]http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/5356/6kvc.png[/IMG][/URL]

Rank 10 War Leader // Rank 11 Guardian

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast