We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

The Palantir recovered in Book 1

Did anything happen to the Palantir our character recovers from Amarthiel in Book 1? I seem to remember giving it to Calenglad in Evendim and I wondered if I'd missed it being mentioned again.

I've not done all the interlude session plays in Wildermore yet so apologies if it comes up in one of them.
    Crickhollow
    Lv 100 Loxsley Man Hunter
    Lv 77 Vetyran Man Captain
    Lv 75 Tungsten Dwarf Guardian

I found another thread about this stone, but haven't fully read it yet, you might find answers here.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ath-(Question)
    [B][U]Gilrain:[/U] [COLOR="red"]Dobric 98 guardian[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR="yellow"]Dobli 30 minstrel[/COLOR] [COLOR="cyan"]Dimbli 18 dwarf champion[/COLOR] [COLOR=#8B4513]Dobriel 15 loremaster[/COLOR]| [B][U]Snowbourn:[/U] [COLOR="orange"]Dobs 100 burglar[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR="yellowgreen"]Dorblin 42 runekeeper[/COLOR] [COLOR="#EE82EE"]Dabeldor 21 captain[/COLOR] [COLOR="#3366ff"]Dobegar 21 hunter[/COLOR] [COLOR="lightgreen"]Dobebrand 17 warden[/COLOR]

Thanks, that thread talks about the origin of Mordirith's Palantir, but it seems it's not mentioned again once in Calenglad's possession.
    Crickhollow

Even though we recover it, the Free Peoples can't use it as intended. The Rangers know that some of the palantiri are lost and possibly in the hands of enemies. It is fortunate that it is not mentioned again, since Sauron and Saruman both have access to palantiri, as does Denethor, and thus to use the one we recover would possible corrupt the user, or at the very least to inform the Enemy of our plans. Remember, Aragorn was only able to use the Orthanc palantir because he was of the line of the Kings of Numenor, with elves as ancestors, and even then it taxed his strength of will.
    Narlinde, level 100 Minstrel, Rank 11, Member of Trucido ~ Windfola

I still hope it comes up again in the Epic. Knowing the Rangers there's still room for a screw up of Candaith proportions should one of them try and use it.

At any rate, if Calenglad has taken it south, he and Aragorn can have one hell of a game of conkers!
    Crickhollow

I kinda think that Golodir would be the voice of protest and reason if any of the other Rangers submitted the idea of using it to them. Remember, he was tortured by Mordirith using the palantir that Amarthiel stole from Carn Dum and which we recovered with Calenglad.

Also, if you look at the text of the epic questline, Calenglad actually says "I will bring the palantir to one that will keep it safe." So, he doesn't actually have it anymore after Book 10, Chapter 14. A better question might be, who is the mysterious "someone" who will keep it safe? My bet is the Blue Lady, since we all know how enamored of her Calenglad is, and she's pretty trustworthy and powerful enough to keep it from others (I think that the implication is that she is probably one of the lesser Maiar, right?). Alternatively, I suppose Calenglad could have sent the palantir to Cirdan at the Gray Havens for safekeeping and possible transport to Valinor, but the Blue Lady fits more, I think.
    Narlinde, level 100 Minstrel, Rank 11, Member of Trucido ~ Windfola