We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Bring Back My Lotro and My friends list!!!

I hate this style forum and have quit many games because it is not as user friendly. Also, I want my friends list back. My Lotro had it stored now that are gone.

We'll be sorry to see you go. But you should be aware that threatening to take your ball and go home doesn't make you likely to get what you want... it tends to leave you at home, alone, wondering why you don't have any friends.
    [center][color=cyan]I used to have a signature but it went away with the forum revamp.[/color]
    [color=gold]ARKENSTONE:[/color][color=tan] Mithraudecthel 85 Elf WDN; Ulroduil 85 Elf GRD;
    Dagorlaer 68 Elf MIN; Fortinagard 55 Hobbit WDN; Galagath 50 Elf HNT;
    Tedimore 45 Man BRG; Faenvenel 37 Elf RK; Fingaladan 31 Elf LM[/color][/center]

They said they were going to remove it. They removed it.

Do you think they will be bringing it back if they purposefully removed it?
    [center]Superior Grand Master Spectator of Wall-Paint Drying[/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_Underhill View Post
    We'll be sorry to see you go. But you should be aware that threatening to take your ball and go home doesn't make you likely to get what you want... it tends to leave you at home, alone, wondering why you don't have any friends.
    I did not make a threat. I am offended that you falsely accuse people of thing. That is one of the BIGGEST Problems I have with this kind of forum. I made a statement based on fact and you twist it to something else. You should be ashame of your self.

Quote Originally Posted by red814 View Post
    I hate this style forum and have quit many games because it is not as user friendly. Also, I want my friends list back. My Lotro had it stored now that are gone.
    I did not make a threat. I am offended that you falsely accuse people of thing. That is one of the BIGGEST Problems I have with this kind of forum. I made a statement based on fact and you twist it to something else. You should be ashame of your self.
    Do you see what you wrote in the first post? "I hate this style forum and have quit many games because it is not as user friendly." That is an implied threat.
    [center][color=cyan]I used to have a signature but it went away with the forum revamp.[/color]
    [color=gold]ARKENSTONE:[/color][color=tan] Mithraudecthel 85 Elf WDN; Ulroduil 85 Elf GRD;

No it states a fact of my past. At no point did I make any threat. You assumed too much.

They won't be coming back. Turbine knows exactly what percentage of their customers were using each feature, and the forums were (and are) used vastly more than any of the My LOTRO stuff was. Forums are often used by only a fraction of active players, and those other features were used by a much smaller percentage than that. They simply weren't worth the cost to fix and maintain.

Khafar

Quote Originally Posted by Khafar View Post
    They won't be coming back. Turbine knows exactly what percentage of their customers were using each feature, and the forums were (and are) used vastly more than any of the My LOTRO stuff was. Forums are often used by only a fraction of active players, and those other features were used by a much smaller percentage than that. They simply weren't worth the cost to fix and maintain.

Khafar
    Well this is worse because people jump to stupid conclusions just like he did from a simply stated fact. This style of forum drives people out of the forums because of drama like this.

No it states a fact of my past. At no point did I make any threat. You assumed too much.
    Whether you choose to believe it or not, your statement of what you have done in the past, combined with your upset of what you see as something similar here, will be construed by most people as a threat. It comes across as "if you don't xxx I will yyy". Words have meaning and they also have implications. If you don't want to be misinterpreted, be more careful of how you state things.

Quote Originally Posted by BentoIce View Post
    Whether you choose to believe it or not, your statement of what you have done in the past, combined with your upset of what you see as something similar here, will be construed by most people as a threat. It comes across as "if you don't xxx I will yyy". Words have meaning and they also have implications. If you don't want to be misinterpreted, be more careful of how you state things.
    I stated facts. I did not make a threat. I made no ultimatum. Only a negative person would assume I did and try to start drama about it. This kind of forum always put people on guard and that leads them to see only negativity and that leads to drama like this. This simply thing has proved my point.

I stated facts. I did not make a threat. I made no ultimatum. Only a negative person would assume I did and try to start drama about it. This kind of forum always put people on guard and that leads them to see only negativity and that leads to drama like this. This simply thing has proved my point.
    You stated facts in such a manner as to make an implicit threat of leaving if you didn't get your way - i.e., having my.lotro.com and your friends list returned to you. I called you on it, and pointed out that your behavior was juvenile and likely to leave you with few friends... and so far, you've done nothing to prove me wrong.

Don't try to come across injured and morally superior - you haven't got the chops for it. Accept that you were wrong and move on with your life.

As for 'starting drama'... Mr. Pot, you have a call from Mr. Kettle on line two.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_Underhill View Post
    You stated facts in such a manner as to make an implicit threat of leaving if you didn't get your way - i.e., having my.lotro.com and your friends list returned to you. I called you on it, and pointed out that your behavior was juvenile and likely to leave you with few friends... and so far, you've done nothing to prove me wrong.

Don't try to come across injured and morally superior - you haven't got the chops for it. Accept that you were wrong and move on with your life.

As for 'starting drama'... Mr. Pot, you have a call from Mr. Kettle on line two.
    You start the treat BS, not me. I said I have left other games because of this kind of forum and said I want my friends list back. Restoring my friends list is not that big of a request. I never once said I was quitting not did I say if you don't give me what I want I will quit. You made false assumptions based on your own negativity. You started the drama. You have twisted what I said and changed it to start a fight. GROW UP! Not everything has hidden meaning. Some people say exactly what they mean without having hidden meaning. It called honesty, look it up. I say what I mean and I don't like people adding to what I say. That is exactly why this kind of forum sucks.

You start the treat BS, not me. I said I have left other games because of this kind of forum and said I want my friends list back. Restoring my friends list is not that big of a request. I never once said I was quitting not did I say if you don't give me what I want I will quit. You made false assumptions based on your own negativity. You started the drama. You have twisted what I said and changed it to start a fight. GROW UP! Not everything has hidden meaning. Some people say exactly what they mean without having hidden meaning. It called honesty, look it up. I say what I mean and I don't like people adding to what I say. That is exactly why this kind of forum sucks.
    If it wasn't a threat, then why did you mention it in that sentence?
    Surely you mentioned it because it has some connection with your statement about the forum/friendslist? By which I mean you having said "I disapprove of your X and I have done Y in the past because I disapproved of X before"
    And if that connection is indeed the case, then yes, you made an implied threat. Namely you going to do Y again.
    [I]In the sea without lees standeth the Bird of Hermes.
    [/I][I]When all his feathers be from him gone, He standeth still here as a stone.
    Here is now both white and red, And all so the stone to quicken the dead[/I][I].
    The Bird of Hermes is my name, Eating my wings to make me tame.[/I]

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofHermes View Post
    If it wasn't a threat, then why did you mention it in that sentence?
    Surely you mentioned it because it has some connection with your statement about the forum/friendslist? By which I mean you having said "I disapprove of your X and I have done Y in the past because I disapproved of X before"
    And if that connection is indeed the case, then yes, you made an implied threat. Namely you going to do Y again.
    though i agree with birdofhermes all i see is a discussion about how he said things and no constructive dicussion about features of the forum, in my opinion this thread should be closed...
    Flixxer - Hunter - Imladris - 100 R7 ---- Danielleth - Minstrel - Imladris - 22
    Zaireth - Rune-keeper - Imladris - 73 -- Ariannasophia - Warden - Imladris - 14
    Flixxer - Champion - Eldar - 54

This entire indecent proves my point about how bad this kind of forum is. One person makes a truthful statement and it gets twisted into something it's not. I am done with the lotro forums for good. Thank you for distroying part of my game for me. You can all bite me.

It kinda looks like you were planning on quitting already, and just came here to stir up trouble. You keep talking about how bad "these forums" are even though you're being the most antagonistic one in here.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

this kind of forum sucks.
    You probably will not reply to this as you left the forums but i am curious to know what other kind of forums you mean and what they contain or do not contain?

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_forum

An Internet forum, or message board, is an online discussion site where people can hold conversations in the form of posted messages.
    A friends list is not a forum, the lorebook was not a forum.

In its essence this forum here is exactly the same as the old forum with respect to the definition i quoted.