We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

How come I have to log in each visit??

Seriously. I thought this web sight overhaul was going to address this.

Why is this sight the only sight that can't remember me?

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...17#post6881117

Auto logout has been increased to 6 hours.
    Council Of The West On Snowbourn

Runesi lvl 100 Rune Keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Runesi_EU View Post
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...17#post6881117

Auto logout has been increased to 6 hours.
    But why have an auto log out?

I did not mind as much when there was a separate password to log into the web page then to my account. But now every time I want to log into the sight I have to turn off my internet security because I have the password protected from leaving my computer.

Not sure why they felt they wanted to make that change. Never have been happy about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandie2 View Post
    But why have an auto log out?
    Sapience says "security reasons", and has also said that people way above his pay grade are insisting on it.

My guess is that being permanently logged in has caused some sort of vulnerability for an account hack (no speculation on the details of how that might work, please), and they want to shut most of those down. Account hacks not only distress customers, they also cost Turbine $$ since GMs have to deal with the restorations.

If that's correct, it would also explain why they don't want to give a reason any more detailed than "security reasons"... it makes the "shared forum/account password" strategy look bad.

Khafar