We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Mines of Moria

Mines of Moria

Hello all fellow wanderers.

There are currently 2 Moria expansions in the LotRO store, one with quest packs and the other, well, it's also an expansion I guess. But I'm confused about what I actually need to buy to venture into Moria. I'm getting my Dwarf Guardian ready for Moria (although he is still level 31) and I'd like to buy Moria now while it's still on a 20% sale. Sooner or later I'll have to buy it so might as well do it now. But there are 2 things I can buy, one is an expansion and the other one is.. uh.. something with quests and instances.

So, do I buy the left one, right one, or both? (sorry if I'm asking dumb questions here, lol, but it's been a loong while).

the expansion also comes with the rune-keeper class and the warden class... so if you only want to lvl your dwarf guardian, just buy the qp of moria which is currently on offer

The expansion (left image) includes quests, instances, runekeeper and warden classes, two extra character slots and I think a raised skirm soldier level (not sure on that as I stopped caring about skirm soldiers long ago).
    The quest pack (right image) only includes quests and instances.

The 2495 version contains:
    • Quests & Instances (same as the 1495 Quest Pack currently on sale)
    • Skirmish Trait Max Rank 15
    • Runekeeper Class
    • Warden Class
    • 2 x Characters slots

Yup, if you just want to play the Moria quest content, get the less expensive one (which is on sale right now for 1196 TP). It's just like buying any other regional quest pack.

The more expensive one is the full Moria expansion, which comes with access to two character classes and extra slots and other bonuses. But if all you want to do is be able to play and level in Moria you don't need this one.

Ah I see. Might aswell buy the most expensive one, if I buy the quest-version only I might regret it later, so I wont have to waste additional turbine points. Thanks a lot folks.