We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Is anything account wide

So if you've seen my other post I'm debating if to make a new character on a more highly populated server. Is anything account wide such as mounts, mithril coins and stuff, or do you got to buy the premium wallet or shared storage. Also another small question I wanted to check out AH's on other servers to see how they are like compared to the server I'm on, so what level do you need to get to, to do that I don't want to spend hours just to look at the AH, but it will help be decide if a server is better than mine or not.

Almost nothing is account wide. Mithril coins are bound to server, as are your Destiny Points. Mounts are bound to your character. However, any items your characters normally start with, such as the Rohan pre-order mount, will be in your inventory when you create a new character no matter what server it's on.

Premium Wallet and Shared Storage only allow you to share items between characters on the same server. They won't help with characters on other servers.

You can check an AH as soon as you're out of the little Intro section (Archet for Men and Hobbits, that dwarf storyline in Ered Luin for elves and dwarves), so around level 4 or 5. However, you may not get the full picture just by looking at the AH anyway, since prices may be more expensive but gold may be astronomically easier to get, or prices may be cheaper but gold is stupidly hard to get (for some weird reason).
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

Most stuff labeled account wide are good on all servers, like wardrobe, shared storage, pre-order bonuses, account wide mounts/costumes, account wide enhanced riding skills, premium wallet and such. Things that go into the wallet seem to be bound to specific servers, such as mithral coins purchases.

As to auction house, I'm not sure, but you should be able to look at it once you finish up the intro. (I'm usually lvl 7 when done.)
    Redterrier

Quote Originally Posted by Redterrier View Post
    Most stuff labeled account wide are good on all servers, like wardrobe, shared storage
    This is incorrect, unless you're referring to the actual wardrobe space. Wardrobe, Shared Storage, and Premium Wallet contents are restricted to server. Moria Medallions for example will go into your Premium Wallet on any server, but if you have some on Brandywine, those same tokens will not show up on Elendilmir.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

There are some items that are unlocks on your account and open that item on all servers but individual items on server A do not necessarily flow to server B even if that is an unlocked item.

If you transfer a character, you pretty much load up their pockets before the transfer but much will not cross the server boundaries. Houses, cosmetics and loads more will not follow you.
    Whoever says “I” creates the “you.” Such is the trap of every conscience. The “I” signifies both solitude and rejection of solitude. Words name things and then replace them. Whoever says tomorrow, denies it. Tomorrow exists only for him who does not seek it. And yesterday? Yesterday is Kolvillàg: a name to forget, a word already forgotten.

The Oath: A Novel by Elie Wiesel

You get any of the game content conveniences you've bought:
    shared wardrobe space, shared storage space, character slots unlocked, classes unlocked, quest packs bought, skirms bought, expansions bought, acc-wide mounts bought

marks/meds/cash/mithril coins etc do not carry over between servers on same acc

EDIT I have to say it's good fun to go play some other server - whenever I'm temporarily VIP I create a few characters in advance on some random server just in case I want some fresh place later (during VIP because I can't stand not using swift travel, I'm a lazy bum).

Quote Originally Posted by TinDragon View Post

Premium Wallet and Shared Storage only allow you to share items between characters on the same server. They won't help with characters on other servers.
    Also worth noting before purchasing either the Wallet or Shared Storage, those two vehicles only allow you to share items that can be shared between characters; neither service makes a previously-bound item shareable.

I've seen a couple people who didn't catch that part get frustrated after purchase.
    The forums are not an accurate representation of the thoughts and feelings of the whole player base. Those who like a particular feature are in the game enjoying that feature. Those who don't like it log out to mention it on the forums. It is a relevant but biased source of feedback, and any claims of community desire should take this fact into account.

Quote Originally Posted by TinDragon View Post
    This is incorrect, unless you're referring to the actual wardrobe space. Wardrobe, Shared Storage, and Premium Wallet contents are restricted to server. Moria Medallions for example will go into your Premium Wallet on any server, but if you have some on Brandywine, those same tokens will not show up on Elendilmir.
    I believe Redterrier meant exactly this but formulated it in a more condense and less precise form. I am not sure I can do it better though. Shared Storage and Wardrobe exist for your characters on other servers and it is a very big help for new alts. For example, whenever I make a new toon on a new server I have 30 slots in a normal vault and 130 slots in a shared vault which I can use immediately. I find this to be of a huge help
    Ishtarien - Captain
    Ishtarel - Hunter / Kadarka - Minstrel
    Ishtaridas - LRM 105 / Ishtari - RNK 105 / Ishti - BRG 105 / Cabernetta - GRD 105 / Medovinus - BRN 105
    The Mellowship || Eldar -> Evernight

It doesn't help if you forget that Turbine Points ARE Account wide. I once bought a few spendy things on an alternate server, and OOPS! where did my points go on my main? *face palm*
    Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius. And it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring. -Marilyn Monroe

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000009cdba/01006/signature.png]Anefadriel[/charsig]