We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Stick a fork in the farmers, you're officially done for!

Hello, I’m River, Customer Service Manager at Turbine.

For some time now, the Customer Service team has been reading your comments and thoughts regarding “rank farming’. Together with the Developers, Community team, and players council we have come up with a clear, official definition and policy regarding “rank farming” in the Ettenmoors.

“Rank Farming” is officially defined as the intentional surrender of your character to an enemy; resulting in a purposeful defeat and a gain of Infamy or Glory to increase rank. Rank Farming is specific to Ettenmoors PvMP (Freep vs. Monster Player). The enemy can be controlled by any player - either the same player controlling the surrendering character, or someone else.

Participation in Rank Farming is an abuse of our game mechanics, and against our rules. Customer Service can identify this behavior and will take the appropriate action on both accounts involved, based on our findings. This activity can also be reported to the in-game staff for review.

This policy is effective immediately and is *not retroactive*. We will not be taking action on previous potential violations. Any reports filed should be of actions witnessed after the publication of this policy.

Please remember that we have multiple ways to verify players are participating in this behavior. Additionally, players who frequently report others falsely may also be subject to disciplinary action for harassment

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...rming-Official

Times up and you farmers are finished. Took longer than we wanted but its happened. Enjoy
    Ughidontknow rnk 14 hunter...Tripso rnk 6 burg...Izeatzfreepz rnk 8 warg....Yells rnk 10 warleader
    Leader of The Hobbit Syndicate
    "Everyone wants to be the hero and no one wants to be support"

Was about to post this too, but just got on break. Too bad past farmers won't be punished as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeylad View Post
    Was about to post this too, but just got on break. Too bad past farmers won't be punished as well.
    I agree but it slows the ranks down of the farmers and therefore hopefully will semi even out the field because the current tracks farmers were on was going to cause a shift turbine couldn't repair with so many high ranked BFP's.
    Ughidontknow rnk 14 hunter...Tripso rnk 6 burg...Izeatzfreepz rnk 8 warg....Yells rnk 10 warleader

Agreed. Maybe someday they'll do something about boxers in the moors.

Good news!
    Wolfgash - Rank 14 Warg, Gladden

I've never really had anything against farmers. They really can't play anyways and are 95% of the time very easy kills. I see people who dislike it, but I don't think the farming justify the weeks with flame on glff. So, sure a farmer must be a really bad person for spending hours of his life killing a few pixels to earn some more pixels.. Let me get this straight, I don't farm, but I don't accept the flame that follows either. I wonder if people here will flame me just as much if I tell you guys that back in SoM my reaver was as kill away from r2 so I did the horrible crime of killing an afk player. To this day I remember that afk dude who I killed, unable to defend himself or fight back just to get a few points, im so bad :/

So yeah, what Im getting at, farmers waste their time and ain't half as bad as the people flaming them for months/years after.

Personally I wouldn't report, but each to their own.

I know you've been waiting for this a long time Ugh so Ill just say grats and leave it at that
    Do you come from a land down under? Where women glow and men plunder? Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder? You better run, you better take cover - Men at Work.
    You're welcome. Now it will fester in your head :p

Quote Originally Posted by Witch0King View Post
    I've never really had anything against farmers. They really can't play anyways and are 95% of the time very easy kills. I see people who dislike it, but I don't think the farming justify the weeks with flame on glff. So, sure a farmer must be a really bad person for spending hours of his life killing a few pixels to earn some more pixels.. Let me get this straight, I don't farm, but I don't accept the flame that follows either. I wonder if people here will flame me just as much if I tell you guys that back in SoM my reaver was as kill away from r2 so I did the horrible crime of killing an afk player. To this day I remember that afk dude who I killed, unable to defend himself or fight back just to get a few points, im so bad :/

So yeah, what Im getting at, farmers waste their time and ain't half as bad as the people flaming them for months/years after.

Personally I wouldn't report, but each to their own.

I know you've been waiting for this a long time Ugh so Ill just say grats and leave it at that
    Catching someone afk is miles away from the circle of farming. Only safe place to go afk is in gv/grams!

Sorry but its downright despicable to have to cheat in a game. Renown farming is cheating PERIOD. People didn't like it when he who shall not be named lived on his rock in EC and was legacy stacking run buffs. Nor did they like the skirmish stacking morons. Same thing different scenario, its cheating. And public ridicule was the only tool we had at hand to control farming in the Ettenmoors and its proven rather effective no matter how tacky it is. This makes turbine do the dirty work with the more powerful options to resolve farming than glff razzing ever could.

Good Riddance.

I wonder if we can report all the freeps/creeps who make a raid for like 5 creeps/freeps and farm a keep for hours on end because that pretty much fits the farming description to me.

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyes2009 View Post
    I wonder if we can report all the freeps/creeps who make a raid for like 5 creeps/freeps and farm a keep for hours on end because that pretty much fits the farming description to me.
    If one side is too crowded they should log? I see why they wanna form a group if the action is spread. Too bad very few of the freeps bother to group.

Quote Originally Posted by idontcare789 View Post
    Catching someone afk is miles away from the circle of farming. Only safe place to go afk is in gv/grams!

Sorry but its downright despicable to have to cheat in a game. Renown farming is cheating PERIOD. People didn't like it when he who shall not be named lived on his rock in EC and was legacy stacking run buffs. Nor did they like the skirmish stacking morons. Same thing different scenario, its cheating. And public ridicule was the only tool we had at hand to control farming in the Ettenmoors and its proven rather effective no matter how tacky it is. This makes turbine do the dirty work with the more powerful options to resolve farming than glff razzing ever could.

Good Riddance.
    Yeah, I once met a skirmish stacker with over 100k finesse and other buffs in-game once, still beat him 1on1 lol. Well I hope this will reduce the amount of farming and flaming to a minimum.
    Do you come from a land down under? Where women glow and men plunder? Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder? You better run, you better take cover - Men at Work.
    You're welcome. Now it will fester in your head :p

I would hope Turbine finally decided to do something about this due to the ridiculous amount of infamy/renown you get from buffs, not to mention the OP buffs letting you farm faster. Shadow must have proved a point haha.

I always have pictures handy for any occasion.

Also, hi.
    [img]https://puu.sh/eEtPr/e6936d48fb.jpg[/img]
    [color=darkred]High Chieftan Urukhaithere + Chieftan Vargburz + Commander Annorian + Liutenant Professorbananas[/color]

Holy ####!!!! I might have to dust off the ole staff!

What's up Noobs!

Val

Stun immunity should be a 5 minute group buff!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0120300000006c7ce/01003/signature.png]Valistar[/charsig]
    "I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory, I love only that which it defends" J. R. Tolkien