We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

I have seen no one in game so far!

This is the strangest MMORPG I've ever played, and I've played lots since I am level 70 and have seen no other characters in game leveling up so far. It feels like a single player RPG. I have seen a few characters by pressing O in the "who" panel but maybe only around 30 in total at most the whole time (even in Bree, there is usually only like 2 or 3 people there,) but I have never physically seen anyone else's character in game. I am getting quite lonely in the game and am beginning to struggle to level and it would be nice to have people to play with. I am on the server Evernight but live in North America (there was no indication that this was a EU server when choosing it, so this may be part of the problem.) I've read other posts like this and most say everyone is at the endgame content but shouldn't I have seen at least a few people since I'm now in Dunland! What should I do, I'm a play to win player and don't wanna be on a dead server with no PvMP or anything. Are things different on the high population servers, should I just start over on one,? or should I just continue leveling and see if there is anyone in the endgame, but I highly doubt there is either.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon262644 View Post
    This is the strangest MMORPG I've ever played, and I've played lots since I am level 70 and have seen no other characters in game leveling up so far. It feels like a single player RPG. I have seen a few characters by pressing O in the "who" panel but maybe only around 30 in total at most the whole time (even in Bree, there is usually only like 2 or 3 people there,) but I have never physically seen anyone else's character in game. I am getting quite lonely in the game and am beginning to struggle to level and it would be nice to have people to play with. I am on the server Evernight but live in North America (there was no indication that this was a EU server when choosing it, so this may be part of the problem.) I've read other posts like this and most say everyone is at the endgame content but shouldn't I have seen at least a few people since I'm now in Dunland! What should I do, I'm a play to win player and don't wanna be on a dead server with no PvMP or anything. Are things different on the high population servers, should I just start over on one,? or should I just continue leveling and see if there is anyone in the endgame, but I highly doubt there is either.
    head on over to the server section of the forums and find the most populated U.S. server there and roll a new toon on that server....

It must be the server you're on and the time you play. Sometimes, in the Bree crafting hall, there are so many people there it's hard to get to the workbenches and such. I'm on Meneldor, which is not the busiest server, and I rarely go very long without seeing someone else playing where I am.
    Officer and elder member of the Claws of Abigail kin.

Come to Brandywine. We welcome you with open arms

unless you like to Role-play or participate in lots of player events, then go to Landroval.

Those are the two largest, most active, US servers.
    [CENTER][SIZE=1]MINSTREL and member of the vocal minority[/SIZE][/CENTER]

The other option is to find a kinship. I find that being in a kinship makes ALL the difference in the world. It can make a small population server seem like a bustling community because you always have people to play with and talk to.

You may have some trouble finding a kinship on Evernight that is on during your playtime.

I really wish Turbine would give some sort of information on peak hours for each server so unsuspecting people like yourself wouldn't have this problem after 70 levels It's been suggested more than once.
    [CENTER][SIZE=1]MINSTREL and member of the vocal minority[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Being a European player on a US server, I've had the same problem for a long time. Not only the timezone problem, but most people have capped toons and hang out in end-game areas - you should start seeing a lot of people in Rohan.

Before you switch servers, you can always check the GLFF channel: /joinchannel GLFF (or GlobalLFF? - let someone from Evernight correct me).
    It'll allow you to see if there are other players around at your timezone, or even an american kinship you could join.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/7803/rz50.png[/IMG][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?508409-Scenic-Arda"]Scenic Arda[/URL] - [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?532343-Scenic-Helm-s-Deep&p=7014227"]Scenic Helm's Deep[/URL] - [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?519168-New-forum-skin-light-theme"]Forum Light Theme[/URL][/CENTER]

I am on the server Evernight but live in North America (there was no indication that this was a EU server when choosing it, so this may be part of the problem.)
    This is undoubtedly the problem.

Evernight is a reasonably populated server but being a mostly EU based server the population drops off very sharply at around 9-10pm GMT, which would be around 5pm your time (or even earlier depending on your exact time zone). By the time the average US player would get on in the evening the server would be almost deserted.
    How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine

Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.

The speed at which you level on this game has increased dramatically over the years. I've seen people reach max level in under a week. As a result, the game is largely empty until the end has been my experience. But once you reach the "endgame" you will start to see a lot more people. So I doubt it's a problem with your server. It's just the way this game has shifted over the years. It tilts heavily toward the end, and that's where all the action takes place.

Thanks for the answers I'll level up to 85 as its probably only a few days away from me getting it and if I don't see anyone in Rohan I'll either rage quit the game lol (unlikely) or go make a new character on Brandywine. I do not know why it double posted so can a mod delete the other post I did not mean to double post and had no idea it happened.

Thanks for the answers I'll level up to 85 as its probably only a few days away from me getting it and if I don't see anyone in Rohan I'll either rage quit the game lol (unlikely) or go make a new character on Brandywine. I do not know why it double posted so can a mod delete the other post I did not mean to double post and had no idea it happened.
    Can't you transfer your character to a server that suits you better?

I'm sorry if I'm wrong, I'm recently returned to the game after years of absence, but I do remember transferring my character back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Faladmir View Post
    Can't you transfer your character to a server that suits you better?

I'm sorry if I'm wrong, I'm recently returned to the game after years of absence, but I do remember transferring my character back in the day.
    It's not possible to transfer characters from an old EU server to a US server or the other way around. Since they use different kind of data formats for some weird reason. And Turbine doesn't make any bridge for it so it can't be done.

This is the strangest MMORPG I've ever played, and I've played lots since I am level 70 and have seen no other characters in game leveling up so far.
    I'd have quit and rolled a toon on another server if there'd been no other people in the starting area or def by the time I got to Bree...the main town is usually a good indicator of a nicely populated server.

Brandywine is very nice and so is Landroval and you don't have to RP if you don't like it....you should transfer to save all the progress you've made so far.

Start a new character on a US server, EU servers will always be pretty empty for your hours.
    [I]In the sea without lees standeth the Bird of Hermes.
    [/I][I]When all his feathers be from him gone, He standeth still here as a stone.
    Here is now both white and red, And all so the stone to quicken the dead[/I][I].
    The Bird of Hermes is my name, Eating my wings to make me tame.[/I]

I'm actually gonna stay on this server I logged in at the peak time for EU servers and joined globallff and there was 183 people on it. I logged in on Brandywine at the peak NA time and there was only 261 people on. That's not a huge difference. It seems to be just the game, it seems really dumb that Turbine even has so many servers, your game is dying take away half of the servers and merge them there is not enough people to keep them all running fluently!

I'm actually gonna stay on this server I logged in at the peak time for EU servers and joined globallff and there was 183 people on it. I logged in on Brandywine at the peak NA time and there was only 261 people on. That's not a huge difference. It seems to be just the game, it seems really dumb that Turbine even has so many servers, your game is dying take away half of the servers and merge them there is not enough people to keep them all running fluently!
    GLFF is not an accurate count of players.
    Additionally, it's kind of a big difference since if you sign on your server at peak NA times, your GLFF number will be much lower. Max population on each server may not be too different, but that population is going to be logged on at different times.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

My 2 cents. Save yourself some trouble and roll on a US server. I doubt it will get any better at level 85 because, as mentioned by another person, your prime time (evening US) is middle of the night early morning in Europe, thus the period of lowest activities even if you joined a kin

I would say your on a dead server Right now I have a full toon sets on about 10 or 12 severs and out of the 12 I have been playing on for 2 years now there is on 2 that have survived for me that would be Brandywine and Meneldor and if you like to RP there still a bit going on Landorvel The res dead as a door nail. My main server Arkenstone just seem to die over night about 9 months ago. I was lucky tom have good set of toon on BW and MD to rebuild after some time after update 10 and what up date 10 did not kill update 11 just drove the last nail.

There are a few world that has a false appearance to be alive when in bree but as soon as you get past Bree and finish the lone lands its just as dead as the rest that right about the time the FTP guys run out steam or content and you see that server is dead too. You can see it real easy with a fast look in the AH when there is tons of stuff in the ah up to about 30th level. and others like Meneldor has little stuff below 30 but picks up at around 35 to 40 level.

I have a kinship on Meneldor that I have trying to build for about 3 months now and I just can't get anything going on with it most of the players below 30th are FTP so I can recruit like crazy but most last till about 30th level and there gone not that they level the kin they just end up in the dead toons bucket. I mean you can set you watch by it. I had to give recruiting, I will start again in a few days and this time i will start with player 35 and up and see how that goes but I am lucky I have my wife top play with and we can just duet most of the content thru Moria NP since there have nerfed most of the content make it more solo friendly so they say fact is there no body left and most of the Old timers are gone that could actually play.

Trying to get a fellowship now the do any content is almost impossible as you rarely find any one that is been here for longer than a month or 2. I am hope this to get better after 40 level but I will know more over the next 5 levels to play here on Meneldor.

I would say your best bet is to try and talk a few of your buddies to join u. That way if you have say 4 guys to run with you should do ok but the gene pool here in LOTRO is pretty poor so good luck
    I would really recommend a character move service to one the the 2 server spoke about. There might be 1 or 2 more out here servers that is to chose from but I can only say how it is on the 12 severs I play on.

Most of these sever deaths where caused buy very bad releases of the last 2 updates they where so infested with bugs even the bugs had bugs! Then Many of the changes in the game to dumb it down has killed most of the raids and instances unless you can find one of the better kinship's that still have people left in them that have be around more then a few weeks. Then you might be able to pull a group together that way that have similar play styles.

If you find a group like that your gold!! Again happy hunting and good luck!

Yes that would make sense but you have to understand thing that have logic are not comprehensible to the staff here and there are still in denial that also most everything they did in the last year was wrong and compressing the servers would be admitting that have failed. also I now so sure that the dilapidated severs there using could handle the load. Not o mention that i am not sure that they have the staff capable to pull off such a move. I mean they had a system crash about 1.5 to 3 months back and the game was down for a few days. When they got it up and running They 2 toned my Reverller's my nice red horse into a half blue and half red horse now his is a account wide horse with matching outfits all red well accept for the horse of course that is now half blue. My wife and I spent about 2000 point for this set. Its now 2 month later and our horses are still half blue and they have not lifted a finger to fix it.

How that now you merge the servers wow that should be great we all have dwarfs with eleven heads and hairy hobbit feet. I truly don't think there technology is strong enough. after hey did I think update 10 they developed a bug in the stable horses pathing and for no good reason the house would just stop. well that was a pain but it gets better after a few months of patching and patching unsuccessfully I may add these very same horse decided that had enough and out of frustration and depression they decided to end there lives buy jumping right off cliffs with you on it ending both of your lives. Some of these horses resorted to alcoholism and tried to enter places like the forsaken inn to try and drown there sorrow take there rider into the Inn but not allowing allowing the rider the disembark as I can guess this horse did not want to drink alone. Maybe in fear that that his faulty programming make him end hi own life but either way after nearly 2 hours of being held captive inside the in by this drunken insane horse. The GM did finally show up to coax horse out of the inn.

Now this very same Crew after one of that last updates decided they would take up magic and the made all the buildings in Bree disappear and many other various landmarks vanish into thin air well almost, sometimes they would level some evidence just as pluming or NPC's floating in mid air that happened about 6 or so months back and so far to date they have still not fully recovered and my wife and I where doing some questing in the Lone lands to have about 50% of the fort we where in at the time go missing. I can tell you walking across invisible bridges is a bit disturbing.

As much as I think your right I fear that this crew at LOTRO would be better to not to attempt such a merger as even now I and getting these very disturbing images of all our toon looking like the victims of some serious inbreeding that was subjected to radiation poisoning, I really believe that what ever awful wrongness that would come from this would be a permanent and this surely would not be the desired end to last 2 year of playing. No matter how right you are the risk of letting these clown mess with that much data scares the living hell out of me

Quote Originally Posted by Dafif View Post
    Yes that would make sense but you have to understand thing that have logic are not comprehensible to the staff here and there are still in denial that also most everything they did in the last year was wrong and compressing the servers would be admitting that have failed. also I now so sure that the dilapidated severs there using could handle the load. Not o mention that i am not sure that they have the staff capable to pull off such a move. I mean they had a system crash about 1.5 to 3 months back and the game was down for a few days. When they got it up and running They 2 toned my Reverller's my nice red horse into a half blue and half red horse now his is a account wide horse with matching outfits all red well accept for the horse of course that is now half blue. My wife and I spent about 2000 point for this set. Its now 2 month later and our horses are still half blue and they have not lifted a finger to fix it.

How that now you merge the servers wow that should be great we all have dwarfs with eleven heads and hairy hobbit feet. I truly don't think there technology is strong enough. after hey did I think update 10 they developed a bug in the stable horses pathing and for no good reason the house would just stop. well that was a pain but it gets better after a few months of patching and patching unsuccessfully I may add these very same horse decided that had enough and out of frustration and depression they decided to end there lives buy jumping right off cliffs with you on it ending both of your lives. Some of these horses resorted to alcoholism and tried to enter places like the forsaken inn to try and drown there sorrow take there rider into the Inn but not allowing allowing the rider the disembark as I can guess this horse did not want to drink alone. Maybe in fear that that his faulty programming make him end hi own life but either way after nearly 2 hours of being held captive inside the in by this drunken insane horse. The GM did finally show up to coax horse out of the inn.

Now this very same Crew after one of that last updates decided they would take up magic and the made all the buildings in Bree disappear and many other various landmarks vanish into thin air well almost, sometimes they would level some evidence just as pluming or NPC's floating in mid air that happened about 6 or so months back and so far to date they have still not fully recovered and my wife and I where doing some questing in the Lone lands to have about 50% of the fort we where in at the time go missing. I can tell you walking across invisible bridges is a bit disturbing.

As much as I think your right I fear that this crew at LOTRO would be better to not to attempt such a merger as even now I and getting these very disturbing images of all our toon looking like the victims of some serious inbreeding that was subjected to radiation poisoning, I really believe that what ever awful wrongness that would come from this would be a permanent and this surely would not be the desired end to last 2 year of playing. No matter how right you are the risk of letting these clown mess with that much data scares the living hell out of me
    Yeah, that was really on topic and not a random rant.
    How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine

Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.

Most raiding kins are hibernating right now. Active levels are low across the board as people take breaks before the upcoming expansion. Happens every time. Assessing server pops based on current activity is foolishness.

However, you do want to be on a server that has activity when you normally play. If you are a NA evening player an EU server is not going to work very well.
    100 Warden / RK / LM / Captain / Guardian / Hunter / Burg / Champ / Minstrel
    Brandywine