We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1

    Level 30 class quest problem

    I traveled from Othrikar to the nearby ruin, Ost something, to plant 3 banners. The first one was a no brainer. The second one I spotted was high up on a tower. While jumping to see if I could get on top of a boulder to reach it, my Cappy got stuck for 3-4 seconds and was instantly dead! I sent my higher level hunter to explore and try to find a way up, but with no luck. How do I get to the top of the tower? I thought maybe there was a way to jump across from a nearby wall, but couldn't find a way to get there either. Anyone help? Never got a chance to find the third one either.

    Thanks for any help you can give.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    371
    This is a jumping quest, believe it or not. After futzing around with it quite a bit my first time trying to figure it out,
    I ended up using my horse to jump the gap to get to the 2nd and 3rd banners. But after doing a search, I found this picture,
    which is actually a lot easier: http://www.thebrasse.com/images/captain-l30-ss2.jpg

  3. #3
    It's been a long time since I did it, but IIRC there's actually a set of stairs or such inside the ruins.

    The quest involves a lot of running on the top of the walls to get around, and the last standard requires a jump that is probably best to do with a horse.

  4. #4
    I've been exploring the ruins with my hunter so I could explore in peace. Are the stairs only there in the instance for the Captain? They weren't there for the hunter.

  5. #5
    The stairs and at least one plank leading from one wall to another are indeed only there in the class quest instance. This means only Captains will ever find them, and then only when running the class quest.

    Also, I prefer using a horse for the last standard. However, I recently discovered that a horse is not necessary for reaching it, having jumped on foot and arrived safely. (This may be a recent change, as that did not work for my first Captain 6+ months ago, but it did work for my second one on a different server about a month ago.)

  6. #6
    Thanks everyone. I'll give it another try later today.

  7. #7
    A bonus with using a horse for that last jump is that your herald comes along. If you jump by foot (I think you need a speed-boost like Make Haste to do that though) you'll have to plant your banner right when you land or just kill that last guy without the aura-buff.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    371
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadd_EU View Post
    A bonus with using a horse for that last jump is that your herald comes along. If you jump by foot (I think you need a speed-boost like Make Haste to do that though) you'll have to plant your banner right when you land or just kill that last guy without the aura-buff.
    Since the name of the quest is "A Captain's Standard", I think they're actually trying to get you to
    use your standard instead of your herald, so they put in the jumps to separate you from your herald
    on purpose. So the horse trick is extra...trixy.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgentMage View Post
    Since the name of the quest is "A Captain's Standard", I think they're actually trying to get you to
    use your standard instead of your herald, so they put in the jumps to separate you from your herald
    on purpose. So the horse trick is extra...trixy.
    I don't think I have a standard to use?????? Only the herald of hope and herald of war. Should I have a standard, or am I mistaken in what a standard really is (banner instead of herald)?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    69
    Oh the nostalgia, i remember this quest from yesteryear. The horror of it all! Jumping quests in MMOs never work properly.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeb682 View Post
    I don't think I have a standard to use?????? Only the herald of hope and herald of war. Should I have a standard, or am I mistaken in what a standard really is (banner instead of herald)?
    It is a different item in your ranged slot. and yes it is you just holding a standard and plonking it down sometimes rather than having a bloke following you around.. It has higher base stats but obviously no extra damage from your herald.

  12. #12
    Thanks for that. I'm obviously a noob captain. Somehow I missed the instruction that covered that part. But I have a standard now and am practicing with it.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload