We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Has anyone completed all Barrow Downs Survival Skirm Deeds?

Was thinking about trying to work through these prior to HD and I was wondering if anyone had any tips for the path of least resistance in order to achieve this? I did a few runs of small-fellowship and I must admit my heart sank a little when the kill 7,500 mobs deed opened up. Please tell me there isn't a higher tier to this one?

I noticed a few things... The slayer deeds can be advanced as long as the mobs are non-grey i.e. I was able to set the instance to L77 (as a L85) and the kill deed advance, but none of the other deeds advanced (Lt slayer, not using FMs, timed survival, etc.). Setting the skirmish to L85 means these deeds advance as normal but unfortunately that makes the skirmish much harder and we were unable to last much beyond the 30 minute mark and were some way short of achieving the kill 250 mobs in one encounter deed. I have a suspicion that setting it to -5 level i.e. L80 may still allow these deeds to advance but havent confirmed this.

So anyone managed to get this title? Can you offer advice for someone just about to set out on it?

According to Pineleaf's guide (though it's written before RoR) the kill deeds are at 100, 750, 5'000 and 10'000. These seem to not count toward the meta-deed Surviving the Night though.

There were posts by people on this forum who finished all Barrow-Downs deeds before Isengard even. I doubt it's worth it do to this at this point in time.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000000704a/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi108 View Post
    There were posts by people on this forum who finished all Barrow-Downs deeds before Isengard even. I doubt it's worth it do to this at this point in time.
    Why not? I'm not going for a 'world first' or anything I just want the deeds cleared out of my log for completionist sake and its not like there is much else to do in the game. Can you give links to the above mentioned posts too please?

I'd like to do these as well.
    I only have 180 deeds remaining and Barrow Downs Skirm represents 58 of those.

The main problem for me is finding a group. So far I've only been in once, as a small fellowship and it didn't last long.

From what I can gather, the deeds still work in exactly the way described in Pineleaf's guide (linked by Cadd_eu) - slayer deeds can be completed on non-grey mobs but the rest are level cap (or player level?) only.

Somebody told me that the mechanics had changed slightly which made kiting harder. I cannot confirm this but I would think that standing and fighting is a more productive way to complete deeds anyway.

Good luck with your deeds - I wish there were more like minded folk around

I really want to finish these deeds, too, but no one on my server seems interested.
    Narlinde, level 100 Minstrel, Rank 11, Member of Trucido ~ Windfola