We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Title "Bane of the Lieutenant" not awarded

Hello everyone,

yesterday I played and successfully completed Barad Guldur for the first time - in T2 HM.

However, the final HM quest, meta-deed and associated title was not awarded to me (see title).
    Others in my group (who also played the raid for the first time in T2 HM) received it.

Is it because, I was left without any morale (dead), by the time the fell beast was slain by the remainder of the raid?

To be honest, I have never payed attention to it:
    Are deeds/titles generally not awarded, if one is dead at the moment, when the group fulfills the prerequisites for the deed/quest?

Regards
    Talivael, RK on Maiar

P.S.: if this has already been asked, I have to apologize; I was looking for related posts, but could not find any
    Last edited by Raffazahn; Aug 20 2013 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Added the fact, that the quest also was still open.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2621a000000195df4/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Raffazahn View Post
    Hello everyone,

yesterday I played and successfully completed Barad Gularan for the first time - in T2 HM.

However, the final meta-deed and associated title was not awarded to me (see title).
    Others in my group (who also played the raid for the first time in T2 HM) received it.

Is it because, I was left without any morale (dead), by the time the fell beast was slain by the remainder of the raid?

To be honest, I have never payed attention to it:
    Are deeds/titles generally not awarded, if one is dead at the moment, when the group fulfills the prerequisites for the deed/quest?

Regards
    Talivael, RK on Maiar

P.S.: if this has already been asked, I have to apologize; I was looking for related posts, but could not find any
    Hi! What does your deed say?
    http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Bane_of_the_Lieutenant does not indicate that you would need to click anything or the like in order to get credit. I think you should get credit even if dead, at least that's as I recall how other stuff works. Did you /bug or f7 inside game to get GM to help correct it? If no, I think you can do so after the fact, you just need to know fairly exact time I suspect...possibly a +name+ can help further.

Some deeds are also known to "hick-up" meaning you have to log out and back in again for the deed to register. I think this happened when I got the deed back when level 65 was the cap.
    Last edited by Raven-EU; Aug 20 2013 at 06:17 AM. Reason: Confused one mechanic with another...
    [I]A small cog in a big machine.
    [/I]
    Life has no "Undo" button, only "I'm sorry". Thinking before doing is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven-EU View Post
    Some deeds are also known to "hick-up" meaning you have to log out and back in again for the deed to register. I think this happened when I got the deed back when level 65 was the cap.
    I forgot to mention (now added in the OP):

The prerequiste quest (to kill the Lieutnant first, then the beast) for the deed was also still open (no checkmark next to it).

If I understand you correctly, the quest should have been fulfilled, and thus the related deed completed, and this should have triggered the meta-deed (the one for the title) based on the three HM deeds.

I will log in again and double-check. If there is no change, I will write a ticket.

Anyways, I'll report the results here.

P.S.:
    Tack för svaren än så länge (-;
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2621a000000195df4/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Raffazahn View Post
    I forgot to mention (now added in the OP):
    P.S.:
    Tack för svaren än så länge (-;
    My captain did BG T2 HM full run 2 weeks ago and got the title, as well as a nice 15 seals. This sounds like a hiccup.

100s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Hrolfdan (MN), Aldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rumbold (BG): The little ones - Rumbelina (MN), Brai (RK)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), Snowbourn
    A Noob for All Seasons

I initiated an in-game ticket yesterday. It was closed the same day saying, they could not help me and referring to a Turbine website for issuing tickets. Issued a ticket on that website some few hours ago. As the e-mail confirmation check-box was checked, I had expected to get an automatic e-mail as a confirmation, but there is nothing so far (double-checked the e-mail address by looking at the forms auto-completion of my browser). So. let's wait and see...

It's really a joke. The answer to the in-game ticket was that the GMs could not help me and that I should issue a ticket on the Turbine Help webpage. I did so and received the answer, that they could help me and that I should issue an in-game ticket.
    Obviously, nobody feels responsible for the problem.

Now, I answered to the e-mail from Turbine related to my out-of-game ticket (see above) and told them, that I already had issued an in-game ticket before and was asked to issue a ticket via the website. In response, they told me, that they have looked at the in-game ticket as well and asked me to submit the issue again - this time as a BUG (and not a quest/deed-related ticket) via the in-game interface.

I did so (referencing to the old ticket) , so let's see, what happens. So far, I have only received an automated response.
    Last edited by Raffazahn; Aug 28 2013 at 06:04 AM.

Some of these deeds require more than your group complete the challenge. They require that your character survive. Defeat means you have to come back and try again. I believe this part of the Bane is one of the "No Defeat" cases.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    Some of these deeds require more than your group complete the challenge. They require that your character survive. Defeat means you have to come back and try again. I believe this part of the Bane is one of the "No Defeat" cases.
    Occasionally glitches happen. It is best to be alive prior to the deed-bestowal check being done for this safety reason. It is not always a stated requirement on the deed (My Ivar orders have NEVER counted if I was dead for example, but its not a stated requirement).
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    Occasionally glitches happen. It is best to be alive prior to the deed-bestowal check being done for this safety reason. It is not always a stated requirement on the deed (My Ivar orders have NEVER counted if I was dead for example, but its not a stated requirement).
    Turbine does not list all the requirements for every deed. A number of visible deeds have hidden requirements. I vaguely recall Amlug discussing a few examples of instance deeds with hidden requirements.

As most of us know there are deeds like Carnivore that only appear in your deed log when you complete all the requirements.

I remember some of the "In Your Absence" deeds had a distance limit to get credit on the kills. You have to be careful not to go too close the ends of the "Arena" otherwise you would not get deed. Other boss battles were possible to reset even when locked inside the Arena but running around the inner edge.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    Turbine does not list all the requirements for every deed. A number of visible deeds have hidden requirements.
    Which is why its always better to make sure you're alive if at all possible =)
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler