We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Missing Reputation with Men of the Wold

I've completed Hytbold, entirely, with a Champion. Currently, I'm working towards Hytbold with a Hunter (lvl 85). The hunter is Ally, at least, with three of the four original East Rohan factions, but not with Men of the Wold.

Here's my issue: the hunter has completed 77 quests/instances in The Wold and 22 quests/instances in The North Wold and still has only 21,500/25,000 rep on the Friend to Ally track. I compared the hunter's quest log to the champion's quest log (see above). The hunter has actually done five more quests/instances than the champion, yet the champion got to Ally status with Men of the Wold, and the hunter has not. Again comparing the two quest completion logs, I found one quest the champion had done that the hunter hasn't: A Friend in a Sea of Distrust, which is no longer available to the hunter.

LOTRO-wiki only has 74 quests/instances in The Wold and the same 22 quests/instances in The North Wold that the hunter has completed.

I opened a ticket, but the answer was basically "we won't help you with quest information". I'm pretty sure that team +Ogdred+ didn't even read the ticket carefully before closing it. I Googled for other sites that might have quest lists for the two areas of The Wold, but found nothing as comprehensive as LOTRO-wiki's list, and I have more completed quests/instances in The Wold on my list than their list has.

How in the heck am I going to get to Hytbold and complete it?

You can start the Hytbold quest once you hit level 84.
    The you do the Hytbold dailies to gain rep. with the various factions.

Use rep. accelerators and make sure you do all the Wold quests offered each day and you'll get to Ally & Kindred.
    [IMG]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-OOGLYqiRemk/U2TxWOwnO6I/AAAAAAAACSE/bk3MyjILFJ0/w350-h120-no/LOTRO+Forums+Sig.jpg[/IMG]

Fat, Fuzzy, & Disabled............life doesn't get any better!
    Kinship: Roxxi Manor

Missing Reputation with Men of the Wold

<<sigh>> I'm afraid your response was as useless to my situation as my submitting a ticket to Support was.

A: I know how to start Hytbold, my champion has finished it. My hunter has started Hytbold - that's when I discovered I lacked sufficient rep to get quests from "The Wold" section of Hytbold.

B: I stated that my hunter has completed 77 quests and instances in the Wold and 22 quests and instances in The North Wold. The only quest I'm missing is one that is no longer available to me. Even it it was, it would not contribute 3,500 rep with The Men of The Wold. There are no quests for me to use Rep accelerators on!

Please, please, please read my initial post carefully before responding. Thank you.

If you finished every quest in Eastern Rohan while leveling up, you should have already reached Friend with the Men of the Wold with 18,100 / 25,000 toward Ally.

After that, you need to accept Aiding the Eastemnet from Hytbold and do daily quests in Harwick in the Wold (maximum 4/day). These will grant you Men of the Wold reputation.

After doing this enough days, you will have enough reputation to get quests from The Wold section of Hytbold.

None of the zones has enough quests to get you to Ally faction (unless you start using rep accellerators early on when doing those quests). In EVERY case, you must do Hytbold dailies in that zone to get to Ally and then Kindred. After you reach each of these points, then the appropriate quest guy will appear in Hytbold to allow you to do their repair quests.

By the time you have completed enough quests to completely rebuild Hytbold, you should have reached Kindred with all 4 factions IF you spread out your dailies between all 4 daily quest hubs. If you never do dailies in Harwick, you won't finish up your rep or be able to finish the rebuild.

If all you are worried about is getting the armour for your hunter, I suggest having any toon that has completed the rebuild buy the armour and pass it to your hunter using shared vault space (mail won't work). The armour is bind to account and so one toon can buy it and another wear it even if the new toon has never done a single quest in Rohan and has zero rep with all the factions.
    [CENTER][B][I][COLOR=yellow]LOTRO proves that Middle Earth is Hobbit Forming![/COLOR][/I][/B][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by beerguy View Post
    <<sigh>> I'm afraid your response was as useless to my situation as my submitting a ticket to Support was.

A: I know how to start Hytbold, my champion has finished it. My hunter has started Hytbold - that's when I discovered I lacked sufficient rep to get quests from "The Wold" section of Hytbold.

B: I stated that my hunter has completed 77 quests and instances in the Wold and 22 quests and instances in The North Wold. The only quest I'm missing is one that is no longer available to me. Even it it was, it would not contribute 3,500 rep with The Men of The Wold. There are no quests for me to use Rep accelerators on!

Please, please, please read my initial post carefully before responding. Thank you.
    Working as intended.

You can't reach Ally with any faction exclusively by completing normal quests in the towns and/or landscape. You will end up a few thousand rep points shy of Ally (with each faction) by the time you finish questing the entirety of Rohan and head off to Hytbold. That is the way it should be:

Quote Originally Posted by Fredelas View Post
    If you finished every quest in Eastern Rohan while leveling up, you should have already reached the following reputation standings:

• Men of the Wold: Friend at 18,100 / 25,000 toward Ally.
    • Men of the Norcrofts: Friend at 18,700 / 25,000 toward Ally.
      Note: The quest [80] Speaking the Truth rewards no reputation, while its alternative [80] Inhild's Wish rewards 900 reputation. It may also be possible to get a little more reputation if you complete the quest [80] Leader of the Nink-hai or its alternative [80] The Prisoner Returns. I'm not sure if they both reward the same reputation.
    • Men of the Entwash Vale: Friend at 18,800 / 25,000 toward Ally.
    • Men of the Sutcrofts: Friend at 19,700 / 25,000 toward Ally.

This means to reach Kindred standing with every faction, you'll need a total of 144,700 reputation. It will take a minimum of 25 days to do this, assuming you do five quests for Aiding the Eastemnet each day and don't "waste" any reputation on factions that are already at Kindred standing.
    Beyond that, you then get the rest of the way to Ally (and later to Kindred) specifically by completing content for Hytbold. As you say, your hunter is currently doing Hytbold. You will need to do some more Harwick quests for the daily Aiding the Eastemnet in order to open up the Wold's rebuilding quests back in Hytbold.
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

I've completed Hytbold, entirely, with a Champion. Currently, I'm working towards Hytbold with a Hunter (lvl 85). The hunter is Ally, at least, with three of the four original East Rohan factions, but not with Men of the Wold.

Here's my issue: the hunter has completed 77 quests/instances in The Wold and 22 quests/instances in The North Wold and still has only 21,500/25,000 rep on the Friend to Ally track.

How in the heck am I going to get to Hytbold and complete it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grhysli View Post
    you do the Hytbold dailies to gain rep. with the various factions.

asdadadasdasdasddas
    [COLOR="#669966"][center][size=1]Mildford - R9 Hunter • Support - R7 LM
    The Storm Crusaders • Gladden[/size][/center][/COLOR]

re: Missing Rep with MotW

OK, thanks to you players who (properly) read my initial post, and answered meaningfully.

I'll head back to Hytbold and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadowyn View Post
    None of the zones has enough quests to get you to Ally faction (unless you start using rep accellerators early on when doing those quests). In EVERY case, you must do Hytbold dailies in that zone to get to Ally and then Kindred. After you reach each of these points, then the appropriate quest guy will appear in Hytbold to allow you to do their repair quests.

By the time you have completed enough quests to completely rebuild Hytbold, you should have reached Kindred with all 4 factions IF you spread out your dailies between all 4 daily quest hubs. If you never do dailies in Harwick, you won't finish up your rep or be able to finish the rebuild.

If all you are worried about is getting the armour for your hunter, I suggest having any toon that has completed the rebuild buy the armour and pass it to your hunter using shared vault space (mail won't work). The armour is bind to account and so one toon can buy it and another wear it even if the new toon has never done a single quest in Rohan and has zero rep with all the factions.
    This helped me out a lot; thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Moskvich View Post

--------------------------------

Originally Posted by Jadowyn

------------------------------------

This helped me out a lot; thanks!
    Me too, but I'd like to revisit this issue. The caves have repeatable daily quests that give rep, and the warbands do too, in every sub-area of Rohan. Usually there are some draughar caves of one sort or another you can visit daily after doing the 4 quests in Harwick for Hytbold.

I've been having trouble getting the very last bit of Kindred with the Wold and I ended up on this thread from google, so I thought it important to update it. Funny it didn't seem as hard as that for Entwash, but I did that area first for LI reasons. I haven't been using any rep buffs, except I traded for about 5 with a kinnie.

-------------------- Edit:

I spoke too soon, I redid the warbands and caves. Only the caves in Entwash Vale give you quests, the ones in the Wold do not. Also warbands I always thought gave rep, but they don't. Neither do the tasks. Great way to level a steed, but otherwise... a washout. I'm going to be stubborn about this and just quest my way to full rep. In a blatantly "we'll make you grind until your hands bleed unless you pay us real money" situation, I'll dig in my heels. Be more subtle next time, I'm really quite lazy unless my contrariness is aroused. :P
    Last edited by gripply; Mar 22 2015 at 04:53 PM.

that bright star in the constelation of Vela
    Quote Originally Posted by gripply View Post
    In a blatantly "we'll make you grind until your hands bleed unless you pay us real money" situation. :P
    This really is a big LOL statement well said Grip.
    MOORS: HUNTER R11, WARG R9
    BE NOT FEARFUL OF DEATH FOR IT WILL LEAD YOU TO AN EVEN GREATER ADVENTURE,
    AS LIFE IT SELF IS A JOURNEY TO DEATH AND ONE WHICH WE MUST ALL TAKE.... LIVE GOOD, FIGHT HARD, DIE WELL.

Can you run daily Hytbold after rebuild is finished? Each rebuild is now 1 token, I know I finished it on one character but not revisited the place (as I'm maxxed with those reps). Perhaps the hytbold craft dailies also dish out some rep? I forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Macroscian View Post
    Can you run daily Hytbold after rebuild is finished? Each rebuild is now 1 token, I know I finished it on one character but not revisited the place (as I'm maxxed with those reps). Perhaps the hytbold craft dailies also dish out some rep? I forget.
    Do it as many days as you want. Hytbold was intended as one of the level 85 level capped character daily activities to keep you busy until Helms Deep came out.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.