We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Will Erebor be Scaled to 95? What about the Meta-Deed?

I wonder if Erebor will be immediately scaled to level 95 when the next expansion comes out? What will this mean for the Meta-deed/ Flight T2 Challenge quest?

This is the first raid that was introduced already scaled (you can run it from level 20 to 85). This also seems to be the first Raid in which so few have actually completed CM (as far as I know, only one kin has done it or at least has posted that they've done it). Since the scaling tech will allow the devs to easily scale it to 95, will they? If they do, the challenge quests will only be available at level cap, which means it may be as hard or close to as hard to get that final Challenge done for the Meta-Deed (and horse!). This will be a bummer.

One trend I have noticed, though, is that up-scaled instances become easier as they get scaled. Look at BG and OD for instance. The general consensus seems to be that they are much easier now when run at 85 then when they were first introduced. Perhaps this is because of certain class changes that have occurred, or better gear on a relative basis as the cap increases, or changes to the combat mechanics themselves. So I'm hoping this will hold true if they immediately scale Erebor to 95. Even then, (and current lag issues aside) Flight CM may continue to elude even the better raiding kins, but most certainly casual raiders.

I'm wondering if they will leave it unscaled this coming expansion. Right now you can run Orthanc, DN, the Rift, Turtle, and Watcher raids above level and many 6 mans including the Angmar ones and all of Moria. But this feature may be gone for good with all new raids being introduced as a scaled Raid, if that is the way the Devs are going.

Which reminds me... I should farm more DN so I can get that last Orc head for the housing item before they scale it someday. Oh and the Jewelled Bell from the Rift.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Radian

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino-Man View Post
    Which reminds me... I should farm more DN so I can get that last Orc head for the housing item before they scale it someday.
    Ew. Scaled orc head.

(Got my Jewelled Bell on Vinius this weekend. Sadly, it no longer Jingle-Jangles.)
    Viniel, 100 Minstrel -- Tokomak, 100 Guard -- Valwin, 100 Captain -- Vinlad, 100 Burglar -- Vinius, 100 Champion -- (and others)

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino-Man View Post
    One trend I have noticed, though, is that up-scaled instances become easier as they get scaled. Look at BG and OD for instance. The general consensus seems to be that they are much easier now when run at 85 then when they were first introduced.
    It is not the reason.
    All instances are easier because they have been completely nerfed with U10

I'm almost certain this cluster has been designed for easy scaling once the level cap goes up... I see no reason these raids wont scale to L95 when HD goes live. I should imagine they will drop L95 teals and golds but obviously not 1st age symbols... stones (for the barter rings) and L85 recipes may also not drop when being run at L95.

I dont think the CM deeds will be possible at anything other than L95 after helms deep, so no easy moding the deed by setting the instance as L85... Depending on how the class changes work out this could make the raids easier or harder, these deeds may well be harder to complete after the update.

All scalable instances have been immediately scaled to new level caps so far, so I don't see any reason to expect Erebor to be different.

Personally I see the reason that BG and OD have become easier after scaling is the Great Stat Unhinging of Isengard. At 65, your maximum stat was 650. At 75, people had stats of 2000+, and now at 85 up to 3000+. I don't think Turbine quite compensated for that in their instance scaling. Damage has increased non-linearly too. A good weapon at level 50 did maybe 45 dps, now it's 150+ dps.