We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Threaded View

New blood in the Ettenmoors

Hi, My Rune-keeps name is Anzelm and I am a nob, especially in the Ettenmoors. Please do not hold that against me. I know it and everyone else in the Moors does too. I still have fun. But activity in the Moor’s has been dying over the last couple years.

Everyone has their own ideas as to why. As a Nob Ill offer my opinion. A lot of the hi ranking vets are going to hate me for this. As a low rank Nob my biggest frustration was not being able to go much farther than two feet out side of GV without getting ganked by a group of creeps like I was scraps to be fought over. It does not take 8 hi rank creeps to kill me. But when pickings are slim, *shrugs*And I know it goes the other way too.

So I am suppose to group up if I want to go anywhere there. That would be fine but for the Vets that look down on Freeps like me and won’t let you in there group. When you do get lucky to get into a group you get accuse of working for the other side if you make any mistakes. So you get labeled and no one wants you in their group. Back to square one being creep scraps to be fought over. Hard to have fun that way.

I do have a sense of hummer, I can laugh at myself and run back to the fight. I know I have a lot to learn, but it is hard to get into the PvMP when you are just learning and you are constantly feeling like you have no chance and are looked down upon. Pretty much all caused by those hi rankers “both sides” that think so much of themselves and think the Moor’s should revolve around them.

But things are starting to change. The vets are getting tired of not finding enough activity to really keep them interested and they are transferring to more active PvMP severs by the droves. The Moor’s are getting less populated by hi ranker’s and the ones that are staying are those that just want to have some fun and do not take the game so serious. I do not mean to bash the vets, they play the way they know how too. But things would get real fun if more people ventured over into the Ettenmoors . The Moors on Windfola is ripe for a new influx of players. There is room to grow and learn again. And there are a lot of vets that are willing to teach because they too would like to see things more active. You can now run around more without getting ganked so bad. The big raids do not usually form till later in the evening.

So I hope to see more people out there playing both sides, killing each other, goofing off and just having fun. Drag your whole kin over for a night of something different. Or just solo. Out-running a craid till you run into a fraid can be a thrill. I’ll be there.
    Anzelm of Windfola
    Last edited by melnas; Aug 19 2013 at 11:26 AM.
    Anzelm R8 Rune-Keeper - Snalagaster R5 Reaver - Zombidog R3 Stalker - Slyths R3 Defiler
    Nob for Life but having fun