We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Weaver Damage

Weaver Damage

As you can see either the tool tip is broken or the damage spiders are supposed to do inst up to what its supposed to be, does any other MP class have this issue or is the damage so much lower because freeps say weavers are OP?
    Ssupermann: I hate minis, they have satellite lazers

Quote Originally Posted by Nerglor View Post
    As you can see either the tool tip is broken or the damage spiders are supposed to do inst up to what its supposed to be, does any other MP class have this issue or is the damage so much lower because freeps say weavers are OP?
    As far as I can see, all hits are within the tooltip range, except for 2 which are ~4-5% lower (remember, there are Migitations too, even on slugs)

Initial hit: 658 (tooltip range:623-890)
    DoT ticks: 258-357 (tooltip range:289-413)

What exactly do you think is not working? Did you maybe look at the DoT ticks and compare them to the tooltip damage of the initial hit?

A lot of it is dependent on mitigations and resistances. I know as an LM very few of my skills hit creeps for normal hits within the range stated in the tooltip. On NPC's, however, I do hit for those numbers.
    Irin r8 Hunter // Arngar r8 Burg // Akthuri r15 LM // Vishus r5 Captain // Curad r10 (active) Mini

Quote Originally Posted by Nerglor View Post
    is the damage so much lower because freeps say weavers are OP?

Ridiculous

Attended by Coldaen

Quote Originally Posted by Chris91 View Post
    As far as I can see, all hits are within the tooltip range, except for 2 which are ~4-5% lower (remember, there are Migitations too, even on slugs)

Initial hit: 658 (tooltip range:623-890)
    DoT ticks: 258-357 (tooltip range:289-413)

What exactly do you think is not working? Did you maybe look at the DoT ticks and compare them to the tooltip damage of the initial hit?
    ya i mistook the initial damage for the DoT that is applied, sorry for my nubness XD
    Ssupermann: I hate minis, they have satellite lazers

After the helms deep update i did a litle comparisson, my tainted kiss should do 1,6k damage and this is almost always accurate at pve mobs, but the mitigations of freeps can be so high, i once had when using the tainted kiss skikl only 200damage to morale impact, that's low compared to 1,6k. And i take for each blow of an freep for about 2k of damage, i think this is broken.

Creeps might be having 2 or 3 times as much health, but they don't hit as much compared to freeps.
    I can now solo op's but i can no longer fight freeps, not even those below my rank.

So the damage of (in this case a weaver) creeps is no longer equal to that of freeps.

I agree, weaver damage is in a sad pathetic state right now... I caught a guard (r7 one) afk or linkdead the other day on my spider... I was hitting him with a perfect dps rotation for nearly 2 minutes while he sat there afk... just before he died a rk came and full healed him in like 2-3 skills and he came back to the keyboard and I had to run back to grams to avoid being killed... using my shortburrow from the slug pits to grams and still nearly died... something has to give... I think allowing our dots to tier up on a target the way everything elses dots do would help dramatically and would fit with the theme of the spider being a late fight threat more. as far as dot classes go, our dots are the weakest in existence
    Belolth Hisses with fury as venom drips from his maw, scorching the earth, "come manling, my brood hungers!"

Hi,

I think the main problems with Weaver are:

--> Weaver damage get's tripple mitigated.

1) Standard freep resistance makes it so that you have 10% chance to be resisted fully
    2) The poison does 50isch% less damage after resistance
    3) Almost every freep has a poison remove nowadays.

Weaver atm is only viable because in RvR they can be a stunlocker & they can web.

My 2 cents

Nurgil of Withywindle

I was just thinking of putting something up about this. I don't get why the other creep classes got their own damage types, yet the Weaver got stuck with Acid which gets mitigated beyond belief. My Weaver is traited for damage output mostly, and I can barely scratch Freeps even being a rank 7. If they gave us spidys a unique damage type, then we could do much more than sit in the back row and crowd control. Also some of the skills need a serious overhaul (especially Envenom and Toxin).

I could be wrong about this, but I play my spider almost daily, and have noticed where things could be greatly improved.

I'm a freep player and we are all sitting on mitigation caps without virtues. That lowers weaver DPS quiet a lot. Also we invest on resistance instead of tactical mitigation for virtues since mits are already capped. That reduces weaver DPS even more. I'm certain you guys need a remarkable buff to all your damage output.