We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Reaver's Charge

Angry Reaver's Charge

Noticed today that now Charge doesn't start immediately, animation does, but actual charging starts 1 second after. Is this how it's supposed to be or is it a bug?
    Hydrogen
    Nitrogenn
    Hydronakh

Either way, drink some cement and harden up

Quote Originally Posted by Anurr View Post
    Noticed today that now Charge doesn't start immediately, animation does, but actual charging starts 1 second after. Is this how it's supposed to be or is it a bug?
    Do you mean the immunities of the charge or the actual charge itself? If you gain the benefits of it immediately than how is it an issue?

Attended by Coldaen

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosttaker View Post
    Do you mean the immunities of the charge or the actual charge itself? If you gain the benefits of it immediately than how is it an issue?
    There is a delay in the speed boost part of it if I remember correctly from last time I was on my reaver, so yes one of the benefits of the skill (run speed set to 200%) is delayed and not available until the animation goes off, essentially delaying the skill benefit for about a second after use. Guess it would be somewhat like you being attacked by a warg, then responding by doing a stun say perfect imagery/shocking words on your rk (assuming those still exist) and it being delayed a second after the animation went off when the timing of the skill is what matters for tactical gameplay, not oh well doesn't matter as long as we get the benefit sometime.
    Last edited by Vezz; Dec 17 2013 at 08:06 AM.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#daa520][SIZE=3][FONT=palatino linotype]Razzgash R12 Warg -- Razzgrish R12 Blackarrow -- Razztankz R12 Warleader
    Razztoxin R11 Weaver -- Razzhealzu R10 Defiler -- Razzbladez R9 Reaver[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

Before HD all skill benefits were immediate on skill use, now you hit charge, but you start to run at 200% speed only after 1 second, and also I noticed that stun immunity is delayed too and it's even a bigger problem, especially with burgs.
    Hydrogen
    Nitrogenn
    Hydronakh

And I guess that is where I was going, in that delay if you get hit does it negate the speed buff and stun immunity or do you at least get to have that even if it doesn't fire immediately. There are a couple of skills for my class that have delays and it is frustrating to say the least.

Attended by Coldaen

This happened a while back as well. Back then we could just hit charge twice and have it go off. Not sure if that will work now, but it's worth a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ugmo View Post
    This happened a while back as well. Back then we could just hit charge twice and have it go off. Not sure if that will work now, but it's worth a shot.
    Thanks for the tip, I'll try it!
    Hydrogen
    Nitrogenn
    Hydronakh

Pretty sure Charge gets bugged after every expansion. It was the same way at the start of RoI
    [I][b][center][color=red]Overlord Gothnon [/color][/center][/b][/I] [I][b][center][color=yellow]Brandywine[/color][/center][/b][/I]

Not sure if it still happens but this is what I had to do for Shadow Pack while stealth'd for some reason. I had it miss fire many times prior to attacking from stealth that I eventually just started mashing whatever button is was mapped to.
    [IMG]http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z434/spance76/thrag_zps674d7c88.jpg[/IMG]

If all else fails, grab a target and cut the animation with Gut Punch....charge on maggots!

(And no, you don't need to be within mêlée range for it to work.) (And yes, I AM that pretentious that I type mêlée that way.)
    [IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/547875_10152075720742701_46971757_n.jpg[/IMG]
    66 Maggot Street, Grothum, Arador's End, Ettenmoors.
    Laurelin/Landroval/Brandywine.

Quote Originally Posted by Moors-Battlemaster View Post
    Either way, drink some cement and harden up
    Better yet! Let's all have Cement Mixers!

1/2 a Shot of Bailey's Irish Cream and 1/2 a Shot of Lemon Juice

After all the PvMP 'updates' I certainly feel like puking!

Update is a strong word to be tossing around pvp.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040100000f1436/signature.png]Clutchofdarkness[/charsig]

Time is nothing but life's sunset, enjoy it while it lasts.

Charge is awfull as it is now, no doubt about it.
    What i do now, is i target something far from me, say in 1v1 i target my opponent, hit charge and doubleclick either gutpunch or disarm to get charge going instantly.

i would love to see charge changed how it was before HD.

The original Valdez

Any fix in 12.2 in charge skill??
    Reandar - Champion (100) / Stonidor - Runekeeper (100) / Skoundouflar - Burglar (100)
    Ultram Rank 12 Reaver / Ultgash Rank 8 Warg
    ~Officer of Greek Kinship Sacred Brotherhood~ @ Laurelin
    United we stand,divided we fall

Quote Originally Posted by Nick86 View Post
    Any fix in 12.2 in charge skill??
    nothing in the notes
    argio r11 burglar | trytofarmme r10 reaver | trytoloveme r10 spider | ikissedafreep r10 blackarrow | roargh r9 warleader | trytocatchme r9 warg |

Considering how reaver has no escape skills (nor do I think needs them), being stunned immediately upon using a skill which can be only used out of combat and supposedly also gives stun immunity, and is instant...

I would also like to see old charge back, or better remove the animation from it at all.

Off-topic: nothing about default attacks and lesser bleeds getting Orc-craft damage type, while the same issue on freep classes is being addressed. Think wardens will still do the unmitigated "Damage" with bleeds, can we get at least one of those, eh?

Yup, charge is broken. Best thing we can do is add it to our daily bug report list, which should already include resillience and DR.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020100004f382b/signature.png]Bloodbad[/charsig]

You slugs need to break the animation with Gut Punch/Disarm... Annoying? Perhaps. Game-breaking? No.
    [IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/547875_10152075720742701_46971757_n.jpg[/IMG]
    66 Maggot Street, Grothum, Arador's End, Ettenmoors.
    Laurelin/Landroval/Brandywine.

Quote Originally Posted by poxnoxious View Post
    You slugs need to break the animation with Gut Punch/Disarm... Annoying? Perhaps. Game-breaking? No.
    We "slugs" do. However, sometimes you suddendly see a freep ball (or map into it), hit charge, and in the split sec it takes to select an enemy and hit gut punch, a mini has screamed at me and I'm stunned. Not game breaking, but I'm still reporting it, because it's not working as it should.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020100004f382b/signature.png]Bloodbad[/charsig]

As of 12.2., charge can't be sped up by using immediate skills (disarm and gut punch). I guess it's really THAT hard for the devs to throw in a quick fix of a one single goddamn skill.
    Vilya: Healadder (defiler, R10), Kommisar (stalker, R7).
    Snowbourn: Superserial (warleader, R8), Steelstack (reaver, R6).
    Brandywine: Manvet (champion, R10 - Retired); Stargash-1 (reaver, R12)