We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Suggestion: Keeps should DEFAULT to Delving of Fror after 4-5 hours

It's very useful for outposts. I think it would be useful for keeps too. Imagine the brand new challenge it would bring as Delving elites tend to be a lot tougher than both main factions (free peoples/angmars army).

Quote Originally Posted by Graycient View Post
    It's very useful for outposts. I think it would be useful for keeps too. Imagine the brand new challenge it would bring as Delving elites tend to be a lot tougher than both main factions (free peoples/angmars army).
    How is this useful?
    It makes it tougher for the side that has not been able to take it for 4-5 hours. Outpost flipping aids balance; this would hinder it.
    It adds PvE to a PvP environment for the side that has held it. Outpost flipping encourage more PvP, as they can be taken (and defended) with small groups. This encourages less PvP.

In no way shape or form should this change ever be implemented. The auto-flipping keeps are bad enough.

Keeps should not auto-flip at all. If you can take it, then you should keep it till someone can take it away from you. Defend it successfully and it stays yours. Auto-flipping really doesn't make sense to me. If there is a good and logical reason for it, the yes please explain it to me.
    Lag = skills roulette. You never know which one will go off.

As it only happens with LC and TR, it's not a major issue, especially seeing as raids can take a keep in under a minute. Rather no keep auto flips.

It makes it tougher for the side that has not been able to take it for 4-5 hours. Outpost flipping aids balance; this would hinder it.
    Not necessarily. Remember how players can ninja the KBs and such for the Delving of Fror bosses? Same would apply for Delving owned keeps.

It adds PvE to a PvP environment for the side that has held it. Outpost flipping encourage more PvP, as they can be taken (and defended) with small groups. This encourages less PvP.
    The Ettenmoors is a RTS/RPG hybrid, as such it is SUPPOSE to have PVE elements. The Keeps/Outposts create fights as players fight to control them, or fight to defend them; That's a key RTS element. One of the ways LOTRO is unique. It's the way the game was designed.

The auto-flipping keeps are bad enough.
    Which would you rather have. Would you rather have a keep that you just flipped and 25 seconds later it auto-flips to your enemy side while your raid is still inside turning in the quests in the flag-room? Or would you rather have it flip back to delving if nobody has flipped it in a long time?

Keeps should not auto-flip at all. If you can take it, then you should keep it till someone can take it away from you.
    I agree with this to an extent. It's true a domination styled map should operate this way, but as Turbine stated long ago and as players have been complaining, the issue of map hogging became a problem. While in the traditional RTS way, it makes no sense to complaion about the map being controlled by one color as it's eventually suppose to end up that way in order for one side to win. But hey... This isn't my game. I just play here.

As it only happens with LC and TR, it's not a major issue, especially seeing as raids can take a keep in under a minute. Rather no keep auto flips.
    You would like this better than the current auto-flips that can are based on a random timer generator and will flip regardless of your raid still being inside the keep at the time it flips. It basically ignores everything and flips when the random timer ends.